Got documents. Charged for CruiseCare???

LeslieRN72

I got my documents today for our Enchantment cruise. There was a $147 charge on there for CruiseCare. I had declined insurance when we initially booked our reservations through RCI by phone. None of the e-mail confirmations they sent have ever had a breakdown of the charges.

I bought my own travel insurance for 1/2 that price.

Anyhow, I called them and expected the worst. I figured I would be on hold forever and have to argue with them about it.

I got through quickly and I told her that we never ordered the insurance. She said no problem. They'll credit our account.

WOW!!! I am really impressed with their customer service. I have always gotten through to them quickly. I've called a minimum of 10 times since we booked a year ago for various questions and requests. They are always very helpful and polite. I can't say enough good about them. They could really teach our last cruise line quite a few things about customer service.

I am really looking forward to our cruise. If they run their ships like they run their customer service, then it will be terrific!

You must know something I don't Carol...I have been watching my bank statement for the last 2 days and the credit still hasn't shown up (we don't use credit cards). :mad:

So I called back and it hadn't been credited. She put it through and said it would take 48-72 hours for it to show up.

I still didn't have to wait too long to talk to a representative though. I was surprised because of hurricane Rita. She was very nice and apologetic.

I do have one major thing that I will do different next time. I won't use RCI's phone reservation system. I don't like how they don't ever send you an itemized confirmation. I think that is how they snuck the insurance in without us knowing about it. I wonder if they make a commission off of it?

Next time I will be doing it online where I can see everything right in front of me.

Oh well, stuff happens. People make mistakes. I'm still satisfied with my RCI experience so far. Trust me, comparatively these people are great! I know because I've dealt with the worst!

You must know something I don't Carol...I have been watching my bank statement for the last 2 days and the credit still hasn't shown up (we don't use credit cards). :mad:
Been there, done that. Just better to be safe than sorry. Thank goodness for 800- numbers - at least we're not paying for the phone calls when we have to make 15 of them to straighten something out! :)

Archived