Another Splendid Splendor cruise (with pics) 6/29/15

Jamman54

Great review, enjoyed all the pictures and comments. Cruising out of NY is on our bucket list. We're both born and raised NYers and left NY when Uncle Sam came a calling in 1974.

Would love to sail on the Splendor, looks like and awesome ship.

Thanks for taking the time to share and happy sailing.

Thank you for an enjoyable pictorial of your splendid cruise!

Cruising in and out of New York is so much different than cruising out of a Florida port. Loved all the pictures of the New York city skyline.

Looking forward to "traveling" with you on your next cruise review!

Finally caught up on the review Jeff.

Of course, another GREAT review. :)

Jeff, don't really care for the Balconies on the Ecstasy. I didn't see the balconies on the Fantasy though.

Sorry about your fall in Nassua. Watch out for the drinks. :eek: :eek:

Edited by Princess Cruiser27

Thank you for an enjoyable pictorial of your splendid cruise!

Cruising in and out of New York is so much different than cruising out of a Florida port. Loved all the pictures of the New York city skyline.

Looking forward to "traveling" with you on your next cruise review!

Thanks for coming along for the ride!! In about a month you can travel with us on the Breeze!

Finally caught up on the review Jeff.

Of course, another GREAT review. :)

Jeff, don't really care for the Balconies on the Ecstasy. I didn't see the balconies on the Fantasy though.

Sorry about your fall in Nassua. Watch out for the drinks. :eek: :eek:

Thanks Barb!!

They never added the balconies to the Fantasy.

What drinks?? :D

Great review, enjoyed all the pictures and comments. Cruising out of NY is on our bucket list. We're both born and raised NYers and left NY when Uncle Sam came a calling in 1974.

Would love to sail on the Splendor, looks like and awesome ship.

Thanks for taking the time to share and happy sailing.

Thanks for reading! Cruising out of New York should be on everyone's bucket list!

I am just getting caught up.

Great review Jeff.

I love all the pictures.

Thanks for coming along for the ride KK!

Leaving in a few hours....so excited after reading your review over these past few weeks.

You and Patty should start your own blog. I love the photos and the blurbs that go with it!

Thanks, and enjoy your cruise!!

As usualy - another great review. So glad I found you. Tell Patti I and next time take Jim and me with you!

Donna - dsw

Thanks Donna, for coming along for the ride!! You and Jim are welcome to come along any time!

You DID remember you have to leave room in your suitcase for me, right? :p:confused: I am DREAMING of a Breeze cruise, but don't think it's going to happen in a very very long time, so I'm looking forward to reading your review. ENJOY your short countdown and the anticipation!!! ;)

Hey Karry!! Who knows, maybe the NEXT time we are on the Breeze, you guys will be with us!

Great review sir!

Looking forward to your Breeze review. We sailed on the Breeze back in April, only our second cruise ever and first with the kids. Going to relive it thru your camera lens!

Thanks for reading!! We can't wait to board the Breeze!!

Thanks Donna, for coming along for the ride!! You and Jim are welcome to come along any time!

Hey Karry!! Who knows, maybe the NEXT time we are on the Breeze, you guys will be with us!

Fingers crossed! Bucket list is cruising with you and Patti. Would be fun to have Donna and Jim with us too. And Denise and Bill!!! :D

I was so excited to read your review as this is the 1st time a cruise I was on was ever reviewed on CC ( I am not a big poster on here ) and I loved reliving the great memories. I think I might have even played blackjack at the same table with you 1 night, sorry didn't realize I was playing next to someone famous- LOL. I actually read your last Splendor review as I was on the Splendor last October the sailing before yours. And I am pretty sure I was on the last tender back from Half Moon because of one of your reviews! So Thank you!

I too enjoyed the World cup game. I actually went to the sports bar for the semi final game and there was about 15 people watching it. We watched pretty much the whole 1st half and then lost the signal (???) So for the final I showed up around 5 minutes before thinking it will not be crowded and was I wrong. I had to stand for the whole game but it was worth it.

Thanks again for the review, it was awesome.

I was so excited to read your review as this is the 1st time a cruise I was on was ever reviewed on CC ( I am not a big poster on here ) and I loved reliving the great memories. I think I might have even played blackjack at the same table with you 1 night, sorry didn't realize I was playing next to someone famous- LOL. I actually read your last Splendor review as I was on the Splendor last October the sailing before yours. And I am pretty sure I was on the last tender back from Half Moon because of one of your reviews! So Thank you!

I too enjoyed the World cup game. I actually went to the sports bar for the semi final game and there was about 15 people watching it. We watched pretty much the whole 1st half and then lost the signal (???) So for the final I showed up around 5 minutes before thinking it will not be crowded and was I wrong. I had to stand for the whole game but it was worth it.

Thanks again for the review, it was awesome.

Thanks for following along, and actually living it with us! By any chance, did you see yourself in any of the pictures? The World Cup Final was a great time wasn't it?

Next time we cruise together, make sure you come up and say Hi!! :)

What a wonderful review! I loved the pictures and writing-style. You and your wife make a great team! You seem like such lovely people too.

I just have one question - how did you email the maître d' prior to your cruise? Where do you find that info? I keep seeing the suggestion to go talk to the maître d' in person on the first day of the cruise, but I remember how crazy and hectic embarkation day can be!

What a wonderful review! I loved the pictures and writing-style. You and your wife make a great team! You seem like such lovely people too.

I just have one question - how did you email the maître d' prior to your cruise? Where do you find that info? I keep seeing the suggestion to go talk to the maître d' in person on the first day of the cruise, but I remember how crazy and hectic embarkation day can be!

Thanks for reading, and your kind words!!

I see that your next cruise is on the Sunshine. We are also cruising on the Sunshine next year.

About 2 or 3 weeks before your cruise, email the maître d" at shmaitred@carnival.com Include your sailing date, booking number(s), early or late seating, and your table request. Please and thank you also go a long way. You may or may not get a response, but it is very likely that you will get your request. Hope that helps.

Edited by Jamman54

Enjoyed reading your review for Splendor. Seeing the pictures you & your wife took around Splendor brought back many good memories of my Splendor cruise. Looking forward to your review on Breeze. My sister & I will be cruising on the Breeze from Galveston in 2016. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Enjoyed reading your review for Splendor. Seeing the pictures you & your wife took around Splendor brought back many good memories of my Splendor cruise. Looking forward to your review on Breeze. My sister & I will be cruising on the Breeze from Galveston in 2016. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Thank you so much for reading!!

Jeff, thanks for another wonderful trip review; you know we all love coming along for the ride.

How nice that you finished just in time to get packed for your next adventure!

And that means we don't have to wait too long until we start hearing about it. :D

Thanks for reading, and your kind words!!

I see that your next cruise is on the Sunshine. We are also cruising on the Sunshine next year.

About 2 or 3 weeks before your cruise, email the maître d" at shmaitred@carnival.com Include your sailing date, booking number(s), early or late seating, and your table request. Please and thank you also go a long way. You may or may not get a response, but it is very likely that you will get your request. Hope that helps.

Thank you so much!

Yes I saw that you are cruising on the Sunshine next year too. I was hoping you would beat us to it so I could read your review ahead of time!

Jeff, thanks for another wonderful trip review; you know we all love coming along for the ride.

How nice that you finished just in time to get packed for your next adventure!

And that means we don't have to wait too long until we start hearing about it. :D

Thanks for following along!! Yep, it won't be long before the Breeze review goes up..... :)

Thank you for your review. I enjoyed the details, and all of the pictures - especially the pics of the fitness center, even if you never used it:). It is also nice to hear from an experienced cruiser that the ship is nice.

The timing of this review is very apropos, since we will be sailing her in exactly two weeks, although we shall be heading northward.

Thank you for your review. I enjoyed the details, and all of the pictures - especially the pics of the fitness center, even if you never used it:). It is also nice to hear from an experienced cruiser that the ship is nice.

The timing of this review is very apropos, since we will be sailing her in exactly two weeks, although we shall be heading northward.

Glad you enjoyed the review and found it helpful!:)

We have done the Halifax / Saint John run quite a few times over the years on the Triumph, Destiny, and Glory. We need to do it again, as we enjoyed them very much!