Carnival bottled water filter method

Taylors

I have a question about Carnivals bottled water.

My dad has had a kidney transplant. As a result he is on Immunosuppressant drugs. As a result he has several dietary requirements. One of which is the process and rate of filtration. His water must be purified via reverse osmosis. He can not have spring water at all because of risks.

Does anyone have a bottle and can post the information? Its usually somewhere on the label or there is a number on the label to call.

Thanks!

With something as important as this why wouldn't you contact the cruise lines Special Needs Department?

Honestly, I wasn't aware of the special needs department! I didn't trust just calling customer service, which is why I was looking for a photo of the lable with the info. I'll look up the number and call in the morning!

Thanks!

My dad has had a kidney transplant. As a result he is on Immunosuppressant drugs. As a result he has several dietary requirements. One of which is the process and rate of filtration. His water must be purified via reverse osmosis. He can not have spring water at all because of risks.

Does anyone have a bottle and can post the information? Its usually somewhere on the label or there is a number on the label to call.

Thanks!

As of a couple of weeks ago it was Ice river green natural spring water as posted on here a few days ago... search the word water in this forum and you will find the post I believe dated 7/22/2015 with pictures of the water.

Thanks!

one more item, I believe carnival tap water on the ships is purified via reverse osmosis, you should check with carnival, but I think you would be fine with the tap water on the ships

one more item, I believe carnival tap water on the ships is purified via reverse osmosis, you should check with carnival, but I think you would be fine with the tap water on the ships

The ship's water is purified by a reverse osmosis process.

The ship's water is a mix of distilled water from flash evaporators, desalinated water from reverse osmosis watermakers, and shore water brought onboard in port. For the OP's stated medical reasons, I would not suggest using the ship's water, as it will also have some calcium carbonate (think Tums) added to neutralize the distilled water, and chlorine to sanitize.

Besides, there is a difference between desalinating sea water into drinking water with an RO unit, and taking fresh water and purifying it with an RO unit. The reverse osmosis membranes are not perfect and will allow a small percentage of larger molecules through, so starting with fresh water, you will get a better result than with sea water.

The "naturally pure spring water" will have some minerals in them, because they came from the ground, through rock aquifers. This is why the OP has stated her father cannot have spring water. Your typical Desani filtered municipal water is what is required.

Edited by chengkp75

Does he filter water at home? The best home filter is called Zero Water, it takes everything out beyond the other home filters. I got mine at Target and around here, only Target has the refill filters. Not the cheapest, but they work well.

As of a couple of weeks ago it was Ice river green natural spring water as posted on here a few days ago... search the word water in this forum and you will find the post I believe dated 7/22/2015 with pictures of the water.

Not necessarily. I am drinking one of my leftover bottles from my June 28 sailing on the Breeze. It is True Essence from Marianna, FL. The label states that it has been purified by reverse osmosis. I would think this is dependent on home port more than anything.

I'm curious as to the outcome of the OP's situation. My wife had a kidney transplant and while they told her to stay away from the buffets, I don't think they ever told her she could only drink water filtered by reverse osmosis. We've been on 3 cruises since her transplant and she's drank both the ship's water and also the VIFP bottled water and she is fine.

This is a big deal when it involves health.

I have watched them in New Orleans pumping water into the ship.

I believe that the ship water is tap water.

The bottled water I have seen is spring water.

Special needs should handle this.

This is a big deal when it involves health.

I have watched them in New Orleans pumping water into the ship.

I believe that the ship water is tap water.

The bottled water I have seen is spring water.

Special needs should handle this.

Cruise ships will take on water in port depending on the itinerary. However, since they pay for the water, and the energy used in evaporators onboard is free (waste heat), they will try to make as much as possible. Ship's water is a mixture of shore water, distilled water from the evaporators, and desalinated water from the reverse osmosis watermakers. Nearly every ship out there has both types of watermakers, and nearly every one needs to take some shore water at one time or another.

However, as I've said, as much a proponent of drinking the ship's water as I am, for this person's specific medical needs, I would not recommend it.

Thanks all for the replies. Life kept me away from checking in. I did email the special needs department with no answers. Does anyone have a phone number to them. I tried searching and was a unable to locate it.

Yes my dad drinks filtered water at home. Calcium interferes with his anti rejection medications so has to be avoided within 2 hours before and after taking it. Other obvious concerns would be bacteria that could possibly be present in water. And spring water is never allowed. We were told tap water is usually fine, as long as it's from an industrial processing plant and not from a well. Still hoping for some answers from Carnival!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the replies. Life kept me away from checking in. I did email the special needs department with no answers. Does anyone have a phone number to them. I tried searching and was a unable to locate it.

Yes my dad drinks filtered water at home. Calcium interferes with his anti rejection medications so has to be avoided within 2 hours before and after taking it. Other obvious concerns would be bacteria that could possibly be present in water. And spring water is never allowed. We were told tap water is usually fine, as long as it's from an industrial processing plant and not from a well. Still hoping for some answers from Carnival!

With the particular problem with calcium, I would reiterate my recommendation to avoid the ship's tap water, as it has, as stated, calcium carbonate added to neutralize it, and there will most likely be residual calcium in the water.

With the particular problem with calcium, I would reiterate my recommendation to avoid the ship's tap water, as it has, as stated, calcium carbonate added to neutralize it, and there will most likely be residual calcium in the water.

Absolutely! Never worth the risk.