Scenic laundry concierge

condor

We are taking our first river cruise on Scenic in September, Romantic Rhine and Moselle. I was just reading the Scenic website and saw a reference to a laundry concierge being available. Can someone please explain what this means?

Hi All, yes just ask your Butler there will be a laundry bag in your cabin with a cost list in it. We had 4 shirts laundered they were collected in the morning and returned perfectly ironed in the afternoon. I do have a full price list, it includes prices for washing & pressing, washing and pressing only the shirts cost 4.90€ each the most expensive is trousers 7.50€ each. I did notice in next years brochure that some cleaning would be included. There is no dry cleaning.

Hope this helps CA

If I'm converting right 3 euro is about $3.40 US $. I can buy a new shirt for not much more than that. Are there any place where we dock where we can do laundry while we are there? I can hear the locals now-"There goes another American Tourist with a sack full of dirty clothes"

When we were on our Scenic cruise we sent some shirts and larger things to the laundry, it was not too expensive, but every afternoon when we had a shower we washed our under ware, socks, t shirts etc in the cabin and they have a small clothes line in the shower. Easy. They were dry the next morning.

Cheers

or jr.suite,panorama,etc. We just washed out shirts,etc by hand then had pressed (2 per day)FREE. But be SURE to mark Press,,,they accidently washed 2 and TRIED to charge me.Refused,so make sure to check.Also, just washed and hung socks,etc.in shower like above poster said. Nice perk.We left last mos cruise owing NADA. :)

We each have a euro 75 ship board credit. Anyone recall what they have in the gift shop? I'm not interested in buying premium liquor, hair salon services, or a massage so I'm trying to figure out how to spend the euro 75.

We each have a euro 75 ship board credit. Anyone recall what they have in the gift shop? I'm not interested in buying premium liquor, hair salon services, or a massage so I'm trying to figure out how to spend the euro 75.

How bout laundry?!

We're going on the Rhone cruise in May 2016 and Scenic has announced that new for 2016 there will be a one-time free laundry service (up to 2 pounds of laundry)

Wow! Where did you read or hear about this? Wonder if that is applicable to all cabin types?

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Sunset Beach Gal---I heard the news about free laundry in 2016 straight from the horse's mouth (so to speak) during an online presentation by Scenic a few weeks ago. I hope to see it in writing soon!

Thanks, neighbor! I haven't done one of those on line presentations, but maybe I should. I looked at their website but didn't see anything.

This would be a nice benefit, although I will have to run in a weigh a pile of socks and undies to see how quickly it adds up to two pounds! ;)

Next day or two - HA. If it's a cruise issue, I'm on it. :D

Page 26 of the new big book:

Laundry Concierge

Our service takes away the hassle of washing while on board. A complimentary bag of clothes will be laundered for you on every cruise.

Diamond Deck

Guests . . . will be offered two pieces of complimentary clothes pressing every day.

No mention of weight with the bag of laundry. DH and I laugh that they don't know how much we can compress into one of those little laundry bags! It isn't clear if the pressing is two per person or stateroom. My guess is per stateroom.

Love the new 2016 Scenic book too, but it shows our May 2016 Rhone cruise going in the opposite direction of what we booked. Our TA called them and they didn't say it's a misprint but did say that our cruise direction is still as originally planned. Do I feel totally comfortable with that explanation??? Ack!!!!

We did the Rhone cruise this year and as far as I can see Scenic only do their Saone and Rhone cruises one way and that is down river Chalon sur Saone towards the Mediterranean. Their Rhine and Danube cruises go either way and their Seine one there and back.

CA

We did the Rhone cruise this year and as far as I can see Scenic only do their Saone and Rhone cruises one way and that is down river Chalon sur Saone towards the Mediterranean. Their Rhine and Danube cruises go either way and their Seine one there and back.

CA

I can't believe there are any cuises that don't operate in both directions, unless there is some sort of circular route possible.

If they didn't, then the ship would be sailing empty in the reverse direction, which would surely cost them way too much.

If you follow the Scenic ships on anyoverip.de/scenic you will see that the two Scenic ships, Sapphire & Emerald travel through the night and take about 36 hours to do the trip. We joked with one of the hotel staff that they worked flat out to prepare the ship for the next cruise and then partied he was horrified, then realised it was a joke and assured us that was not the case. Don't forget that on the Saone Rhone cruise there is no night cruising.

CA