Onboard booking perks for transatlantics still offered?

cadburysmom

Remember, you must transfer within 60 days or else they will not let you transfer to a TA. I personally believe that is ridiculous. I could not even transfer my deposit and had to get a refund.

Why do you think it is ridiculous? If Celebrity allowed you to wait until right before final payment to transfer the TA would just collect a commission for doing almost nothing. Celebrity would have had to support your booking directly prior to the transfer perhaps incurring additional support staff costs over a normal TA booking.

Why do you think it is ridiculous? If Celebrity allowed you to wait until right before final payment to transfer the TA would just collect a commission for doing almost nothing. Celebrity would have had to support your booking directly prior to the transfer perhaps incurring additional support staff costs over a normal TA booking.

Lets get serious! I am talking about my specific booking. I tried to do it this week which is 260+ days away from sailing.

What does Celebrity do to support my or anyone else's booking?

What does it take to move a booking around with technology today?

Maybe you know what it takes to do this. If you do, explain all the trouble it takes.

When I requested the transfer on-line, I received an automated reply immediately notifying me that it was over 60 days. I booked that cruise in Feb 2015. I tried to transfer it in July 2015. Three days later Celebrity send me another notice that I cannot transfer the booking. That was 3 days after I canceled the booking by calling Celebrity direct.

When I called Celebrity to cancel the booking I had to talk to 3 different departments/people to get the booking canceled. That took ~30 minutes of talking to 2 people in the US and 1 person in Guatemala. I got transferred to 3 different people.

They are in the processing of refunding my deposit of $200 to my Credit Card. That will take up to 5 days. Would it have been simpler to just transfer that deposit to my new booking?

Now, how much time and effort did that cost Celebrity instead of just moving the booking over?

With what I went through and what Celebrity had to do, it cost them more time and effort to do it their way.

Not a TA strictly speaking, but we've just transferred our booking to a repo (from Abu Dhabi to Rome) in April 2017 on Connie, and are not getting our OBC and classic drinks package that we had on our original booking. Don't really mind too much as the price was fantastic, but just to make the point that it was the fact that it was a repo cruise that meant we lost our benefits.