Your thoughts on two Europe cruise options please

I'm the odd ball out...I think Option 1.

14 nights with only 3 sea days...and 1 embark/debark day...sounds exhausting. 12 nights with 4 sea days sounds like a much more enjoyable vacation over all.

I've never been on a Brilliance class ship, so I think I'd lean toward that ship over the Vision because that's the one class I haven't sailed or have a booked reservation for at this time.

I get the whole Venice as a port and being excited...but as I said...European cruises are TRAVEL...not relaxing...and the B2B would be too much for me.

Malaga and Barcelona were my first steps into Europe this past April. LOVED THEM.

I haven't been to Europe, so either itinerary would be fine. However, I've been on both ships, and I prefer Vision over Brilliance.

We are doing a later Brilliance in July out of Barcelona that visits Venice over night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I debated the 12-night Med/Venice on the Brilliance or the 12-night Med/Greece on the Brilliance and ended up deciding on the 12-night 7/1 Brilliance Med/Venice - all the talk and pictures and stuff about the sail in and out of Venice really convinced me (plus while I want to vista Greece, Turkey is NOT on my list of want to go to places, so I'll need to find something that includes Greece but not Turkey I guess). :)

Can anyone tell my why they are stopping cruises to Venice please

Complicated answer, but basically Venice is sinking, and there is concern that the wash from really large ships is speeding things up. A temporary ban was put in place last November, but it was lifted again. There's talks of building a new canal, but that has its own environmental impact.

http://www.ibtimes.com/venice-cruise-ship-ban-sparks-joy-confusion-1461606

Thanks to all for the input. We've decided on option 1 (12 night on Brilliance) and have booked a balcony and are pretty excited about it. Now time to decide on flights and excursions.

Kinda worried about what time to catch a flight out of Barcelona as not so sure about weekday traffic there. 10:30am seems to be the norm.

We got back from our Med cruise in July. We had a 10:45 flight out of Barcelona. We got up early had breakfast as soon as the MDR opened went back to the room grabbed our bags and walked off the ship around 7:00. We got to the airport with plenty of time to spare even though the lines moved slow at the airport.

Yeah, I debated the 12-night Med/Venice on the Brilliance or the 12-night Med/Greece on the Brilliance and ended up deciding on the 12-night 7/1 Brilliance Med/Venice - all the talk and pictures and stuff about the sail in and out of Venice really convinced me (plus while I want to vista Greece, Turkey is NOT on my list of want to go to places, so I'll need to find something that includes Greece but not Turkey I guess). :)

I felt the same way, got "stuck" going to Turkey. :o Ephesus (port - Kusadasi) really is not to be missed. It is now towards the top of my all time favorite ancient (or modern for that matter) cities to visit. If you are at all interested in ancient cities and history you will be thrilled with the visit.

Hmm.. This is a tough one because everyone has different things that appeal to them about cruising.

I like to feel like I am on vacation. I hate cruises where it is nonstop go, go, go. I don't like to feel like a need a vacation after my vacation. Therefor I do like sea days.

I have been to almost all of the ports that you list and I was not impressed with Venice and I would never go back. Rome, however, is another story! Love Rome and we have been there 5 times. I also LOVED Ephesus! I thought it was amazing and I would definitely go back if I have the opportunity.

Naples is also very interesting and Florence is beautiful.

Good luck in your decision :)