White Bay ferry service

NYE on the harbour is fantastic.:D

That it is, but these days it's for the rich or the young.

The rich can afford restaurants and harbour cruises.

The young can cope with the crowds and spending hours staking out a good position.

I'm too old and my budget doesn't allow spending hundreds on dollar on one night - I'd rather spend that money on a cruise. Now I just watch it on TV. However if I win lotto I'm booking the Crystal cruise next December, that is in Sydney Harbour on NYE.

However if I win lotto I'm booking the Crystal cruise next December, that is in Sydney Harbour on NYE.

Yes - I'm so looking forward to that cruise - even if the price is rising with the demise of the Australian dollar against the US dollar.

It's more than I really want to pay but it's a bucket list item to spend a NYE on Sydney harbour on Crystal - bring it on :D

Actually it's December 2016 - so you've got a few more Lotto draws to try before the cruise

and we're even on topic as we will be berthed at White Bay!

Edited by Bodogbodog

Yes - I'm so looking forward to that cruise - even if the price is rising with the demise of the Australian dollar against the US dollar.

It's more than I really want to pay but it's a bucket list item to spend a NYE on Sydney harbour on Crystal - bring it on :D

Actually it's December 2016 - so you've got a few more Lotto draws to try before the cruise

Soooo envious!

Yes, December 2016. Keep your fingers crossed for me ;)

That it is, but these days it's for the rich or the young.

The rich can afford restaurants and harbour cruises.

Yep

The young can cope with the crowds and spending hours staking out a good position.

Yep

I'm too old and my budget doesn't allow spending hundreds on dollar on one night - I'd rather spend that money on a cruise. Now I just watch it on TV.

Yep

However if I win lotto I'm booking the Crystal cruise next December, that is in Sydney Harbour on NYE.

and Yep.

and we're even on topic as we will be berthed at White Bay!

I will settle for just being on a cruise for NYE.:D

Asked Captain Cook Cruises if ferry from Circular Quay to White Bay will be operational for Sun Princess cruise leaving 18 August and this was their reply:

Thank you for your enquiry. We are currently waiting on final approval from the Government and as soon as we have this information available, we will be posting full details on all forms of communication including our website, social media and third party distributers.

Wonder how long "Government approval" will take?

• 3 weeks later...
Any further news on this? We are sailing in two weeks and we are staying at Circular Quay preceeding it. Would make it easier to get to The White Elephant if this is going.

This site http://whitebaysydney.com/2013/12/08/how-to-get-to-white-bay-cruise-terminal/ says its operating but haven't heard of anyone using it, not bad to drive to from Newie but no parking.

A joke if you ask me

No mention of it on the Captain Cook ferry site though so I assume not started yet.

I believe there is a bit of a hold up with final approval for the service from the relevant authorities (and I suspect a bit of the usual tree hugger resistance from the locals ) but should hopefully be sorted out soon.

I believe there is a bit of a hold up with final approval for the service from the relevant authorities (and I suspect a bit of the usual tree hugger resistance from the locals ) but should hopefully be sorted out soon.

Typical. the Parrot might not want it.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to the Captain Cook Cruise rep and they are still in discussions with Sydney Ports (about fees/charges??).

Yesterday the Pacific Jewel was in White Bay and the Captain Cook boat was there at the end of White Bay (harbour bridge end) aside their new pontoon... empty.