HAL-Westerdam

Hello all, we're booked on a 7 day Western Caribbean New Year's Eve cruise - leaving Ft. Lauderdale, FL 12/26-1/2/16. Has anyone gone on a New Year's Eve cruise on this ship? If so, can you please let me know how it was? Also, we've never been to Grand Turks and would appreciate any and all ideas!!

Thank you :)

Welcome to CC and to HAL.

There is a nice beach at the port for swimming and water sports.

Grand Turk has a nice ship-sponsored excursion to swim with the stingrays on a nearby island. The stingrays swim between your legs and give you little kisses with their mouths. It is also a good chance to do some snorkeling.

Another option is to catch a tram ($25) just outside the port area for a tour of the island and some good photographic spots.

There is also a Margaritaville at the port:

img_0435.jpg

Edited by Crew News

Thanks, Essiesmom. Any suggestions for Puerto Rico? I'm looking for things to do and hopefully not very expensive. I've never booked excursions through the ship - way too much. Usually get a local taxi.

You can see Old Town San Juan for free. There is a free trolley that has a few different routes around the Old Town. There is no commentary but it is a great way to get an overview of the city and hop on and off where you want. There are three stops close to the cruise port.

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/free-trolley-old-san-juan/

Enjoy the Westerdam. I cruised on her this spring and liked her so much I am going again next April.

Edited by Scrapnana