Legend of the Seas

Hi

We are booked on this ship on the 12 August cruise. I've read shocking reviews of this ship and am really concerned about going. There is the occasional average review. Please post any comments you have if you've recently been on this ship. I've contacted Royal Carribean and they say that it is an excellent ship and to complain if there is anything wrong - and I certainly shall.

Many thanks.

Cheryl

We did a b2b on Legend back in April that amounted to 30 days on board. We had a terrific time. Staff and Crew were wonderful. Food is subjective, so I will say that we enjoyed it. Yes, the ship is getting up in years, but she is doing it gracefully.

We did a 28 night B2B in May/June and couldn't wait to get off so we could get some sleep.

The crew overall was excellent - except for the cleaning crew literally throwing deck chairs around over our heads very early each morning (+/- 4:30 AM) and the supervisor's inability or unwillingness to deal with it. Complaints to Guest Services were met with an "I'm sorry" and eventually a FCC (the first we have ever rec'd.). First time we have ever really made a complaint on any cruise.

We actually talked about leaving the cruise early, but the airfare was a killer.

The other guests that we talked to who were located close to our cabin had similar complaints and there were a few first time cruisers in full suites that vowed to never return to RC.

We need to book an accessible cabin so our cabin choices are very limited. No more HC JS for us (deck 8) on that class of ship ever again.

I'd sail the Legend again but never - ever - again on deck 8.

YMMV.

DW and I did an 11 day Southern Caribbean in January 2015. We enjoyed it very much and had no problems. The aerial show in the Centrum is outstanding and the "R" Bar is lively. During the day the Schooner bar and Library were great for quiet time. We ate breakfast most days in the Solarium, very quiet and never crowded.

We did a 10 night cruise this past March on Legend. We had a great time. It is a smaller, older ship but we didn't want to get off. The staff and crew did a great job and were very friendly. We were down on deck 2 so we did not experience the noise that the top decks had.

Hope you have a great time!

Beachin2, could you tell me the cabin number you were in? We have a group of us travelling in junior suites on deck 8.

We did Legend for an 11 night Southern Caribbean in Feb. 2014. One of our favorite cruises! It is the smallest ship in the fleet, and the crew was fantastic. I know that was a long time ago, but the ship should still be the same.

We were in a JS on Deck 8. It was Cabin 8048. We were under the Solarium. In general fairly quiet. However we could hear the dirty dish cart as it wheeled over our cabin collecting dishes that people left from the Park Cafe. Not a big deal though. If you look at cabins 8040, 8042, 8538,8540,they would put you under (I think) the Diamond Club or Concierge Lounge. Likely they would be most quiet. As mentioned, anything under the pool deck will get noise when they move chairs around. We have experienced that on Grandeur. Now, when I book a JS under the pool deck, I am very selective of location.

As for Legend, I would love to go again. I loved the ship.

We had 14 days on Legend in June. JS 8036 had no pool deck noise (I think it was under the towel station), but the air conditioning was noisy. Sounded like a fan on full, but little airflow. Overall we had a great cruise. Ship is showing its age in some areas, but the public spaces were in pretty good shape. Crew were great. Being a smaller ship there is not the variety of venues of the larger ships, but what was there was good. Having read some reviews here I had set my expectations a little low, but was pleasantly surprised.

Hi

We are booked on this ship on the 12 August cruise. I've read shocking reviews of this ship and am really concerned about going. There is the occasional average review. Please post any comments you have if you've recently been on this ship. I've contacted Royal Carribean and they say that it is an excellent ship and to complain if there is anything wrong - and I certainly shall.

Many thanks.

Cheryl

Hello CherylFP. Not a shocking review here at all:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2190500

Summary and ratings of this cruise here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46348128&highlight=summary#post46348128

Edited by Hoopster95

Hi, we did the Sydney to Singapore cruise in June. Initialy we were disappointed with the ship, we thought that she was looking tired and frayed around the edges. We have cruised on the Rhapsody and loved her, the Legend has had some remodelling with the specialty restaurants taking some of the lounge spaces. By day four we had settled down and from then on loved the ship, there was always a chair to be found in the public areas, a sun lounge by the pool and we never had to wait long to be served at the bars. We spent a lot of time on the Promenade deck reading or just watching the waves. We had an ocean view on deck two and had no complaints, bed was super comfortable and the bed linen seemed almost new. The crew were great and always had a smile.

We were very sad to get off and last week booked B2B South Pacific cruises on her for February! Can't wait.

We have done many cruises over the years from small (60 guests) to very large ships, we both agreed that this was one of our favourite cruises, we have realised that what makes a great cruise is the people that you meet and spend time with, the ship though important is just the back ground.

Bon voyage,

Marina

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Many thanks.

Cheryl

Where is the ship going 12August ?? As it sails again 16 august out of Hong Kong 2015 Thank you Aussie

I was onboard for 11 days back in late February. I found the ship nice, everything in good condition for a 20 year old ship, however it did seem small, even compared to the other Vision Class ships which are slightly bigger

(Legend and Splendour are 70,000 GRT Vs. 76-78,000 with the others).

Again, not that many bells and whistles compared to other ships, but overall the crew was great, and the ship was clean.

Hi

Many thanks.

Cheryl

We did a trans Atlantic last year on deck 8 in a Junior Suite. We were under the Solarium and did hear a little noise in the morning when they were bringing in the trolley's with the food for the café. It didn't keep us from getting lots of sleep, however. We love all the "smaller" ships and have been on Legend twice. We would not hesitate to cruise on her again!

Hi there

It is deck 8 that we are on. 8510 and think it is under the pool deck just where the noise seems to be! Hopefully they have resolved the problems otherwise I might need to have a little chat with them if we are awoken at 4.30 am!!

Thanks for your replies.

Cheryl

I was in Jr. Suite 8080 on Legend last summer. It was a terrific cabin and a terrific cruise. I don't take online reviewers too seriously; they tend to complain about things that would not even cross my mind to notice!

Hi, i found a lot of horrible stories about all the Spa´s which running by a company named Steiner. Does anyone know what is it like on the Legend ?

e.g.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steiner-One-World-Spa-Experience/345180402226568

or https://archives.yinyanghouse.com/forum/my-experience-acupuncturist-cruise-ships and so on.

Any actual answers about this? And about the prices and the quality of staff?

Thanks a lot !