Best balcony cabin on the Caribbean

Teach2cruise4fun

We have been on the CP and others of that class of ship and normally book Alpha deck just aft or forward of the midshipmen cabins. These are totally covered. As you go down in decks they become uncovered.

Also they are a little cheaper than the midshipmen section. Go online to Princess and look at the deck plans. We like Aloha also because it gives us at least one deck above separating us from the fun deck noise.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska

Edited by ChiefBoats

The Caribe deck has the larger balcony. However part of the balcony is not covered and those above you can look down on you. The balcony is the same width but twice the depth. So it comes down to would you prefer a completely covered balcony or one that is twice the depth but partially uncovered. The Caribe balcony has a table you can sit at and eat etc which is a bonus. When I have been out on my Caribe balcony there are few if any looking down at me except when we are in port particularly watching the pier runners. :p

Looking at booking a cruise on the Caribbean for December 2016. Any suggestions for best balcony room? Any rooms with bigger balconies like celebrity? Thanks!

On the CB the all the Caribe deck reg balcony cabins have the largest balconies and they are half covered. :)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

R746 has a huge totally covered balcony & is one of a kind. We loved it - you have a view looking up the whole of the port side of the ship. It is BE category (cheaper than Caribe) & the only cabin with that kind of balcony as it was added after a retrofit.

It's under Cafe Caribe but we never heard any noise from above. The Terrace Pool & buffet are a short trip away up the back steps.

There is a bit more ship motion as it's so high up, & there's no " dressing area" as the entry is horizontal (door opens right into the bed area). The TV is mounted on the wall like on the Royal/Regal & that & the smaller closet area makes the room seem much more open.

We had that cabin for 28 days this spring and LOVED it as we loved the ship motion, padding out to the pool/buffet, openness of the cabin & that huge balcony that made us feel like we were in a big limo!

R746 has a huge totally covered balcony & is one of a kind. We loved it - you have a view looking up the whole of the port side of the ship. It is BE category (cheaper than Caribe) & the only cabin with that kind of balcony as it was added after a retrofit.

It's under Cafe Caribe but we never heard any noise from above. The Terrace Pool & buffet are a short trip away up the back steps.

There is a bit more ship motion as it's so high up, & there's no " dressing area" as the entry is horizontal (door opens right into the bed area). The TV is mounted on the wall like on the Royal/Regal & that & the smaller closet area makes the room seem much more open.

We had that cabin for 28 days this spring and LOVED it as we loved the ship motion, padding out to the pool/buffet, openness of the cabin & that huge balcony that made us feel like we were in a big limo!

Thanks so much! Do you happen to have any pictures to share?

Did you have just two chairs and a small table or other furniture? Sorry for asking so many questions!

You get the same basic furniture (one padded chair, one small glass-topped table, & one desk chair) as every balcony cabin. And even though the balcony is huge & could easily accommodate 2 or more loungers & a big table like the mini-suites have, they won't put bigger furniture out there because it is only a category BE & not eligible for the better furniture.

We've had Caribe balcony rooms before & really liked R746 better because it's so unique. You will give up closet space, but if you want to feel special I'd go for R746. You can search for R746 on CC, there are photos out there, I will try to post some in a few days when on my laptop where the photos are....

Looking at booking a cruise on the Caribbean for December 2016. Any suggestions for best balcony room? Any rooms with bigger balconies like celebrity? Thanks!

You are going to get about as many opinions as there are posters. Some like higher, some lower, some forward, some aft, some port, some starboard, let's see what did I leave out? Good luck with your picking.

If you end up unsure, book a GTY and see what Princess assigns you. But those CARIBE ones on the ships like you picked are very nice.

Edited by steelers36

I had this cabin and loved it. I have booked this cabin for Dec 2016 and on the Ruby for Aug 2016. I don't have any pictures. The cabin seemed to be bigger due to the layout. The balcony was also bigger than others with 2 chairs and a small table.

I did not heard any noise from above. I did heard the Terrace Pool door a few times when people let the door go (slam) during the day.

I like the location, a few steps to the Terrace Pool door, 4-5 steps up to the pool, 4-5 steps up to the pool bar, walk through the doors to Caribe Cafe, then Horizon Court then elevators. Only 2 cabins facing this cabin so not a lot of traffic.

Edited by phabric

If you want a large balcony and it must be covered, the Caribe deck is the way to go. It is half covered by the standard balconies above it. The Dolphin balconies are also large but they are not covered. The next decision you need to make is whether you like movement or stability on the ship. Fore and aft will give you more movement then mid ship. Enjoy your cruise.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if the balconies on the Baja deck are fully or partially covered?

Thanks! Joyce