Guys Burgers Question

moongal

I am planning my next cruise with my son in mind.....17 year old...he is a real meat and potatoes guy and loves hamburgers and steaks.....(is this a guy thing???)

I picked a ship because it had a Guys Burgers on it, but can anyone tell me a bit about it??

Is it a buffet hamburger joint like the one currently on the Magic? I was really grossed out with that hamburger place...the one time I got in line to get a burger, there was what could only be described as a demon child in front of me, and he kept pawing at the food that was laid out, picking up different meat pattys and tossing them into the French fry baskets frisbee style. Then he kept grabbing handfuls of fries and stuffing as many as he could all at once into his mouth so they stuck out like straws, then would projectile spit them out back into the fry baskets.

Needless to say I left and didn't eat there EVER. I saw no parents around watching this kid (looked about 7-8). I was hoping someone else would see this despicable behavior but it was my luck to only have a handful of teens behind me in line and they found this rather funny. (There didn't seem to be any carnival employee manning this station, but I presume there is one)

Anyway, getting to the point, if Guys Burgers is just another buffet I might switch my next cruise back to the Magic.

Not really a fan of any of the buffets on board. Seems kind of germy. Saw people scratching themselves then grabbing the handle of the buffet serving spoon and after taking up their food just tossing the serving spoon onto the food so that the handle was actually in the food. Just picturing that happening over and over made me a bit queasy of eating at the buffets. Wish they served it like they do in cafeteria's where the food worker is the only one handling the serving utensils.

On the Conquest you were given your burger and fries. The condiments were self serve.

Rarely have we encountered the demonstration as you have. We usually ask the child, 'where's your mom? :D

Edited by SadieN

they will give you a plate with the burger and fries. You can then go to the fixin's bar and load up with more stuff if you want. But if all you want is LTO, the staff can do that when they give it to you, just ask.

And the burgers are not the same as your plain old Lido deck hamburgers (not that I don't love a good Lido deck hamburger with a Funship Special to kick off my vacation).

Nowhere near the Lido burgers. Given the choice, I'd never eat a Lido burger again.

I was skeptical at first. "How good can it be? It's JUST a burger!!" Omg. I was so wrong. They are so SO good. I don't know how I'll ever sail without them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruznjuly

As others have said, they are handed to you on a plate (both the burger and fries). They have a few different burgers, like the Ringer or the Chili Maximus. With those, there are enough toppings that if you wanted to avoid the toppings bar it would be very easy.

Blue Iguana is a little different - the burritos are basically staff made (though you can add more at the toppings bar) but the tacos aren't. You are handed a shell with your choice of protein (chicken, fish, pork, beef, shrimp - there was 3 choices each day) and then anything else you have to put on yourself.

Is it a buffet hamburger joint like the one currently on the Magic? I was really grossed out with that hamburger place...the one time I got in line to get a burger, there was what could only be described as a demon child in front of me, and he kept pawing at the food that was laid out, picking up different meat pattys and tossing them into the French fry baskets frisbee style. Then he kept grabbing handfuls of fries and stuffing as many as he could all at once into his mouth so they stuck out like straws, then would projectile spit them out back into the fry baskets.

Needless to say I left and didn't eat there EVER. I saw no parents around watching this kid (looked about 7-8). I was hoping someone else would see this despicable behavior but it was my luck to only have a handful of teens behind me in line and they found this rather funny. (There didn't seem to be any carnival employee manning this station, but I presume there is one).

Oh hells no. There is no way any parent-less kid would get away with this kind of behavior in front of me without getting a scene-causing lecture from me and/or my husband. And if that makes his parents angry, oh well, then they should be around to discipline him themselves. Or better yet, teach him manners to begin with.

I have never witnessed anything quite like you described, and trust me that would not go tolerated with with me. I would not only be saying something to the child but to the staff manning the burger area. That is so disgusting.

But no Guy's burgers is a wait in line for your freshly cooked burger type place. They hand you a burger that just came off the grill and then they ask if you want a side of fries. They supply the fries as well, neither are self serve.

The only thing that is self serve is the toppings such as lettuce, onion, ketchup, mustard etc.

This was on the Liberty.

What the kid did was dispicable. But instead of hoping someone else would handle the situation, you should have gotten a staff member to stop the kid. And I would not be suprised if the kid was caught doing it again the family would have been booted off the ship.

Guy's burgers are indeed the bomb! I think I ate them for lunch nearly every day on our Sunshine cruise. We really missed Guy's when we were on the Miracle last summer.

The burgers are freshly made and handed to you straight from the guy who fried the burger, along with fresh cut, freshly made fries. No need to worry about some little hellion having handled either the burger OR the fries!

Guy's burgers are VERY good! Nothing like the buffet. You tell them which version you want and they put it together with fries on a plate and hand it to you. Then you can go to the condiment bar and add a vast array of toppings. Ate one almost every day when we were on the Liberty and kinda bummed that the Valor won't have them when we cruise her.

This might sound crazy, but we are planning our anniversary cruise in September based on where we can get Guy's Burgers lol. They are just awesome. We first had them on the Conquest out of New Orleans, but then when the Dream came to New Orleans and we took our anniversary cruise last year we were so disappointed to not have those burgers. Maybe its just because food is always my favorite part of everything lol.

I am actually coming back to Carnival because of Guy's Burgers. I have heard wonderful things and cannot wait to try one or ten. Everyone chooses cruises for different reasons and food is one of my reasons. I was told the lines can get pretty long but they move fast.

We had a Guy's burgers on a recent trip, but they were only open from noon until 6pm.

Wish they were open longer...

Wendy

On our April Breeze cruise, they were open to almost 9, I wonder if it was a trial they were testing.

On the two past cruises, March and May 2015, Guys was available, though for different times. On the March cruise, it was open from 12-6 daily. On the May cruise, it was open 12-2:30, 6:30-9. So it looks like it is dependent on the ship. I preferred the 12-6 daily which gave you the opportunity to have a good burger mid afternoon :)

I honestly do not remember if it was straight thru or 11-2 and 4 - 9.

As another poster who was on the Conquest has said they closed for a few hours late afternoon.

does require a bunch of people so think that if they do open late they will close for a few hours in the afternoon.

As another poster who was on the Conquest has said they closed for a few hours late afternoon.

does require a bunch of people so think that if they do open late they will close for a few hours in the afternoon.

That does not ring untrue, but to be honest I only caught the end (when I went to get a popcorn during the movie......