FTTF Master List- Anyone ever been placed on this?

JR321

Ok, so months ago we booked our cruise for the Conquest on the phone with Carnival. We also booked our airfare and transfers at the same time. A few weeks later when I went to book FTTF online, the website said it wasn't available, even though I could see there were still tickets left. I called Carnival and they told me because we booked the airfare and transfers on the phone, we couldn't book FTTF online. She said she would place us on some "Master List" and that we would have to tell Carnival at the port we were on this list, and we could pay the fee there.

Now that the cruise is coming up, I'm a little concerned that this list doesn't exist, and since she couldn't take any payment maybe we weren't even placed on the list. Ive searched everywhere and couldn't find anything about this "Master List".

Has anyone ever experienced this? Does this list exist? I'm hoping everything will run smoothly, but of course I'm prepared for the worst. Thanks in advance!!

Never heard of that list so I would be highly skeptical.

I recall seeing on here someone saying that if you cancel the transfer then you should be able to book FTTF. Then rebook the transfer. I don't have first hand knowledge of this as I always do my own airfare and never use their transfers. It's just what I remember seeing. Might be worth a try.

I've also never heard of that list.

I also remember reading that post where the poster said she could not purchase FTTF because she had the Carnival transfer. Which, IMHO is stupid. I don't know how the 2 really affect each other? But I have no idea how there could be a master list and how you could pay for it there? You would still have to get boarding passes and luggage tags that say FTTF on it and you would not have that. It seems sketchy to me.

Yeah thats kind of what I was thinking. I tried to cancel the transfers online but it won't let me since I booked them on the phone I guess? Let just say thats the last time I'll EVER book on the phone with Carnival. It's been a mess every step of the way.

I did find one post where someone said they were placed on this master list, but it was a while ago and I can't find it again. They never said if it was real or not.

Even if I call Carnival and complain, there are no FTTF spots left right now. Not sure what to do.

Yeah thats kind of what I was thinking. I tried to cancel the transfers online but it won't let me since I booked them on the phone I guess? Let just say thats the last time I'll EVER book on the phone with Carnival. It's been a mess every step of the way.

I did find one post where someone said they were placed on this master list, but it was a while ago and I can't find it again. They never said if it was real or not.

Even if I call Carnival and complain, there are no FTTF spots left right now. Not sure what to do.

NEVER call the 1-800 phone number. You will get a wrong answer and/or a different answer every time you call. Book online or use a Carnival PVP.

Call and get yourself a Carnival PVP. You might be able to transfer your booking to that person. They are much more helpful and knowledgeable then the 1-800 phone reps.

I wish I would have known all of this beforehand, but hey you live and you learn right? I'm not even sure why we booked on the phone in the first place.

I've seen a few threads with people who couldn't book FTTF because of the transfers too. I just think its ridiculous. What do the two have to do with each other? I was told it's a computer glitch that has been a problem for a while. Well then Carnival, maybe its time to fix that glitch? Just a suggestion XD

Do you think if I get a PVP they could help me out with this issue even though there are no spots available? Do you think the PVP could possibly have access to this "Master List" if it even exists?

I wish I would have known all of this beforehand, but hey you live and you learn right? I'm not even sure why we booked on the phone in the first place.

I've seen a few threads with people who couldn't book FTTF because of the transfers too. I just think its ridiculous. What do the two have to do with each other? I was told it's a computer glitch that has been a problem for a while. Well then Carnival, maybe its time to fix that glitch? Just a suggestion XD

Do you think if I get a PVP they could help me out with this issue even though there are no spots available? Do you think the PVP could possibly have access to this "Master List" if it even exists?

A PVP (Personal Vacation Planner) will save you the frustration with the phone reps. You book your cruise with this person and he/she can answer any questions you may have. She can cancel your transfer and then you should be able to book FTTF. I think the master list is the list that the Carnival staff have at the cruise terminal, it is a list of all Priority Boarding folks such as Diamond, Platinum and FTTF.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

We had this problem after booking flights with Carnival last year. The phone rep (Not PVP) said this was because until flights were confirmed theres the possibility that FTTF would be pointless if your Carnival booked flight came in at say 12 and you arrived at port around 2pm it would be pointless. I asked JH this too and even though he did not not initially know about it he confirmed the same when talking to various folk.

Both JH and the rep said FTTF would be bookable when flights were confirmed and if they arrived early that day or the night before but that was not a guarantee.

After all the worry with Carnival flights overall we cancelled them and booked independently with the flights/connections we wanted and only for £120 ($180) more total. We booked FTTF the week after cancelling Carnival flights.

This was 2 1/2 months before the cruise.

Good luck!

I thought it had something to do with the excursion times intersecting on the website?

But additionally, if the purpose of FTTF is to get on the ship faster, it would seem that waiting for a shuttle to fill up with people isn't the best way to accomplish that. If I was gonna shell out for FTTF, I'd make sure I was on my way ASAP, whether that's getting there the night before or getting in early that morning and taking a cab (or other transportation I don't have to wait for other people) straight to the port on embarkation day.

I thought it had something to do with the excursion times intersecting on the website?

But additionally, if the purpose of FTTF is to get on the ship faster, it would seem that waiting for a shuttle to fill up with people isn't the best way to accomplish that. If I was gonna shell out for FTTF, I'd make sure I was on my way ASAP, whether that's getting there the night before or getting in early that morning and taking a cab (or other transportation I don't have to wait for other people) straight to the port on embarkation day.

I believe this is the reason they won't allow booking FTTF if you have Carnival transfers - or least why it wouldn't be a good idea. The point of FTTF is to get on the ship "faster" (early) but if you use their transfers, you likely will not get to the port early enough to take advantage of it. We've not used Carnival transfers in years but when we did (and it was in conjunction with Carnival air), we never got to check-in prior to 2PM-ish - that would really defeat the purpose of and money spent on FTTF.

Edited by joepeka

I believe this is the reason they won't allow booking FTTF if you have Carnival transfers - or least why it wouldn't be a good idea. The point of FTTF is to get on the ship "faster" (early) but if you use their transfers, you likely will not get to the port early enough to take advantage of it. We've not used Carnival transfers in years but when we did (and it was in conjunction with Carnival air), we never got to check-in prior to 2PM-ish - that would really defeat the purpose of and money spent on FTTF.

What is really bad is that people book FTTF not just to get on the ship early. It is also about getting luggage earlier, room ready immediately, priority tendering, early debark. So, their reasoning doesn't really make sense. FTTF is more than just "getting on the ship early."

What is really bad is that people book FTTF not just to get on the ship early. It is also about getting luggage earlier, room ready immediately, priority tendering, early debark. So, their reasoning doesn't really make sense. FTTF is more than just "getting on the ship early."

I was just going to say the same thing. I for one don't get FTTF to get onboard early. I couldn't care less about that. I get it for the other benefits.

I can see Carnival's point, but it does stop you from being able to get it even if boarding early isn't your primary reason for wanting it.

It's interesting, I guess it's a matter of personal perspective. Early luggage arrival, early room availability and priority tendering don't matter much to me but boarding early does. Although arriving late at the port on embarkation day does wipe out the benefits of early room availability and potentially early luggage. Oh well, different strokes I guess. :)

Edited by joepeka

I don't know about any master list but my sister had the same issue with Carnival transfers and FTTF. The system wouldn't allow me to book her transfer to the ship. I did her booking so that hers would be linked to mine, she wanted to make sure she had FTTF so I booked that first since it sells out quickly. I did everything I could to book her transfer and the system kept rejecting it. I even called Carnival and I was told she could do the transfer at the airport. I hope they know what they're talking about. As another OP stated there are many reasons to get FTTF, one of them is to have your room ready early.

I totally agree they need to fix this glitch. She's still a few sailings short of Platinum so I know she'll want to purchase it until she no longer needs it.

^^ Using Carnival transportation and paying for FTTF are diametrically opposed !

Ok, so months ago we booked our cruise for the Conquest on the phone with Carnival. We also booked our airfare and transfers at the same time. A few weeks later when I went to book FTTF online, the website said it wasn't available, even though I could see there were still tickets left. I called Carnival and they told me because we booked the airfare and transfers on the phone, we couldn't book FTTF online. She said she would place us on some "Master List" and that we would have to tell Carnival at the port we were on this list, and we could pay the fee there.

Now that the cruise is coming up, I'm a little concerned that this list doesn't exist, and since she couldn't take any payment maybe we weren't even placed on the list. Ive searched everywhere and couldn't find anything about this "Master List".

Has anyone ever experienced this? Does this list exist? I'm hoping everything will run smoothly, but of course I'm prepared for the worst. Thanks in advance!!

This doesn't seem likely to be correct considering that you would have missed benefits of FTTF by waiting to pay at the port check-in--you would not be able to have the priority tag placed on your luggage to enjoy priority luggage delivery. Nor would you be able to get in the priority check-in line without a priority boarding pass.

I have never heard anyone mention a FTTF Master List or being able to purchase FTTF at the port. Most of the time FTTF is sold out way in advance of sail date.

Never used the transfer but I do know on my last cruise I went to the FTTF line to check in. There was a Carnival employee out front who checked my name on a list of those with FTTF prior to my checking in at the counter.

I don't know if this is the master list you are referring to but they do have a list of all passengers with FTTF.

It's interesting, I guess it's a matter of personal perspective. Early luggage arrival, early room availability and priority tendering don't matter much to me but boarding early does. Although arriving late at the port on embarkation day does wipe out the benefits of early room availability and potentially early luggage. Oh well, different strokes I guess. :)

FTTF does not allow "early" boarding, it allows boarding without the delays of waiting in long lines. Many here repeat is is early boarding, but it is correctly quicker boarding.

Thank you so much for all the feedback! I never expected this much feedback this fast, you guys are all wonderful! Although I'm annoyed that I believed what seems to be nonsense, I'm glad I'm now prepared for the worst lol. It's ok, we know for next time! There will always be more cruises to buy FTTF for!

FTTF does not allow "early" boarding, it allows boarding without the delays of waiting in long lines. Many here repeat is is early boarding, but it is correctly quicker boarding.

If you arrive at the port early (which is somewhat unlikely if you use Carnival transfers), and you have FTTF, the only guests that will check-in and board ahead of you are Diamond, Platinum and suites. You can call it "quicker", I would call that "early" and you're correct in that you do skip the longer lines.

Edited by joepeka

Actually my boarding pass says 11-12 a.m.. Most folk get a letter that tells them to arrive after 1.:)

But I have used to by pass long lines, Jacksonville personal last year could have cared less if I had it and put me in the same line as everyone else-

NOLA port employees tell me that it guarantees my cabin to be ready and my suitcase to be there when I get on board, Elation crew tells me it does not include getting my suitcase early.

FTTF promises by passing the lines on tendering? I used it, my roomie last cruise didn't, we got on board at the same time.

So far the only thing that FTTF has done correctly was to get me into my cabin faster, and get in the customer complaint line sooner.:rolleyes: