JetBlue Help

Suzanne123

What am I doing wrong? I found a $79 one way flight on JetBlue on both ita matrix and Google flights. March 24, 2016, BWI to FLL. When I go to book it on JetBlue's web site, it's showing $234. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

I'm going to follow this thread.

Looked for flights for this fall, from BUF Buffalo to JFK... prices were pretty much the same on several flights for several days.

When I checked again, for the day I wanted, THAT day was priced higher.

Still looking.

Looked for flights for this fall, from BUF Buffalo to JFK... prices were pretty much the same on several flights for several days.

Still looking.

Urban myth.

Urban myth.

Of course, we want to fly out on October 25th....

BUF to JFK one way...

Oct. 21 $100.

Oct. 22 $100.

Oct. 23 $110.

Oct. 24 $100.

Oct. 25 $140.

Oct. 26 $100.

Oct. 27 $100.

Oct 28 $100.

and so on.

How does OUR date become priced higher and an urban myth ?

Of course, we want to fly out on October 25th....

BUF to JFK one way...

Oct. 21 $100.

Oct. 22 $100.

Oct. 23 $110.

Oct. 24 $100.

Oct. 25 $140.

Oct. 26 $100.

Oct. 27 $100.

Oct 28 $100.

and so on.

Your post was title "Does Jetblue take advantage" indictaing you thought because you were looking for that day they jacked the price up.

Still looking.

Most airlines price each day of the week differently to capture the most money from the business traveler. For example, if a business person has a early meeting Monday morning he/she is going to fly out on Sunday. You will find that Tuesday, Wednesday and sometimes Saturday will usually have the cheaper fares. You can set up a travel alert to be notified when Jet Blue or any other airline has a sale. I hope this helps.

Welcome to capacity controls...

If you are using the Jetblue website you can put in the a few days before or after the day you want to fly on because at the top above the Non-Refundable/Refundable section you can change the day forward or back.

So I just did BUF-JFK one way on 10/24 and yes cheapest flight for 24th was $100 and on the scroll bar the 25th has cheapest $140 Flight 2101 at 8:38a.

So Jetblue didn't raise the price when I searched on the 24th.

BTW, the $100 fare flight on the same flight 2101 the 24th only has one seat left. If you searched for 2 seats you won't get the $100 price. I bet Jetblue just raised the fare because two peole are traveling!!! Not...

What am I doing wrong? I found a $79 one way flight on JetBlue on both ita matrix and Google flights. March 24, 2016, BWI to FLL. When I go to book it on JetBlue's web site, it's showing $234. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Try clicking the link in Google Flights to take you to the Jet Blue site. It worked for someone else in another thread recently.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Try clicking the link in Google Flights to take you to the Jet Blue site. It worked for someone else in another thread recently.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

It wasn't working yesterday and is doesn't seem to be working today. The flights we wanted-JFK-STT-JFK yesterday were $426 on Google Flights. When you click on "Buy on Jet Blue", it sends you to the Jet Blue site where you start your booking all over again. Those flights start at $1,000+ and go up to $1,800 pp. This why I'm wondering where Google is getting the prices from.

Most airlines price each day of the week differently to capture the most money from the business traveler. For example, if a business person has a early meeting Monday morning he/she is going to fly out on Sunday. You will find that Tuesday, Wednesday and sometimes Saturday will usually have the cheaper fares. You can set up a travel alert to be notified when Jet Blue or any other airline has a sale. I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Here's the deal...

WE have a cruise/flight package with NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line)

and will not know our overseas flights (on October 25th) until about 60 days out.

Just trying to co-ordinate a BUF to JFK connection.

DD lives in NYC. WE may fly in a day early.

If Google Flights and ITA are not quoting prices from the GDS, where are they getting the prices from?
AIUI, they get prices and availability from a GDS, but not live.

It's been speculated that one reason for Google buying ITA was because the two companies' core businesses had a lot in common.

A web search on Google doesn't send Google looking all over the internet for you; Google searches its cache of search results that it's compiled over time.

Similarly, ITA searched the GDS for fare and availability information and cached that; it then displayed its calculation of the fare based on that cached information. So if availability suddenly changed in the live GDS, it could take ITA some time to catch up. I haven't seen anything to suggest that the underlying approach has changed recently.

One of the things that it was thought that Google could bring to the ITA party was optimising that approach to get the best balance between minimising the cost of interrogating the GDS frequently and maximising the chance that most search results are correct most of the time. But running a balance means that sometimes, search results on ITA will be out of date.

I've never used JetBlue, so I'm wondering if they operate like the other airlines where prices go up and down all the time, or were the really low prices that i missed a once and done thing? Same thing with Southwest?

I'm used to going out of our local airport, but prices on Delta/United/USAir to FLL are insane ~$600 pp. If I drive to Baltimore, it's a hassle, but wow, those JetBlue and Southwest prices are great IF I can find one.

I've never used JetBlue, so I'm wondering if they operate like the other airlines where prices go up and down all the time, or were the really low prices that i missed a once and done thing? Same thing with Southwest?
Yes, both jetBlue and Southwest operate like other airlines and prices will go up and down.

But as with other airlines, the trend between the time that booking opens and the time that the aircraft door shuts will usually be upwards.

I booked one way flights to San Juan thru Google flights and saved $20 pp after seeing original post about it. It took me to Jetblue site but still got better price.

Checked directly thru Jetblue and still 20 dollars more.

Already have confirmation at lower price:)