Military OBC not showing up in Cruise Personalizer

2BeOnaBoat

This is my first time applying for the Military Benefits OBC. I wish I had known about this a few cruises ago!

I applied for the military OBC and Princess' process worked well. I used the form that the Future Cruise Sales lady gave me but you can find it at (http://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program). There is info and a form there.

My question is should I expect to see the credit under my next booking or just under My Princess?

When I check in My Princess, under Circle Savings Account, I see a Future Cruise credit that has been applied to my next booking, the Military Benefits credit displays as active but not applied. When I go into Cruise Personalizer, under Payments and Credits, I see the Future Cruise credit but not the Military Benefits credit.

I sent my husband's information in and after a month of seeing nothing, I called about his military OBC. Turns out, I needed to send in a scan of his ID as well as the form (didn't read the fine print apparently). So, if you're like me and only sent in the form, you may have to re-do it and send in a scan of an ID as well.

This is my first time applying for the Military Benefits OBC. I wish I had known about this a few cruises ago!

I applied for the military OBC and Princess' process worked well. I used the form that the Future Cruise Sales lady gave me but you can find it at (http://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program). There is info and a form there.

My question is should I expect to see the credit under my next booking or just under My Princess?

When I check in My Princess, under Circle Savings Account, I see a Future Cruise credit that has been applied to my next booking, the Military Benefits credit displays as active but not applied. When I go into Cruise Personalizer, under Payments and Credits, I see the Future Cruise credit but not the Military Benefits credit.

I would recommend calling the Princess toll free number which the application form says is how to ask questions.

Mine has a general approved statement in my cruise credits section, in my Cruise Personalizer under Credits & Payments and also whenever I am signed in when checking pricing.

It only applies/shows when you have an active booking.

It does not show up if you do not have a booking.

They may not have received it or they may not have approved it.

They will not normally call you and tell you what's wrong or what is missing.

From your description it sounds as though they did not apply it. How long has it been?

Edited by Colo Cruiser

It only applies/shows when you have an active booking.

It does not show up if you do not have a booking.

They may not have received it or they may not have approved it.

They will not normally call you and tell you what's wrong or what is missing.

From your description it sounds as though they did not apply it. How long has it been?

It's only been 2 days and my next cruise is 100 days out - far from a panic situation. I was just curious how it worked for others as this is my first time with that credit and it seemed odd for it to appear in one place but not the other.

It's only been 2 days and my next cruise is 100 days out - far from a panic situation. I was just curious how it worked for others as this is my first time with that credit and it seemed odd for it to appear in one place but not the other.

I would give it a week or so. ;)

Then once in the system it will show on every booked cruise after that. ;)

I had to email it twice and since I booked the Costco they had it under there booking

When applied to the cruise booking it is visible to you in the personalizer under payments and credits.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

It is permanent and will show up on every cruise from now on. It is also a refundable credit. You can receive cash if not used.

I always spend mine on the ship. You mean pax sometimes get money back? :D

I applied back when they started this program and it has appeared in all my bookings since that time. When I book on the ship for a future cruise, it always shows up and the future cruise director mentions it. It is a fantastic program but i have found that Princess and their computer system often run out of sync with the computer system running behind.