Booking the Sanctuary on the Royal?

Flo71

I am on the British Isles cruise soon and there are only 2 sea days. I was thinking of booking either 2 full days or 2 half days (afternoons) in the Sanctuary. I am aiming to get to the port about 11.15-11.30am.

I read that on some ships you phone from cabin and on others you book in person. What is the procedure on the Royal?

Thanks in advance

I am on the British Isles cruise soon and there are only 2 sea days. I was thinking of booking either 2 full days or 2 half days (afternoons) in the Sanctuary.

I would visit them right after boarding. A British Isle cruise might not have the weather for outside lounging.

Edited by sknight

I am on the British Isles cruise soon and there are only 2 sea days. I was thinking of booking either 2 full days or 2 half days (afternoons) in the Sanctuary.

I would visit them right after boarding. A British Isle cruise might not have the weather for outside lounging.

I'm crossing fingers for the weather and will check the forecast for the week before finally deciding. Hopefully we will have a repeat of some of the very nice days we have had recently.

I booked the Sanctuary on the Royal's T/A last September and at that time, you could only book for the day very early in the morning. There were very long lines. I gather that's changed. Even if the weather is cooler, I enjoy being outside and in the Sanctuary. They'll position your lounger where it'll get the least amount of wind and bring you as many blankets as you want or need.

I read that on some ships you phone from cabin and on others you book in person. What is the procedure on the Royal?

If I remember correctly, in January it was using the telephone.

But that could have changed by now.

• 3 weeks later...

We have never booked the sanctuary. Is it worth the extra charge? Why is it better than your balcony or the many other places to sit on the ship? I know it's hard to find a lounge close to the pool, but usually lots of other places available.

Marge

There are several dozen threads on Sanctuary perks and pros and cons. The short version is nicer loungers, less crowds and extra service.

We have never booked the sanctuary. Is it worth the extra charge? Why is it better than your balcony or the many other places to sit on the ship? I know it's hard to find a lounge close to the pool, but usually lots of other places available.

Marge

When you board you can't book 1 or 2 days you must book the whole week.

When I was on the Ruby last Nov. In the Caribbean, I wanted to book the whole cruise. By the time I got there at noon, most chairs gone - to people booking single days!!

On the Diamond in 2012, I got up early in the morning to stand in line. All chairs booked - once again by people who booked sea days only for the whole cruise. I find it maddening that it seems the rules change dependent upon the ship and who is in charge.

I will be on the Royal in October. I am hoping to pick up a few sea days. Keeping my fingers crossed.