Escape Paris Package (TransAtlantic Sail Date October 29, 2015

$hip$hape

Most of the migrant issues tend to be on the overnight trains from what I've read. Less detection.

I'm assuming our train will be one of the late morning/early afternoon trains. Leaning more towards morning as it's still another 1 1/2 hours from London to Southampton and I'm sure NCL doesn't want buses of people showing up 2 hours before we leave.

Where is everybody staying in Paris?

I keep checking my docs on a daily basis to see if they have changed our hotel. I have reviewed maps of the area and know which Metro station we are near and some of the things we are going to do while there.

We are booked at Mercure Montmartre.

Where is everybody staying in Paris?

I keep checking my docs on a daily basis to see if they have changed our hotel. I have reviewed maps of the area and know which Metro station we are near and some of the things we are going to do while there.

We are booked at Mercure Montmartre.

Hi!

We'll be with you at the Mercure Montmartre! We'll be flying fr MIA on AF.

Regards,

Sandy and Bill

Costa Rica

Hi!

We'll be with you at the Mercure Montmartre! We'll be flying fr MIA on AF.

Regards,

Sandy and Bill

Costa Rica

Sandy:

I look forward to meeting you and Bill. Do you have anything planned while you are in Paris or are you just winging it?

Donna and Don

Sandy:

I look forward to meeting you and Bill. Do you have anything planned while you are in Paris or are you just winging it?

Donna and Don

Hi Donna and Don!

We're pretty much just winging it. This is our third trip to Paris. So, based on what the 1/2 tour is about, we'll just check with the hotel about things they recommend for us. Basically, we love art and music and cultural experiences. Plus, we both love French food!!!! Montmartre is quite artsy, so I know we'll spend some of our time just wondering the streets.

How about you guys. What do you have planned?

Regards,

Sandy and Bill

Does anyone know how much the dining package is? I know 3 specialty dining venues are included with the Paris package and since we're platinum we should get dinner at LeBistro. Probably not worth getting a dining package, but we're curious. Can't find anything on NCL's site.

We're also wondering how many passengers are doing the Paris package. Getting excited - it will be here before we know it.

We are scheduled to land about 10 mins before you. :)

We should all be on the same transfer to the hotel - hope that's not our 1/2 day tour (but then again, if it is, that gives us all of Wednesday to do as we please!)

A bit difficult to plan without knowing. Oh well - we'll just do "whatever".

Hi Donna and Don!

We're pretty much just winging it. This is our third trip to Paris. So, based on what the 1/2 tour is about, we'll just check with the hotel about things they recommend for us. Basically, we love art and music and cultural experiences. Plus, we both love French food!!!! Montmartre is quite artsy, so I know we'll spend some of our time just wondering the streets.

How about you guys. What do you have planned?

Regards,

Sandy and Bill

Depending on the weather. I was looking forward to a walk to Sacre Coeur Basilica...it is supposed to be within walking distance from the hotel. Maybe grabbing the Metro and doing the Batobus on the Seine...read that it has 9 stops where you can get on and off all day. The cost is about $17.89 for a 1 day pass or $21.24 for a 2 day pass. I have also been checking the restaurants in the area and found one where the locals eat and it is about $11.57 for a full meal. Definitely, going to walk across the street and take some pictures of Moulin Rouge.

This is our first trip to Paris and TA, so needless to say I am scared and excited at the same time.

We were originally going to do the 2 day in Paris but the price came down so we opted for the 3 day and Mercure was the hotel they were offering. I was disappointed at first and then I realized we will be more into the heart of the city and not in the business area. Wonder if they are going to keep us there. Would be nice to know how many are booked on this 2 or 3 day Paris package.

Take care,

Donna

Depending on the weather. I was looking forward to a walk to Sacre Coeur Basilica...it is supposed to be within walking distance from the hotel. Maybe grabbing the Metro and doing the Batobus on the Seine...read that it has 9 stops where you can get on and off all day. The cost is about $17.89 for a 1 day pass or $21.24 for a 2 day pass. I have also been checking the restaurants in the area and found one where the locals eat and it is about $11.57 for a full meal. Definitely, going to walk across the street and take some pictures of Moulin Rouge.

This is our first trip to Paris and TA, so needless to say I am scared and excited at the same time.

We were originally going to do the 2 day in Paris but the price came down so we opted for the 3 day and Mercure was the hotel they were offering. I was disappointed at first and then I realized we will be more into the heart of the city and not in the business area. Wonder if they are going to keep us there. Would be nice to know how many are booked on this 2 or 3 day Paris package.

Take care,

Donna

Hi again!

The HopOn-Hopoff boat sure sounds good. I think that would be something we'd like to do too.

A picture of the Moulin Rouge is definitely a must for me.

And we so prefer to eat in the local spots. So count us in for that.

I thought Bill had been to Sacre-Coeur, but he said he hasn't been. Must have been on my first trip to Paris with girlfriends.

Glad to have folks to do things with. If you want to take our chatting off of the roll call, my email is sneundor at gmail dot com.

Regards,

Sandy and Bill

Costa Rica

Sandy:

Donna and Don

My father David and I are staying at the Montmarte as well as is my Sister (Lori) and her husband (David). Looking forward to meeting everyone. We are suppose to arrive in Paris at 11 am from NYC. My sister flying from Atlanta is due to arrive at about 10:45 am.

Hello all, we'll be seeing you on the ship - we are not on the Paris package.

But I would like to pass on to you for your interest, the email I received from Eurostar: (we travelled on Eurostar from London-Paris-London and loved it)

Dear Traveller,

I wanted to personally update you on last week's disruption to Eurostar services in the Calais area, and more importantly, the urgent actions Eurostar and our industry partners are taking to ensure we can provide a reliable service.

You will have undoubtedly seen media coverage about disruption near to the Channel Tunnel in recent months, which until last week has primarily impacted Eurotunnel's lorry shuttle and freight operations. Unfortunately, on the evening of the 1st September, Eurostar services were also affected as trespassers led to the temporary closure of the high speed line in the Calais Frethun area. Six Eurostar services were heavily delayed whilst the authorities ensured the safe removal of people from the tracks and in turn secured the infrastructure to allow the safe passage of our trains.

Following this incident, we have been working very closely with our infrastructure partners to ensure that immediate measures are put in place to protect our services. These include:

• SNCF and French police increasing their resources in the area of the high speed tracks we use, and having a fast track response process if trespassers are seen in the area of our tracks;

• Undergrowth cleared from around our tracks making it more difficult for trespassers to hide - this work has already been undertaken;

• Additional fencing being built by Eurotunnel to protect the high speed lines in this area.

Together these measures significantly reduce the risk of future disruption, and improve the speed of response should this kind of incident happen again.

Rest assured we and our partners are working hard to ensure we can deliver the dependable service that you expect from us.

Yours sincerely,

Nicolas Petrovic

CEO, Eurostar

I'm not really worried about it too much. If you've followed the news stories.

Most of the "incidents" have been VERY early morning or late at night. One can only assume to make it easier to avoid detection.

Our transfers should be after the early morning business rush and broad daylight. Which has not been effected.

My father David and I are staying at the Montmarte as well as is my Sister (Lori) and her husband (David). Looking forward to meeting everyone. We are suppose to arrive in Paris at 11 am from NYC. My sister flying from Atlanta is due to arrive at about 10:45 am.

I look forward to meeting Lori and David, since we will be on the same flight out of Atlanta.

Donna

Hello all, we'll be seeing you on the ship - we are not on the Paris package.

But I would like to pass on to you for your interest, the email I received from Eurostar: (we travelled on Eurostar from London-Paris-London and loved it)

Dear Traveller,

I wanted to personally update you on last week's disruption to Eurostar services in the Calais area, and more importantly, the urgent actions Eurostar and our industry partners are taking to ensure we can provide a reliable service.

You will have undoubtedly seen media coverage about disruption near to the Channel Tunnel in recent months, which until last week has primarily impacted Eurotunnel's lorry shuttle and freight operations. Unfortunately, on the evening of the 1st September, Eurostar services were also affected as trespassers led to the temporary closure of the high speed line in the Calais Frethun area. Six Eurostar services were heavily delayed whilst the authorities ensured the safe removal of people from the tracks and in turn secured the infrastructure to allow the safe passage of our trains.

Following this incident, we have been working very closely with our infrastructure partners to ensure that immediate measures are put in place to protect our services. These include:

• SNCF and French police increasing their resources in the area of the high speed tracks we use, and having a fast track response process if trespassers are seen in the area of our tracks;

• Undergrowth cleared from around our tracks making it more difficult for trespassers to hide - this work has already been undertaken;

• Additional fencing being built by Eurotunnel to protect the high speed lines in this area.

Together these measures significantly reduce the risk of future disruption, and improve the speed of response should this kind of incident happen again.

Rest assured we and our partners are working hard to ensure we can deliver the dependable service that you expect from us.

Yours sincerely,

Nicolas Petrovic

CEO, Eurostar

Thanks for sharing this letter you received from Eurostar. I am sure they will do everything to make us safe, but it is good to hear it from them.

Out of my interest, what time does your Eurostar train depart from Paris?

I can't remember but I think you need to be there about an hour before because there is a passport control.

NCL has not told us the time we will be departing. Our documents state that we will receive a letter when we check into the hotel as to when our 1/2 day tour of Paris is and when we will be departing for the train station. Everything we are doing is setup through NCL, so they have full responsibility for us, even the transfer from London to Southampton.

See You On Board

Good Morning All,

Lance and Tracy here. We are looking forward to meeting everyone on this trip, we are staying at the Montmarte and arriving on the 26th from LAX, coming from Palm Springs, CA. We have our room assignments (Deck 10) and our Flight is with AF on the 25th.

I was told that the city tour would be on the 27th in the morning and will take about 1/2 a day. Planning on seeing Sacre Coeur Basilica hopefully the first day. Cheers!

Good Morning All,

Lance and Tracy here. We are looking forward to meeting everyone on this trip, we are staying at the Montmarte and arriving on the 26th from LAX, coming from Palm Springs, CA. We have our room assignments (Deck 10) and our Flight is with AF on the 25th.

I was told that the city tour would be on the 27th in the morning and will take about 1/2 a day. Planning on seeing Sacre Coeur Basilica hopefully the first day. Cheers!

Welcome Lance and Tracy....so far it looks like 4 other couples who will be arriving Monday morning and staying at Mercure...look forward to meeting you. Guess with what you found out we will be plan on going to Sacre Coeur the first day too.

Donna and Don