Chefs table

Has anyone tried chefs table on radiance specifically ideally or another radiance class ship? What's the atmosphere like room wise? If anyone as eaten on radiance lately was was served? Thanks.

We did it on the Radiance and it was great. We had a wonderful group of 14 people with great food and wine. It started at 6.30pm and didn't end until after 11pm. Most of us may have started out as strangers but by end of the night we were all friends.It was just so much fun:D

We did it on the Radiance and it was great. We had a wonderful group of 14 people with great food and wine. It started at 6.30pm and didn't end until after 11pm. Most of us may have started out as strangers but by end of the night we were all friends.It was just so much fun:D

Wow. Was the dinner that long because of the food or because of everyone being social?

Wow. Was the dinner that long because of the food or because of everyone being social?

Great food and everyone was being very social. They tell you to allow 2 hours to 3 hours for dinner. The Chef comes out and talks about the next course and we side tracked him a lot. We talked a lot between courses and none of us were in a hurry as we were having so much fun. So the Chef didn't rush us through the 5 courses.

It was a wonderful night

Edited by Jasp 0401

What was served if you don't mind me asking. Or at least what you can remember.

I still have the menu

Moet Chandon Champagne from France when you arrive to refresh your pallet.

*Confit of Atlantic salmon and poached lobster tail

with a Pea puree and baby lettuce salad

wine was New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc

*Soup Duo

Mushroom cream soup,Double Duck Consomme

Toasted Duck confit Brioche sandwich

wine Pinot Noir

*Seared Diver Scallops

on a brown butter hollandaise

wine Pinot Grigio

*Slow roasted Veal tenderlion with fondant potatoes and baby vegetables.

wine Cabernet Sauvignon

*Caramelized Pear over Nougat Montelimar Parfait

wine Errazuriz Sauvignon Blanc

Coffee

The Chef does cater for Allergies as we had a few seafood Allergies and He made them something different but I can't remember what it was.

Edited by Jasp 0401

I still have the menu

*Soup Duo

wine Pinot Noir

*Seared Diver Scallops

wine Pinot Grigio

wine Cabernet Sauvignon

Coffee

The Chef does cater for Allergies as we had a few seafood Allergies and He made them something different but I can't remember what it was.

Wow! Exact same menu as we experienced last October or November on the Radiance!

Does that mean it was the same Chef or is the same menu provided each night for a certain period of time?

I was hoping to experience a different menu next time we're on Radiance.

Wow! Exact same menu as we experienced last October or November on the Radiance!

Does that mean it was the same Chef or is the same menu provided each night for a certain period of time?

I was hoping to experience a different menu next time we're on Radiance.

We had chef Daniel from England.

Has anyone been to "Chef's Table" on Oasis recently? Looking to understand the per person cost/surcharge for the dinner "event".

Thanks!

Only done it on the Radiance but your paying for a 5 course dinner and wine matching with each course.There will only be around 14 guest and the chef will tell you how he cooked each course.You will also learn about each wine and why it was paired with each course.You may ask as many question as you want about the wine or the food.You also get a cook book and an apron and you get to come back and get a tour of the kitchens.

Edited by Jasp 0401

Cost.....cost looking for the surcharge cost for the dinner. I know its expensive, worth it? Looking for someone who has had the dinner in the last few months aboard Oasis specificly. Is it even offered as a dining option for sale these days?

Cost.....cost looking for the surcharge cost for the dinner. I know its expensive, worth it? Looking for someone who has had the dinner in the last few months aboard Oasis specificly. Is it even offered as a dining option for sale these days?

$70 per person. If you don't want the wine pairings I believe it is $50 per person. IMO well worth it. Don't know about any "sale" as we typically book online before we cruise.

I still have the menu

*Soup Duo

wine Pinot Noir

*Seared Diver Scallops

wine Pinot Grigio

wine Cabernet Sauvignon

Coffee

Sounds wonderful. We are really excited to try it. I assume the chef is probably rotated out by now. So I'm curious as to what the current menu is.

Did Chefs Table twice on Radiance on two separate cruises two years apart.. On the second cruise our booking was moved twice because they couldn't get enough people to attend. When we did have the event we found the quality of the food and particularly the wine quality had dropped significantly. First time we received an autographed cook book and apron at the end of dinner. Not so the second time. Having said that the price originally $95 but has dropped to $70.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

We've done chef's table twice on Radiance in 2014 and once on Seranade in 2015. It was pretty much the same menu all three times, very similar to the menu listed above. Wines were different.:D

We thought it was very good and worth the money.

Sherri:)

We did Chef's Table on Brilliance last January.

It was a lovely experience. We had a smaller group; maybe 8-10 people. I honestly don't remember what we paid, but we were approached while dining in a specialty restaurant and offered a discount.

I have been told the Chef's Table menus are now set fleet wide. (Previously some ships were able to create their own)

Anyone have the current Chef's Table menu?

We did Chefs table on the Navigator last month and it was totally different from others we had attended. They don't have a designated space for it so they closed off part of the windjammer and set up a beautiful table there. I was surprised how private it was. The chef cooked in the kitchen beside us and he apparently created the menu himself. It was probably the best chefs table we had ever experienced.

We did Chefs table on the Navigator last month and it was totally different from others we had attended. They don't have a designated space for it so they closed off part of the windjammer and set up a beautiful table there. I was surprised how private it was. The chef cooked in the kitchen beside us and he apparently created the menu himself. It was probably the best chefs table we had ever experienced.

Thanks. We have experienced a simililar situation on other ships. However, I was told this morning that the "chef's customized menu" is no longer an option for the ships that now the menu is the same fleetwide.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know what the Chef's Table on Legend of the Seas is like? Is the wine pairing just a taster, or a proper glass? Someone mentioned receiving a cookbook & apron on one cruising, but not another, does anyone know if Legend offers this? Trying to work out whether it's worth $120AUD to book for the 5 course meal, or if we're better to have dinner at Chops (or stick to the MDR!)..

We just got off the Navigator and did the Chef's Table.

Would I do it again. YES!!

But you also have to like both red & white reds. Or at least try them.

The food was outstanding and the wine.

The way it is set up, the quality if the food, wine and service was amazing.