Another Splendid Splendor cruise (with pics) 6/29/15

Jamman54

I’m just floating around enjoying the water….

CS0890.JPG

Patti will now take you on a quick tour of our cabana. This is our shower…..

CS0891.JPG

These are our floats. We take them off the railing so that people aren’t tempted to “borrow” them…..

CS0892.JPG

This is the misting fan. Our snorkel gear can be seen on the floor…..

CS0893.JPG

You can see that we have two comfy loungers, and in the background you can see four chairs around the table…..

CS0894.JPG

This AC unit keeps us nice and cool…..

CS0899.JPG

To be continued…..

This is a nice personal touch…..

CS0901.JPG

Here are a couple of views from our cabana…..

CS0896.JPG

CS0898.JPG

Patti and I love to share our cabana with friends. At the informal roll call meeting, we invited the roll call members to drop by and hang out for a while. Looks like a roll call meeting is starting to form out in the water…..

CS0902.JPG

Looks like our snacks have arrived…..

CS0903.JPG

The veggie platter…..

CS0904.JPG

To be continued…..

Sliced fruit…..

CS0906.JPG

Oranges, salsa, and guacamole…..

CS0905.JPG

Chips and dips…..

CS0907.JPG

Most importantly, a couple buckets of beer…..

CS0911.JPG

Patti loves those mango swirls!!

CS0910.JPG

Patti grabbed the water camera and waded in. Here I am with the Splendor in the background…..

CS0912.jpg

To be continued…..

The Carnival Splendor anchored off of HMC…..

CS0913.jpg

Looking over towards Captain Morgan’s…..

CS0914.jpg

CS0917.jpg

Looking towards our cabana…..

CS0915.jpg

A look at Villa “D”…..

CS0916.jpg

Mike and Jeff…..

CS0918.jpg

To be continued…..

This is a great shot of Barb with the Splendor in the background…..

CS0922.jpg

Patti has the Splendor between her feet…..

CS0923.jpg

It just doesn’t get any better than this!!

CS0924.jpg

The roll call meeting is in session…..

CS0926.jpg

CS0928.jpg

Patti and the Carnival Splendor…..

CS0931.jpg

To be continued……

A few more of our roll call friends have stopped by…..

CS0932.jpg

One of our fine feathered friends also dropped by…..

CS0934.JPG

CS0935.JPG

We had a great day at Half Moon Cay. The day went pretty much like this. Float around in the water while drinking a couple of beers, out for a bathroom break, into the cabana for snacks, grab a few beers and repeat, repeat, repeat. We didn’t even bother going to the Island BBQ for lunch. Sadly, all good things must come to an end, so about 20 minutes before the last tender left, we made our way to the Rumrunner Bar to wait…..

CS0940.JPG

CS0939.JPG

CS0938.JPG

To be continued…..

I guess we have to go…..

CS0936.JPG

We are on the last tender. The Carnival Splendor is out there waiting for us…..

CS0941.JPG

We are approaching the Carnival Splendor…..

CS0943.JPG

The tender that left before us is debarking at the forward door. We debarked at the midship door…..

CS0946.JPG

Once back on our balcony, Patti got these last shots of HMC as we sailed away…..

CS0948.JPG

CS0950.JPG

To be continued…..

We’ll be back again next year…..

CS0954.JPG

We were so exhausted that we both took a power nap before dinner.

Tonight, for my starters, I had two shrimp cocktails and the fire roasted chicken…..

CS0956.JPG

For my main, I had the blackened tilapia…..

CS0957.JPG

Patti started off with the shrimp cocktail, a Caesar salad, then for her main, the vegetable lasagna…..

CS0958.JPG

For dessert, Patti had butter pecan ice cream, while I tried the chocolate cake…..

CS0959.JPG

Afterwards, Patti was still feeling tired, so after checking emails, she went back to the cabin. I went and played blackjack for a while, and once again won a little bit. I think I was back in the cabin by 11. Here is tonight’s towel animal…..

CS0960.JPG

Coming up next: Our umpteenth visit to Nassau. Let’s do something different today!!

Great review Jeff! Going to be in HMC for the fifth time, but this will be the first with the cabana. Noticed that there wasn't any mention of a cooler stocked with ice, water and soft drinks. Did you forgo that option when you gave your cabana specifications onboard?

Look at the 4th photo in post #209:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47156930&postcount=209

CS0527.jpg

The sign on the door is mentioning an All Inclusive "Party Pass" for $50.

Maybe with the original higher resolution photo you could zoom in to see the details. :)

I just happened to see this when looking at the pictures and know nothing about it myself.

I did find this information on the Facebook page for the Margaritaville in Grand Turk and this is what appears in the picture above and below the $50.

1475882_10153275364294679_3029444090540472924_n.jpg?oh=9ff564dca2060130028e5050b026ea20&oe=564AA95F

HMC.....Like you said "It doesn't get any better than this"

This is one of those things where Carnival hit it out of the park.

I mean I love it. It looks like you really did it right with the cabana and having new found friends come by an enjoy it with you.

Jeff, when reading your reviews the reader just feels like they are right there with you. We really appreciate the effort you and Patti put into these.

Thanks for the review Jeff and to Patti for showing off paradise. We love love LOVE HMC to us it is the most gorgeous beach we have ever seen. If HMC is NOT on an Eastern Caribbean port of call we don't book it. Did I mention we LOVE HMC? lol:D

Look at the 4th photo in post #209:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47156930&postcount=209

CS0527.jpg

The sign on the door is mentioning an All Inclusive "Party Pass" for $50.

Maybe with the original higher resolution photo you could zoom in to see the details. :)

I just happened to see this when looking at the pictures and know nothing about it myself.

GREAT EYE!!!!

This was from the MV facebook page,

"Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Grand Turk It is $50/pp and also includes an entree"..................

Not too bad IMHO..........

11099283_10153272934689679_3791015558403622601_n.jpg?oh=05c25c06c31906d57c3cc8b774a9ad6a&oe=5651158D

Thanks for the review Jeff and to Patti for showing off paradise. We love love LOVE HMC to us it is the most gorgeous beach we have ever seen. If HMC is NOT on an Eastern Caribbean port of call we don't book it. Did I mention we LOVE HMC? lol:D

Okay, so tell me why you don't care for HMC :D

We, too, love it.

Thank you so much for such a great review :D:D. I also live in Jersey and we will be sailing on the splendor in 2 weeks! This will be our first time out of NY and I am really looking forward to it. I have a question in your pictures I saw the pizza place in called pizza pirate and I know that is what it is called on the Breeze also. Does that mean the pizza is the upgraded kind like the breeze? I never liked the pizza on the other boats but I really like the one on the breeze l:D:D. Thank you again for the great review and your help about the pizza

As always another great review.

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it!

Great review Jeff! Going to be in HMC for the fifth time, but this will be the first with the cabana. Noticed that there wasn't any mention of a cooler stocked with ice, water and soft drinks. Did you forgo that option when you gave your cabana specifications onboard?

Thanks for reading! We got our cooler with 8 sodas an 4 large bottles of water and ice. I have a picture which didn't make the final cut, so I forgot to mention it, but since you asked :) .....

CS0921.jpg

Edited by Jamman54

HMC.....Like you said "It doesn't get any better than this"

This is one of those things where Carnival hit it out of the park.

I mean I love it. It looks like you really did it right with the cabana and having new found friends come by an enjoy it with you.

Jeff, when reading your reviews the reader just feels like they are right there with you. We really appreciate the effort you and Patti put into these.

Thank you again for following along!! Having everyone feel like they are along for the ride, is exactly what I try to do. Especially for those that can't cruise as often, they can cruise vicariously through us.:)

Thanks for reading! HMC is hands down, our favorite port of call!!

Thank you so much for such a great review :D:D. I also live in Jersey and we will be sailing on the splendor in 2 weeks! This will be our first time out of NY and I am really looking forward to it. I have a question in your pictures I saw the pizza place in called pizza pirate and I know that is what it is called on the Breeze also. Does that mean the pizza is the upgraded kind like the breeze? I never liked the pizza on the other boats but I really like the one on the breeze l:D:D. Thank you again for the great review and your help about the pizza

Thanks for following along! You will have a great time on the Splendor. Believe it or not, we didn't even have one slice of pizza on this cruise! I've always felt that the pizza was about the same on all the ships. Let us know what you think when you get back.

Enjoying reading another one of your amazing reviews!

We did the Glory in April and were finally able to see Grand Turk & HMC.....beautiful islands that I could visit over and over and never get tired of. We have actually talked about flying in to Grand Turk and staying for a week. We found the greatest bar/restaurant right on the water when we went and spent most of the day there. If we could find a way to stay in HMC for an extended visit we would do that also.