Book CruiseNext Ultimate as soon as you buy a CruiseNext certificate

fstuff1

this was the recommendation of the cruise consultant when I was onboard the Gem last week.

-lock in that CruiseNext Ultimate promo.

-book the cruise furthest out that's listed on ncl.com. Currently, it's April 2017.

-when you're ready to cruise, just change the date/ship/port.

-The promo stays! You don't lose the promo if CruiseNext Ultimate changes the promo in the future when you are ready for your real itinerary.

- the cruisenext certificate acts as the deposit.

and the promo changes if you change cabin levels.

ie: lets say you choose the dining promo.

current Ultimate promo for studios/Insides is $50 dining credit. For OV and above, it's UDP.

you book an April 2017 cruise out of New Orleans to the Western Carribean with an Inside cabin.

Confirmation docs list the promo code CHOSPD which is the $50 dining credit.

Let say in May 2016 you decide to goto Alaska in a Balcony.

The promo will change to UDP.

downside:

-cruisenext certificates expire in 4yrs but you can only book 18months out.

-You can only make ONE change with CruiseNext Ultimate

I wish we had as good of a cruise consultant on our Breakaway cruise look last month. I missed seeing the flyer in our room for the ultimate offer and just grabbed 2 cruise next rewards at the desk. Nothing was mentioned to us about booking with guaranteed perks so we missed out. I would have done it for my reward and the one I got for my daughter and her boyfriend as a surprise for Christmas. Very disappointed that after waiting in line to do it in person not a word was said about it. I came back to seeing it discussed on CC.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

Isn't the CruiseNext Ultimate promo the same as the current promo? CruiseNext Ultimate booking can only be changed once and isn't transferable. Considering the promo for next month might even be better, I'm glad I didn't do the Ultimate booking.

Isn't the CruiseNext Ultimate promo the same as the current promo? CruiseNext Ultimate booking can only be changed once and isn't transferable. Considering the promo for next month might even be better, I'm glad I didn't do the Ultimate booking.

yes, the CN Ultimate promo is the same as June/July ncl.com promo.

but unlike the ncl.com promo, the CNU promo will be staying the same for the next few months.

I was told by the cruise consultant that the August NCL.com promo isn't as good as this months.

Edited by fstuff1

For inside cabins, is the UBP an option in CruiseNext Ultimate? Parts of previous discussions were not clear.

no but I forget what the alcohol promo is for studios/insides under CRU

Edited by fstuff1

yes, the CN Ultimate promo is the same as June/July ncl.com promo.

but unlike the ncl.com promo, the CNU promo will be staying the same for the next few months.

I was told by the cruise consultant that the August NCL.com promo isn't as good as this months.

Yeah, I'm very curious to see what August will look like. I think they may be offering UDP/UBP to inside guests, but I suspect the half/free discount for the third guest is going away (and becoming one of the options.) If you're just two people, then it might be better. We'll see soon enough.

I'm so confused. Does the Ultimate cruise next certificate and booking directly on the ship mean that you get a second promo, total of two promos?

no.. either the CN Ultimate promo or the current NCL.com promo.

since I don't know when I'm cruising again, I locked in a promo that's basically good for 18months.

-when I am ready to cruise, I can keep the CNU promo and change the sail date/ship/port.

- or I can take the ncl.com promo offered at that time and cancel the CNU reservation penalty free (as long as you're not within the 60day limit.)

currently the ncl.com promos are great.

but who knows in 2016 or 2017.

it might go back to the past of just $25 obc.

And if you're doing this, I would suggest locking in UDP for the 18months.

it seems like NCL is switching to Ultimate Specialty Dining (USD).

Edited by fstuff1

I'm planning to use the Cruise Next Ultimate deal when I'm on board of the Jade next month since I already know which Alaskan cruise we want to do in May 2016.

But I was hoping that the CN Ultimate would get us the UBP for an inside cabin as well :(

I'm planning to use the Cruise Next Ultimate deal when I'm on board of the Jade next month since I already know which Alaskan cruise we want to do in May 2016.

But I was hoping that the CN Ultimate would get us the UBP for an inside cabin as well :(

if you already know what cruise you want then use the current promo on ncl.com.

(buy your cruisenext certificate first before booking.)

insides for july/aug get ubp on ncl.com

heck, go with a travel agent/travel website and get obc on top of ubp.

unfortunately, we cant discuss agents/agencies on this board.

but look at the cruisecritic home page. there's advertisers there.

one of them has a very easy to use AND UNDERSTAND website.

do fake bookings to see what obc you get on top of what ncl gives you.

note: I have not booked thru them.

Edited by fstuff1

I guess I'll have to wait and see what the promo will be by the time I'm about to board on Aug. 29th ... I would book now for the UBP if I already had the Cruise Next certificates, but alas. Thanks for your tips!

Thank you. But I meant how much was the deposit for cruise next ultimate? You know when you book a specific cruise while onboard.

Read the scans I uploaded. It's $250 deposit per reservation up to 4 total for both. The difference between CruiseNext and the CruiseNext Ultimate is that the Ultimate involves booking an actual cruise vs. a just a deposit.

Read the scans I uploaded. It's $250 deposit per reservation up to 4 total for both. The difference between CruiseNext and the CruiseNext Ultimate is that the Ultimate involves booking an actual cruise vs. a just a deposit.

Thank you I missed that. That is a great deal.

Anyone know if it's possible to book this in Canadian fund?

Since NCL has a great convertion rate (right now $100 credit cost $108 instead of ~$132) it would be an extra for us canadians.

So NCL has started booking cruises onboard? First I've heard of that. The scans sound just like Future Cruise Credits. Am I missing something?

For those of you who have purchased CruiseNext deposits this summer, do they show up in your online NCL account? I bought two on our last cruise (got back over 2 weeks ago) and received the letters on board, but I can't find any confirmation of them in my MyNCL. The old FCRs used to be listed in the Account Overview screen. Anyone else having this issue?

Anyone know if it's possible to book this in Canadian fund?

Since NCL has a great convertion rate (right now $100 credit cost $108 instead of ~$132) it would be an extra for us canadians.

Yes, you can book with NCL in $CAN. Do it on the ship or call NCL or your travel agent. You can't do it online.:)

What does the Ultimate get you? I see where you have to book on the ship. But what's that buy you that booking when you get home doesn't? Do you get some sort of promo that not available anywhere else?

I also don't think I could use the Ultimate anyway, unless someone knows differently. It says a can use my Cruisenext certificate booking through CAS. I know I can't book through CAS on the ship. At least, I've never been able to in the past.

What does the Ultimate get you? I see where you have to book on the ship. But what's that buy you that booking when you get home doesn't? Do you get some sort of promo that not available anywhere else?

I also don't think I could use the Ultimate anyway, unless someone knows differently. It says a can use my Cruisenext certificate booking through CAS. I know I can't book through CAS on the ship. At least, I've never been able to in the past.

right now nothing over booking at home.

but in the future, it is expected that the ncl.com promos wont be as good as they are now.

so if you're currently on a cruise and know where you are going for the next cruise, you can wait till you get home.

but if you are currently on a cruise and don't know where/when your next cruise will be, then book using Ultimate now and lock in an Ultimate promo.

book the last date thats listed on ncl.com, which is 18months.

then when you know where/when you're next cruise is, rebook.

you're Ultimate promo stays. (or you can take whatever ncl.com promo is being offered at that time.)

Just back from Breakaway. Booked two cruises: one inside cabin and second cruise ocean view.

Next ultimate has a reduced package for inside. For example- instead of UBP, they offer soda package. Somewhere I read on cc that they give the "ultimate" promotion AND the current outside promotion. This is NOT the case. My apologies if this has been clarified recently, but I have been out of touch cruising[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk