Wine Thermos?

In my local grocery store, I saw a wine thermos. It is sized to be able to hold one 750 ml bottle of wine. Anyone tried to use these for their 2 bottle allowance?

Thinking the thermos would pack better than an actual bottle for air line travel. Flying in the day of embarkation and taking a shared shuttle to the port. Looking for ways to bring my wine allowance on board...

In my local grocery store, I saw a wine thermos. It is sized to be able to hold one 750 ml bottle of wine. Anyone tried to use these for their 2 bottle allowance?

Thinking the thermos would pack better than an actual bottle for air line travel. Flying in the day of embarkation and taking a shared shuttle to the port. Looking for ways to bring my wine allowance on board...

I doubt they would allow it.

If you are concerned about packing the wine, check into wine diapers.

Thanks for the suggestions.

It turns out that the shuttle service we are using from MCO to Port Canaveral will make a courtesy grocery store stop along the way! So, I'm just going to purchase the wine on the way to the port...which was my preference but wasn't sure if it could happen with hired transportation.

Here's a plug for Cortrans Shuttle for that awesome benefit!!

It turns out that the shuttle service we are using from MCO to Port Canaveral will make a courtesy grocery store stop along the way! So, I'm just going to purchase the wine on the way to the port...which was my preference but wasn't sure if it could happen with hired transportation.

Good to know - Thanks

M

We we're planning on using them. THat makes it even better, thanks for the info!

We we're planning on using them. THat makes it even better, thanks for the info!

Braden...if you are wanting that stop, you might want to have that noted on your reservation so that the driver is aware. It isn't a scheduled thing...it is an optional thing.

I would give Jaime Cortes a call. His number should be on the email that you replied to in order to confirm your reservation.

You can also get these (the jet bag) at the container store for $4. Save the hassle of an extra stop if you're flying in the same day of your cruise, and just buy it at home, put it in here and bubble wrap it to be extra safe. Then you can use the bags and bubble wrap to carry liquor you buy in ports for cheap and want to bring home with you. http://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Padded-Absorbent-Bio-Degradable-Accessory/dp/B004FLK2IU

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

I've decided to avoid checking baggage now, since we are flying in on embarkation day. Our cruise is a short 4 nighter, so it shouldn't be an effort. I really was only thinking about checking baggage to be able to bring my wine! LOL.

It's good to learn about this product though.

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

I've decided to avoid checking baggage now, since we are flying in on embarkation day. Our cruise is a short 4 nighter, so it shouldn't be an effort. I really was only thinking about checking baggage to be able to bring my wine! LOL.

It's good to learn about this product though.

The wine bag works well, if you need it another time. I've have two that I bought at a discount store years ago, and they've gone on MANY trips with no problems!