Evian water package question

If you have ordered the water package recently, what size Evian bottles did you get. We just got off Liberty 7/2 sailing on Saturday and had ordered a 24 bottle package. We received the smaller 500ml bottles but on Explorer last year we received the 1 liter bottles for approximately the same price. I did not think to question it while onboard because it was printed on the drink package letter left in our stateroom the first day for the 500ml bottles and thought the price was probably due to increase in pricing but now think I should have questioned it since I read on the RC site that they were the 1 liter. Sent an email to guest relations but what do you think the chance is they do anything?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have ordered the water package recently, what size Evian bottles did you get. We just got off Liberty 7/2 sailing on Saturday and had ordered a 24 bottle package. We received the smaller 500ml bottles but on Explorer last year we received the 1 liter bottles for approximately the same price. I did not think to question it while onboard because it was printed on the drink package letter left in our stateroom the first day for the 500ml bottles and thought the price was probably due to increase in pricing but now think I should have questioned it since I read on the RC site that they were the 1 liter. Sent an email to guest relations but what do you think the chance is they do anything?

We always got the 1L size.

If you look at the second page of this document, it says 1L:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

We always got the 1L size.

If you look at the second page of this document, it says 1L:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Thanks. That's what I thought when I ordered it but since the printout said 500ml I did not do anything. Now I wish I did. Keeping my fingers crossed that maybe RC does the right thing now.

I ordered the Water package twice on the Explorer. Once it was the 1 litre sized bottles. The second time it was the 500ml size BUT there was twice as many of them (I think I had ordered 8 1 litre bottles and got 16 500ml bottles).

First time cruiser here. I am on the fence on purchasing the water package. Someone wrote that there is enough water during meals, another said they bought water at port. Water would be my drink of choice, but I'm not sure if I need the additional package.

Thoughts? :confused:

First time cruiser here. I am on the fence on purchasing the water package. Someone wrote that there is enough water during meals, another said they bought water at port. Water would be my drink of choice, but I'm not sure if I need the additional package.

If you are OK with tap water, you can get a glass at any bar or restaurant for no charge.

Need and value are two subjective things. It is convenient. At some ports they won't let you bring water back on board. I've always gotten the 1liter bottles with this package, but Royal can adapt when shortages occur. On my first cruise I mentioned that I got the soda package and they poured from 2 liter bottles. Boy I got all kinds of nasty posts about they don't use 2 litre bottles. I guess that was a week long hallucination !

Hello all,

My husband and I have cruised Carnival and Princess. On both there were self-service stations with Tea, coffee and tap water. I always bring a plastic refillable bottle and refile water during meals (because I drink alot of water and always have some with me). We will be sailing on RCI in October for the first time. Does Royal Caribbean ships have that option?

I almost exclusively drink water and while water is readily available in cups, I do like having ready access to bottles. You can always carry a refillable bottle if you like having one. Or, you can also purchase bottles as you need them if you want to

I ordered the Water package twice on the Explorer. Once it was the 1 litre sized bottles. The second time it was the 500ml size BUT there was twice as many of them (I think I had ordered 8 1 litre bottles and got 16 500ml bottles).

I wish they offered a package with the smaller 500ml bottles. We always get a package and I have never gotten anything but the 1L size....I don't really like lugging around the large bottles...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can you bring water on the ship from a port of call? Not a lot of water but a few bottles or a one gallon jug.

I have never tried but have carried on small bottles of ginger ale. I know some people have brought on or checked with their bags entire cases of water. You are not supposed to be able to though.

On my first cruise I mentioned that I got the soda package and they poured from 2 liter bottles. Boy I got all kinds of nasty posts about they don't use 2 litre bottles. I guess that was a week long hallucination !

If that isnt typical Cruise Critic "style" then what is? :cool:

You gotta laugh out loud or simply :rolleyes: at those who try and tell you you didnt see something that you know good and well you did. Yep, Cruise Critic style for sure.

Can you bring water on the ship from a port of call? Not a lot of water but a few bottles or a one gallon jug.

Against the rules, but they usually allow it. They may examine it for alcohol content.

Hello all,

My husband and I have cruised Carnival and Princess. On both there were self-service stations with Tea, coffee and tap water. I always bring a plastic refillable bottle and refile water during meals (because I drink alot of water and always have some with me). We will be sailing on RCI in October for the first time. Does Royal Caribbean ships have that option?

On Liberty last week they had dispensers with ice water that you could fill up bottles your have or available cups for use too. I am pretty sure they will fill them as well at meals and the bars.

Against the rules, but they usually allow it. They may examine it for alcohol content.

I've been on Royals site today looking for answers but I couldn't find anything about bringing on pop or water just 2 bottles of wine. I'm not finding their site too helpful in a few areas.

I've been on Royals site today looking for answers but I couldn't find anything about bringing on pop or water just 2 bottles of wine. I'm not finding their site too helpful in a few areas.

Here is the section about beverages:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectName=Top+FAQ&

Thank you so much for posting this. I knew the rules from previous sailings but things change all the time. You saved me from having to look for it. :)