Carnival's excursion-Grand Turk Private Cabana

kelkel2

So I saw in another review someone mentioned you could book a cabana at Margaritaville. So, I asked how you could book that. I have never seen it for sale anywhere. The poster said it was listed under excursions, but when I went to our Grand Turk excursions it is not listed there, not even listed as sold out. It's just not listed at all. Am I looking in the wrong place? Can anyone with experience help? I was under the impression you booked this with Carnival but maybe I am wrong!

get off ship, take taxi to Margaritaville, rent a chair, buy a beer and lunch, enjoy. You DO NOT need to buy a shore excursion to sit on a beach.

Thinking of wrong place? Magaritaville GT is 100 yards from the pier, no beach and chairs are free.

We had friends book one through Carnival.

carnival dot com/shore-excursions/grand-turk/poolside-cabana-rental-440035

get off ship, take taxi to Margaritaville, rent a chair, buy a beer and lunch, enjoy. You DO NOT need to buy a shore excursion to sit on a beach.

I know you don't. But, I have very fair skin, and struggle with skin issues and a cabana would give us time out of the sun, and time on the beach and would likely allow us to enjoy the beach for a longer period of time. If we were in beach chairs we would likely have to head back to the ship much earlier in the day and get out of the sun earlier. I was hoping to check into getting one just for the enjoyment factor.

So I saw in another review someone mentioned you could book a cabana at Margaritaville. So, I asked how you could book that. I have never seen it for sale anywhere. The poster said it was listed under excursions, but when I went to our Grand Turk excursions it is not listed there, not even listed as sold out. It's just not listed at all. Am I looking in the wrong place? Can anyone with experience help? I was under the impression you booked this with Carnival but maybe I am wrong!

When exactly is your cruise? Because it's possible it's just no available yet. I am planning on renting a private cabana in Roatan for my cruise in Nov of 2016, but it's not available yet. I emailed Carnival and was told that they are making excursions available as they renew the contracts with the vendors. So I just have to keep checking.

Thinking of wrong place? Magaritaville GT is 100 yards from the pier, no beach and chairs are free.

We had friends book one through Carnival.

carnival dot com/shore-excursions/grand-turk/poolside-cabana-rental-440035

When I pull up this link, the excursion is showing, but i get the "find a cruise" button to click on. So I went through my cruise manager and it definitely isn't there?

It's probably not loaded yet. Keep checking daily. It will show up eventually.

When exactly is your cruise? Because it's possible it's just no available yet. I am planning on renting a private cabana in Roatan for my cruise in Nov of 2016, but it's not available yet. I emailed Carnival and was told that they are making excursions available as they renew the contracts with the vendors. So I just have to keep checking.

January of 2016. I actually was starting to wonder that.. I bet they haven't loaded them yet.

I mean if we don't get one it's not big deal. We could try to get a table at Jack's Shack and hang there for the day. It would just be nice to have somewhere that's "ours" to get out of the sun. I really try to watch how much sun exposure I get if I can!

I think OntarioBiMe is mistaken about GT not having a beach.

When I was in JT the beach is right in front of Margaritaville

and if you walk 500 yards up the beach you can have a drink

and some food at Jacks Shack. And yes the cabanas are

around the pool not on the beach. HAPPY SAILING!!!

You can also rent a canopy to go over your loungers on the beach. They're $20. I'd personally not want the cabana only because it's at the pool, not the beach. ImageUploadedByForums1437271586.426797.jpg.e24a6fd0c4497e92024063d1bc0a254a.jpg

The blue canopies are nice and they'll keep you shaded.

Margaritaville is free if you are just going to the pool. You can walk there from the pier and they do offer an all inclusive package for $50 pp which includes all you can drink and a burger meal. It's a nice pool with a flow rider (free) and a bar in the pool.

We just came off the Conquest from the July 4th sailing and that's what they offered. They do have cabanas but I don't know the cost.

The beach is also walking distance from the ship.

Happy sailing!

Margaritaville is free if you are just going to the pool. You can walk there from the pier and they do offer an all inclusive package for $50 pp which includes all you can drink and a burger meal. It's a nice pool with a flow rider (free) and a bar in the pool.

We just came off the Conquest from the July 4th sailing and that's what they offered. They do have cabanas but I don't know the cost.

The beach is also walking distance from the ship.

Happy sailing!

I don't think the flow rider is free.

Thd GT cabanas will probably show up in shore excursions around 5 months before sailing, at least for us that was the case. The cabanas are near the pool, but just a very short walk to the beach. We loved having one to get a break from sun, lock up our stuff and shower off before returning to the ship. Not everyone agrees, but well worth it for us.

We just booked a cabana in GT for our Thanksgiving cruise. Those blue clam shells on the beach are like ovens. No breeze at all. Thought I would die. [emoji27]

Also, depending if other ships are in port before you, then all the good shady chairs are usually taken. You could email the shore excursions dept and inquire.

As others have already mentioned, the cabanas at Grand Turk are not on the beach. They are around the pool area at Margaritaville. There are a few trees along the beach that provide shade. If you want or need a shaded area on the beach, my recommendation is to be among the first off of the ship so that you can get a couple of lounge chairs under a tree.

Just back. We rented one and it was great to have the shade & air conditioning to take a break. Also nice to lock everything up and go over to the beach or the pool without worry. We all thought it was a good value.

I will making my 7th visit to Grand Turk in September. We get a cabana every time. We split the cost ($129) with my sister and feel it is well worth the price. The cabana is furnished, lots of privacy, and has icy cold ac! We travel with kids so its nice to get a break from the sun. We usually lock our stuff up first thing in the morning and head to the beach for a few hours and then end the day at M'Ville in the pool. Oh BTW: the Flowrider is $29/$39 depending on which experience you want. My kids purchase a pass everytime they go!

Just wanted to chime in and say I thought the cabana was worth having also. As others said, it was nice having a place to lock our things up when at the pool or beach and it was great having ac to cool off every now and then. The Margaritaville servers will deliver food and drinks to your cabana also (extra cost) which was very convenient.