Aug 24 4 night Enchantment cruise

Just got this from RCI>>>>

"While we sincerely regret to learn of any disappointment that has been caused by the responses you have previously received from us, we do trust that you will understand that Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to make business decisions that we deem most appropriate for our company as a whole. We do not take these types of decisions lightly and these determinations are made based on numerous variables. We understand that our judgments in these types of matters will not always be pleasing to every one of our guests.

Under our current price protection policy, no refunds or onboard credits are available after the final payment date. It is our feeling that we have provided a more than acceptable alternative in light of these developments, and our guests will still experience a fantastic cruise vacation despite this itinerary modification. Only under extreme and rare circumstances would a full refund be offered, and as such we will not be offering any compensation regarding this issue which affects all sailing guests. We apologize for any displeasure experienced with this matter.

Details regarding this itinerary modification were communicated to our consumers on July 14, 2015. While you have requested a specific date on when the itinerary was changed, this is not information that we are able to provide, as this will not in any way hinder the quality of the world-class cruise vacation we have to offer our valued guests. As mentioned in our previous message, we will be offering a wonderful program of additional details surrounding the exciting options available for your cruise vacation, found in the daily Cruise Compass onboard.

Additionally, please rest assured that our amazing shipboard staff will ensure that you have a wonderful cruise vacation aboard the Enchantment of the Seas. When faced with having to make adjustments to a sailing, we do our very best to ensure the onboard experience is of the highest quality. You can be certain that we will go above and beyond to make sure each of our valued guests enjoys a positive and unforgettable cruise vacation.

We hope these grievances have not caused you to lose any faith in our cruise line, as your previous sailings with us have been both positive and memorable.

thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We are confident that you will enjoy a wonderful cruise vacation aboard the Enchantment of the Seas next month.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Angermayer

Customer Service Representative"

"While we sincerely regret to learn of any disappointment that has been caused by the responses you have previously received from us, we do trust that you will understand that Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to make business decisions that we deem most appropriate for our company as a whole. We do not take these types of decisions lightly and these determinations are made based on numerous variables. We understand that our judgments in these types of matters will not always be pleasing to every one of our guests.

Under our current price protection policy, no refunds or onboard credits are available after the final payment date. It is our feeling that we have provided a more than acceptable alternative in light of these developments, and our guests will still experience a fantastic cruise vacation despite this itinerary modification. Only under extreme and rare circumstances would a full refund be offered, and as such we will not be offering any compensation regarding this issue which affects all sailing guests. We apologize for any displeasure experienced with this matter.

Details regarding this itinerary modification were communicated to our consumers on July 14, 2015. While you have requested a specific date on when the itinerary was changed, this is not information that we are able to provide, as this will not in any way hinder the quality of the world-class cruise vacation we have to offer our valued guests. As mentioned in our previous message, we will be offering a wonderful program of additional details surrounding the exciting options available for your cruise vacation, found in the daily Cruise Compass onboard.

Additionally, please rest assured that our amazing shipboard staff will ensure that you have a wonderful cruise vacation aboard the Enchantment of the Seas. When faced with having to make adjustments to a sailing, we do our very best to ensure the onboard experience is of the highest quality. You can be certain that we will go above and beyond to make sure each of our valued guests enjoys a positive and unforgettable cruise vacation.

We hope these grievances have not caused you to lose any faith in our cruise line, as your previous sailings with us have been both positive and memorable.

thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We are confident that you will enjoy a wonderful cruise vacation aboard the Enchantment of the Seas next month.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Angermayer

Apologies if I don't recall, but did you post the letter to them that got this response?

I feel bad for those who are scheduled for this cruise. It's easy for people to say "RCCL can do what they want", suck it up and get over it, or share stories saying they weren't disappointed when their cruise was changed to other ports.

I hope RCCL does come thru with some type of token for the folks this change affects. Cheer leaders put down your Pom Poms, if it was you you would be disappointed too.

Apologies if I don't recall, but did you post the letter to them that got this response?

Yes,

I sent, to Crown and Anchor, an email letting them know my unhappiness with the timing of their announcement after final payment and I asked them for a specific date as to when RCI knew about the change in the itinerary.

Yes,

I sent, to Crown and Anchor, an email letting them know my unhappiness with the timing of their announcement after final payment and I asked them for a specific date as to when RCI knew about the change in the itinerary.

Understood, just curious what kind of wording/language you used

Yes I noticed the price had increased, must be due to the amount of hits the cruise is getting. We got the low rate last year at $109 each and had a great time, we booked again in March of this year for September so have not followed the rate drops or increases.

Yes I noticed the price had increased, must be due to the amount of hits the cruise is getting. We got the low rate last year at $109 each and had a great time, we booked again in March of this year for September so have not followed the rate drops or increases.

$109 would be nice!!:)

I feel bad for those who are scheduled for this cruise. It's easy for people to say "RCCL can do what they want", suck it up and get over it, or share stories saying they weren't disappointed when their cruise was changed to other ports.

I hope RCCL does come thru with some type of token for the folks this change affects. Cheer leaders put down your Pom Poms, if it was you you would be disappointed too.

It's pretty evident they will not. We are on this cruise and although disappointed about the change we plan to make the best of it. It will be interesting to see what they plan to do to "differently" during the 50 hours the ship is in Nassau.

By the way CinciCruisers I see your booked on the same Navigator sailing we are in 2017. Hope to see you onboard!

Understood, just curious what kind of wording/language you used

This was my last e mail back to RCI. This is the one they responded to.

"I am sorry, but if RCI feels that bad then why don't they make an exception and allow people who made final payment, to cancel for a full refund due to this late change in the itinerary for RCI maintenance reasons?

When did RCI know about this scheduled maintenance in Nassau? (date please)

Much appreciated, Steve"

This was my last e mail back to RCI. This is the one they responded to.

"I am sorry, but if RCI feels that bad then why don't they make an exception and allow people who made final payment, to cancel for a full refund due to this late change in the itinerary for RCI maintenance reasons?

When did RCI know about this scheduled maintenance in Nassau? (date please)

Much appreciated, Steve"

Got it, thanks. I'm almost over my dissatisfaction with what happened with our Rhapsody cancellations. Probably making lemonade out of lemons if I can end up with a 3 leg voyage by combining original leg of Rhapsody with a Jewel Greek Isles along with TA

Funny that they say they notified their consumers. We are on this cruise and found out about the change here on CC. As of today, we have yet to receive a notice of the change from Royal, not that it matters anymore.

Same with us. Very strange.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Angermayer

Interesting that their response to when was the cruise changed internally is that they can't give it because the cruise will still be fun. Doesn't really make sense. Not sure why they didn't just say that it was decided and then announced right away, unless that is not true. If they intentionally sat on announcing after making a final determination on their end weeks earlier, that's different from an unforeseen change.

In the end, though, we would not cancel even if we could - our flights are booked, work schedules planned, and we are on the following 3-nighter. And a small OBC is just a small consolation, it won't change anything.

Just an FYI on stateroom availability.

As of 7/26 : approx. 4 weeks from sailing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

at least 206 inside/outside staterooms are still open

at least 36 balcony (non suite) staterooms are open

1 JS open

2 FS open

:rolleyes:

I have been monitoring it as well. They went up on the price of interiors by $25 then dropped it back to where it was 2 days later. It has gone up $10 since. OV has stayed flat but the dropped the balcony by $100pp, then raised it back up $50. As the JS's sold the price has climbed. The 2 FS has remained the same.

Not that history will repeat itself but last year this sailing did not start dropping in price to the $200 range until around 8/8. Then about a week later they dropped to the under $200 price.

But last year did not have two fun filled nights in Nassau. ;)

They will hold off dropping prices as long as possible. The problem is that they are not getting bookings on this cruise. They have over 200 cabins still available including over 30 balconies, 2 JS, and 3 RFS.

I am guessing it may show up on the GGG sale flyer this week or next week

Depends on how much time your willing to spend finding out. You can go into the RCI website and do so yourself by checking each stateroom category one by one. It takes quite a while if your wanting to know the whole ship availability.

I have done this on a specific category or two to get a feel for upgrade potential. We only book balcony or higher so it's not quite a lengthy process. My method of choice is to call a very good travel agent friend who provides me the info. :D