Breakaway - Entertainment

CPT Trips

Last time we cruised the Breakaway there were three "lounge acts" that rotated around, a pool band, and two "headliners" for the theater. Can any recent cruisers tell me who is on now in these roles? Who is in Fat Cats? Opinions welcome.

Thanks!

Edited by CPT Trips

Hi guys!

Hopefully someone will answer as I asked the same question on a review someone just posted who came off Breakaway this weekend.

Fire & Ice were on Breakaway for quite awhile last year but no idea of the current entertainment roster.

Enjoy your summer.:) (recovering from shoulder surgery here!)

Hi there,

We just got off the Breakaway yesterday. Here is who was on board as of yesterday:

Arvin and Emily sang/played many different themed tunes throughout the week. They played in the Atrium, Shakers

Charlie Love and the Silky Smooth Band played in Fat Cats.

There was also the Manhattan Band who played in the Manhattan Room (we never saw them)

Justin (?) sang some tributes to Elton John, Billy Joel, love sons, etc. in Shakers and maybe the Atrium

Jammroc did played around the pool area. I honestly don't know if this was a DJ or a band...we didn't hang around the pool area much.

Does this help?

I have the dailies so I can look up specific questions if you'd like.

Amy

Hi there,

We just got off the Breakaway yesterday. Here is who was on board as of yesterday:

Arvin and Emily sang/played many different themed tunes throughout the week. They played in the Atrium, Shakers

There was also the Manhattan Band who played in the Manhattan Room (we never saw them)

Justin (?) sang some tributes to Elton John, Billy Joel, love sons, etc. in Shakers and maybe the Atrium

Jammroc did played around the pool area. I honestly don't know if this was a DJ or a band...we didn't hang around the pool area much.

Does this help?

Amy

Thanks! It does help. We enjoyed Justin in the past. How was Charlie Love?

Hi there,

Does this help?

Amy

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sorry to hear that Les and company wont be performing at Fats Cats in August. I really enjoyed his brand of old school/jazz/humor in the evenings!

Does anyone know yet who will be on Fat Cats in October? Arvin is very nice and unlocked a piano for me to use on my birthday after I attended Wine Lovers. I played for several hours to try an sober up before dinner lol.

Hi guys!

Hopefully someone will answer as I asked the same question on a review someone just posted who came off Breakaway this weekend.

Fire & Ice were on Breakaway for quite awhile last year but no idea of the current entertainment roster.

Enjoy your summer.:) (recovering from shoulder surgery here!)

Yo Barb! Looks like we got an answer!

JUNIORTROOPER, I would love to see the dailies. Heading there on the 9th of August. Please post.

We are also on the August 9th BA sailing, and would love to see them too. Also any bartenders/bars you recommend? Not too crowded? Got the UBP and want to make the most of it.

Thanks

Safe sailing

(Coldinerie..will see you on board)

Hi! I just got off the Breakaway this past Sunday.

How was Charlie Love?

Fat Cats had Charlie Love and the Silky Smooth band. Charlie is the man!! I spent at least 3 nights in Fat Cats because of his energy and singing. He gets the crowd going and connects well with his audience. A word of advice: If you need to leave the room for a bathroom run or just to go somewhere else, you can't walk past him. You will need to DANCE past him! He will encourage it also. I love that guy! :) <3

The two headliners in the theater is the Broadway Show "Rock of Ages" and "Burn the Floor" .I am not of fan of hair band music but I am glad I went to Rock of Ages. I had a lot of fun. And if you have young kids, it is not for them. They actually warn the audience at least 3 times before the show starts about the "sex, drugs, and rock&roll" theme. Also , families with young children were asked not to sit in the first 10 rows as they throw things into the audience , or make gestures to the first rows. Needless to say, many families who decided to stay after the warnings were given left halfway through the show.

Arvin and Emily were terrific. They had the atrium floor a few times.

Also any bartenders/bars you recommend
The majority of the bartenders were nice. The busiest bars were in the atrium and the Uptown Grill. They were very overworked up there and seemed. I felt awful for them. However, Headliners had the most energetic, upbeat, talkative bartenders by far. They were very generous with their cocktails as well. MIXX bar doesn't open until 5pm but it wasn't packed much there. It was a good place to have a cocktail before your dinner in Taste or Savor while people watching.

Dueling pianos and Howling at the Moon was in Headliners as well. Very fun acts. You can request songs by passing the musicians sheets of papers with your request. However, if you attach dollar bills to it, you are pretty much guaranteed to hear your song played by them.

Who is the Cruise Director on the Breakaway?

Julie from Canada. I think she is immortal or something because it seemed like she never slept! She was HIGHLY visible from morning to night and was very friendly and down to Earth. She is the first cruise director I have ever felt comfortable with.

Edited by Saltwater310

Hi,

I just got off the Breakaway yesterday and can't believe no one mentioned Fire and Ice...we all thought they were terrific. Rock of Ages was great! Burn the Floor is a dance show for fans of Dancing with the Stars. Second City is improv comedy. The performers in Fat Cats were pretty good. Howl at the Moon (dueling pianos in Headliners) always had the crowd roaring. Justin (piano player at Shakers) generally had many people listening to him. There was always something going on on the Breakaway!

Cruise director is Julie Valeriote (for now)

WAS the cruise director. During the "behind the scenes" talk with the entertainment staff on Saturday, she stated that she was getting off the ship on Sunday and heading to the shipbuilder to continue work on the upcoming new ship. She also stated that she'd like to return to the Breakaway in the future.

Is Second City a continual thing or they only on the BA for a limited time? Just wondering if they will still be there when I go in November.

Fat Cats sounds really fun, too.

Oh heck, I'm looking forward to everything!

WAS the cruise director. During the "behind the scenes" talk with the entertainment staff on Saturday, she stated that she was getting off the ship on Sunday and heading to the shipbuilder to continue work on the upcoming new ship. She also stated that she'd like to return to the Breakaway in the future.

I guess that's not surprising. Julie "opened" the Breakaway and the Getaway so now she's heading to the Escape? Not at all surprising. She is over the top bubbly but very nice and totally sincere (according to my son who has worked with her on Getaway & Breakaway).