Another Splendid Splendor cruise (with pics) 6/29/15

Jamman54

Do you ever send your ship photos over to Bart at ship parade dot com?

That is a great site with shots of cruise ships. You have a great eye for photo taking.

We'll have to check it out. Thanks for reading and the info!

Jamman54 quick question for you, have you been to Roatan and Belize and if so which reviews of yours would I find them in? :p Loving your review, cant wait for our turn on the Splendor!!

Thanks again for reading! We haven't done a Western Caribbean cruise in quite some time, and not since we started doing our photo reviews. Need to book one ASAP!! :)

We'll have to check it out. Thanks for reading and the info!

Over the years I have had about 30 or so cruise ship photos posted there.

It is a great place to check out the various cruise ships around the world.

The Enchantment of the Seas spins around……

CS1174.JPG

This was the view of the port from our table during lunch…..

CS1175.JPG

The Enchantment of the Seas is backing into her berth…..

CS1184.JPG

And finally, all five ships are in port…..

CS1188.JPG

Our lunch has arrived. The portions are huge. Patti had the turkey club sandwich…..

CS1189.JPG

I had the jerked chicken wrap. Both of our meals were delicious!

CS1190.JPG

To be continued…..

This is a Bahama Mama. They were $9 each, but they had a special of buy 2, get 1 free. These drinks were very strong. We wound up buying 4, And getting 2 free. I drank 4 of them, and Patti had 2.

CS1169.JPG

Here I am enjoying one of my Bahama Mamas….

CS1191.JPG

The math for our lunch and drinks went like this. $16 for the turkey club, $17 for the jerked chicken wrap, $36 for the 4 Bahama Mamas, came out to $69. Add to that the tax and tip, the final total was $84, so I had to charge $4 to my card. Remember, we had a total of $80 in food and beverage vouchers.

After lunch, Patti went to lay out in the sun, while I grabbed the water camera and made my way into the water again…..

CS1202.jpg

CS1201.jpg

CS1203.jpg

There were a few fish swimming below me.....

CS1146.jpg

To be continued…..

Just a quick question... It doesn't look like the hotel area ever got REALLY busy. Did you find that to be true for the duration of your visit?

GT

It was not crowded the whole time we were there.

It was now a little after 1pm. Patti was going to take a walk downtown, do a little shopping, then head back to the ship. I was going to hang out a little longer, finish my last Bahama Mama, then head over to Senor Frog’s for a drink before heading back myself.

As Patti leaves, of course she starts taking pictures. Here’s the smoking section, outside, at the British Colonial Hilton…..

CS1215.JPG

Patti leaves the British Colonial Hilton…..

CS1217.JPG

That looks refreshing!!

CS1219.JPG

Conch N’ Kalik Bar and Grill…..

CS1220.JPG

Senor Frog’s is hopping now!!

CS1222.JPG

Ferry boat information…..

CS1226.JPG

To be continued…..

A few pictures outside of Sharkeez. We keep meaning to check this place out, but didn’t this time either…..

CS1227.JPG

CS1228.JPG

CS1229.JPG

CS1230.JPG

This looks like my kind of place…..

CS1231.JPG

Well, I made it to Senor Frog’s, and as expected, with five ships in port, the place was packed! I bellied up to the bar and got my large green signature Senor Frog drink. I finished my drink in about ten minutes and then left. A few seconds after I snapped the following picture, I slipped and fell…hard.

CS1232.jpg

Several people came over to help me, and after I took a minute to take stock and make sure nothing was broken, got me up. I swear that the four Bahama Mamas and the Senor Frog had nothing to do with it! Lol. I was fine, and luckily I only had a few scrapes and bruises. I thanked those that helped me, and embarrassed, and a little sore, I made my way back to the ship. Once back in our cabin, I raided the mini fridge and made myself a double rum and coke to calm my nerves, then laid down on the bed to wait for Patti.

To be continued…..

Meanwhile, Patti was making her way back to the ship. Government buildings…..

CS1233.JPG

Patti is back at the port…..

CS1234.JPG

The Carnival Ecstasy has front row parking!!

CS1235.JPG

Here are a couple of Atlantis views taken from the pier…..

CS1236.JPG

CS1237.JPG

CS1238.JPG

To be continued…..

The Enchantment of the Seas docked in Nassau…..

CS1240.JPG

NCL Sky and Enchantment of the Seas…..

CS1245.JPG

Carnival Fantasy and Carnival Splendor…..

CS1242.JPG

They are having a safety drill on my yacht…..

CS1244.JPG

The Fantasy, Enchantment, & Sky…..

CS1251.JPG

The Carnival Splendor docked in Nassau…..

CS1250.JPG

To be continued…..

Wow, Jeff I am glad you didn't "really" hurt yourself. I hate that when you really aren't that buzzed and you fall and everyone looks at you like you are Otis the town drunk.

I fell getting out of my pool three weeks ago and took about a pound of flesh off my knee. I swear I hadn't even finished my first drink. Of course the family looks at me with "that look". Oh well they don't have to come over if it bothers them.

BTW that Conch and Kalik is actually pretty good if you haven't been in there. The conch chowder was excellent.

Once again I am glad you are in one piece.

Up there, on the roof of the hotel, is the Nassau Port Cam…..

CS1137.jpg

This is where we chose to set up for the day…..

CS1138.JPG

CS1139.JPG

The view from our spot…..

CS1141.jpg

CS1140.jpg

Patti is back in the pool…..

CS1142.JPG

To be continued…..

I didn't quite catch the name of the hotel. It looks really great and close to the ships. Did you get a day pass?

All the times we have been to Nassau and ***thought*** about going to BCH and didn't....I guess we will have to go again and book it. :p Looks like a fabulous day. BTW, last time we were on Splendor I too tripped...I was stone cold sober, coming down the "gangway" and one side was a ramp and RIGHT before I got there, they changed the other side to stairs. Hard to explain, but I was looking sideways and not down and thought it would be a ramp and tripped on the lst step and went tumbling...landed on the pavement and lucky I did not break my wrists trying to catch my fall. TORE up my knee. Malcolm was there and INSISTED I go to infirmiry. It was very ugly lol. :(:( Glad your fall was not serious and I am sure a good strong Mudslide will remedy it! LOVING your review. Patti looks so relaxed and happy! :):)

We LOVE the British Colonial Hilton. Have done their day pass two times and would definitely not hesitate to do it again. Really good food and drinks as well. Thanks for the pics to remind me of our great times there.

It's the British Colonial Hilton. We did the day pass back in January and had a great day there! I would totally repeat it!

Do you know how much they charge for a pass. Thanks for this info. Mary49

Wow, Jeff I am glad you didn't "really" hurt yourself. I hate that when you really aren't that buzzed and you fall and everyone looks at you like you are Otis the town drunk.

I fell getting out of my pool three weeks ago and took about a pound of flesh off my knee. I swear I hadn't even finished my first drink. Of course the family looks at me with "that look". Oh well they don't have to come over if it bothers them.

BTW that Conch and Kalik is actually pretty good if you haven't been in there. The conch chowder was excellent.

Once again I am glad you are in one piece.

Ouch! Glad you were ok!

Thanks!! Nothing hurt but my pride, though I was sore for a few days! :D

Edited by Jamman54