Blue Iguana Question

T2C

Do you make it yourself or is it like Johnny Rockets with servers?

I ask because my wife likes the soft taco's with just the meat and tomatoes. Lettuce and cheese affect her stomach

But they don't have taco chips. I bring a large bag of them along with ziploc sandwich bags on every cruise so I can enjoy them with my Blue Iguana food.

Interesting. Do they have chips in the buffet? Im not sure Ill bring the nacho chips, alcohol maybe lol

Thank you.

Interesting. Do they have chips in the buffet? Im not sure Ill bring the nacho chips, alcohol maybe lol

Thank you.

No, they don't have taco chips on the buffet either. I don't know why they don't offer them.

I have to eat gluten free so bringing a bag of taco chips is worth it to me. I have shrimp, grilled veggies, and guacamole from the Blue Iguana along with my chips every day for lunch every day. We like to cruise for 14 nights (B2B), so I bring a large bag for each week and pace myself.

Edited by D4

Pretty sure it comes down to food costs. It's set up for people to add ingredients to the food they get at the Cantina.

If they had chips people would load up bowls and there would be lots of waste.

So the easy workaround for those that want chips is to bring them in the canisters to avoid breakage on the way to the ship.

With the soft tacos, you'll just be given the soft taco shell plus the meat. Everything else is added by you at the toppings bar.

For the burritos, they add the stuff you ask for right there and roll up the burrito. In order to add stuff at the toppings bar, you need to open the burrito back up.

Interesting...I've never heard of taco chips before. I assume you are referring to corn tortilla chips, right?

I believe you are correct. If someone here in AZ said "taco chips" they would get a puzzled look and be asked the same question you asked. ;)

We are sailors and chips have about a one day life and then they are stale. We have to keep chips in Tupperware for anything more then a day. This is probably why they use soft taco shells

But....

On ships with the grill there are tortilla chips. I've seen tortilla chips on the Paradise, Elation, Inspiration, Imagination, Splendor, Spirit and Miracle.

I too wish that the ships with the 2.0 would add tortilla chips to their options but according to John Heald this will not be happening. He addressed this question on his social-networking page a few weeks ago. He explained that the salsa-bar is intended to be used as a condiment in the same respect that the toppings area for Guy's Burgers is utilized. He went on to mention that the ships that do not have the new 2.0 continue to serve the tortilla chips in the grill area because they offer the cheese sauce and chili topping options which are both cost effective and less labor intensive.

For the die-hard tortilla chip lovers.... here is a great idea for packing them and not having them crushed to crumbs upon arrival: https://www.pringles.com/us/products/tortillas/truly-original.html

I have tried them and they are really quite good. They are sold in the same section as the Pringles chips and will only set you back about 1.79 per can.