Another Splendid Splendor cruise (with pics) 6/29/15

Jamman54

It's the British Colonial Hilton. We did the day pass back in January and had a great day there! I would totally repeat it!

We LOVE the British Colonial Hilton. Have done their day pass two times and would definitely not hesitate to do it again. Really good food and drinks as well. Thanks for the pics to remind me of our great times there.

Thanks again for following along! We enjoyed our time at the BCH, and would do it again for sure. The food was great, and the drinks were strong! :D

All the times we have been to Nassau and ***thought*** about going to BCH and didn't....I guess we will have to go again and book it. :p Looks like a fabulous day. BTW, last time we were on Splendor I too tripped...I was stone cold sober, coming down the "gangway" and one side was a ramp and RIGHT before I got there, they changed the other side to stairs. Hard to explain, but I was looking sideways and not down and thought it would be a ramp and tripped on the lst step and went tumbling...landed on the pavement and lucky I did not break my wrists trying to catch my fall. TORE up my knee. Malcolm was there and INSISTED I go to infirmiry. It was very ugly lol. :(:( Glad your fall was not serious and I am sure a good strong Mudslide will remedy it! LOVING your review. Patti looks so relaxed and happy! :)

Hey Karry! The next time you're in Nassau, do check out the BCH. It's close by and well worth the cost. :)

I remember you telling me about your fall. I guess we were both lucky we were not seriously hurt. Patti thinks we are jinxed in Nassau, what with Ryan's accident last year. :eek:

Finally Caught Up! I thought you would be done but I'm so glad you're not! These reviews are awesome and have inspired me to do one on my upcoming cruise on the Breeze. They seem like a great way to relive the moments you experienced and as an added bonus, you can get to read them again to get out of the "not on a cruise blues!" Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write these!

Finally Caught Up! I thought you would be done but I'm so glad you're not! These reviews are awesome and have inspired me to do one on my upcoming cruise on the Breeze. They seem like a great way to relive the moments you experienced and as an added bonus, you can get to read them again to get out of the "not on a cruise blues!" Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write these!

Thanks for following along!! I really enjoy doing the reviews, but I also enjoy reading others reviews. I'll be looking forward to reading yours! :)

Thanks for the review! Have to admit... Her decor is a tad over the top. The chandeliers in the MDR! Great review though.

Thanks for reading! The Splendor's décor is unique to say the least! :)

Time to wrap up our day in Nassau!

Patti has made it back to the ship. Here is the Carnival Splendor’s gangway…..

CS1252.JPG

When Patti got back to our cabin, I told her about my little incident. Patti thought that Nassau is a bit “unlucky” for us, considering my fall, and Ryan’s accident last year (see my Fascination review for details). She said she almost stumbled and fell while taking pictures on the way back to the ship. I guess doing photo reviews is a dangerous job!! Lol.

Patti stepped out on the balcony and took some of the same shots that I took during our arrival this morning. Due to the afternoon light, they came out much better than mine, plus the fact that she is a better photographer than me!!

CS1254.JPG

CS1253.JPG

CS1255.JPG

CS1257.JPG

CS1258.JPG

To be continued…..

A Booze Cruise and a Catamaran pass by…..

CS1260.JPG

CS1265.JPG

For the sail away from Nassau, we were invited to our friends Barb & Mike’s aft wrap cabin on deck 6 (6485). We are sailing out of Nassau…..

CS1269.JPG

CS1267.JPG

CS1273.JPG

CS1274.JPG

To be continued…..

That’s me, Patti, and Mike…..

CS1276.JPG

The Carnival Splendor is the first ship to leave today…..

CS1278.JPG

A view of the British Colonial Hilton…..

CS1279.JPG

That’s where we ate lunch today!!

CS1280.JPG

Patti and I…..

CS1285.JPG

Patti, Barb, and me…..

CS1286.JPG

To be continued….

Here are a couple of views of the lighthouse as we depart Nassau…..

CS1288.JPG

CS1290.JPG

We are sailing out of the harbor…..

CS1296.JPG

Goodbye Nassau…..until next time!!

CS1299.JPG

Patti captured the entire Atlantis complex in one shot……..

CS1306.JPG

At this point the cameras were put away for almost the rest of the day.

We hung out with Barb and Mike enjoying drinks for about an hour, and then we made our way back to our cabin. We didn’t feel like changing for dinner, so at about 7:30 we went up to the Lido Deck to eat.

Afterwards, Patti went to Pixels to check out our photos, and then went to check emails before heading back to the cabin. I went to play blackjack for a couple of hours, before calling it a night. I even won a little bit tonight. We had a great day today in Nassau (for the most part!!). Here is tonight’s towel animal…..

CS1307.JPG

Coming up next: Our 3rd sea day. We’re sailing north to New York, and Gooooooooooallllllll X 5!!!

What type of food do they have for lunch? Can you get any kind of mixed drinks like frozen daiquiris & pina coladas? And if so about how much would they cost (trying to figure out how much we could drink & eat for the $40 credit) TIA

Thanks for taking the time to write this great review. You both take great pictures.

We are taking the Splendor for her last trip North in October.

Thanks for reading!! Enjoy your cruise on the Splendor!

What type of food do they have for lunch? Can you get any kind of mixed drinks like frozen daiquiris & pina coladas? And if so about how much would they cost (trying to figure out how much we could drink & eat for the $40 credit) TIA

You order off of the regular menu. Salads, chicken, seafood, burgers, etc. These run around $14 - $17, and include cole slaw, fries, etc.

Order any drink from the bar. $6 -$10.

So roughly, your meal, two drinks, tax & tip, will eat up your $40 credit.

Quick question....does the roof over the lido deck open? I've been looking and have decided before they move her out of Miami I had better book a trip on it.

The roof over the mid ship pool area does open.

This is the cabana I usually get when we come here. Sniff……

CS0532.jpg

Thanks you for the great review so far. I went and looked back at some of your other reviews where you did get the cabana at Grand Turk and we decided to book a cabana for when we are there based on your previous reviews with them. Thanks for the info, we are definitely looking forward to enjoying the cabana and looking forward to the rest of your review!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by NoDayButToday

Thanks you for the great review so far. I went and looked back at some of your other reviews where you did get the cabana at Grand Turk and we decided to book a cabana for when we are there based on your previous reviews with them. Thanks for the info, we are definitely looking forward to enjoying the cabana and looking forward to the rest of your review!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for following along! We have our cabana booked for our Breeze cruise in a couple of weeks. Be sure to ask for Ricardo or Winsome for your cabana attendant, and tell them I sent you! :)