Has anyone ever received less of a GTY cabin?

grams98

on a Monday morning for a Wednesday sailing this past July and was able to access and print my correct luggage tags.

So- the 5 day advance limit in order to be able to print luggage tags

someone mentioned is not true...but it might be true to not have access to add or change info on your personalizer...

Bernadette

on a Monday morning for a Wednesday sailing this past July and was able to access and print my correct luggage tags.

So- the 5 day advance limit in order to be able to print luggage tags

someone mentioned is not true...but it might be true to not have access to add or change info on your personalizer...

Bernadette

No its true about "within 5 days of sailing" but you can only access bag tags/travel summary/boarding pass up to sailing day.

Correct about not being able to update anything within 5 days.

This has been this way for many years.

Thats why I say this is the best way to see your cabin assignment up to sailing day.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

It'll be interesting to see how Princess is going to assign cabins to those of us with GTY status when the whole ship is sold out for our cruise. Hopefully they have set aside certain number of cabins in each category for this purpose.

Well, our assigned cabin for our Aug 15 south bound Alaska cruise just showed up last night in our Personalizer unannounced with no emails, calls, alerts, .... nothing. It just popped up. There was no upsale option either. However we are absolutely happy with their cabin assignment since it is a 3 category upgrade to mid ship balcony on the port side.

Well, our assigned cabin for our Aug 15 south bound Alaska cruise just showed up last night in our Personalizer unannounced with no emails, calls, alerts, .... nothing. It just popped up. There was no upsale option either. However we are absolutely happy with their cabin assignment since it is a 3 category upgrade to mid ship balcony on the port side.

Congratulations! Enjoy your cruise.

Thats the way its done, no fanfare.

• 1 month later...

Very happy to report that 12 days out we received a very nice assignment. BA cabin, balcony midship port side bump out on Coral. Caribe 424. Had booked a Gty BZ. Only because no balconies were left 9 months ago!! Very happy with the results, but can't say that I enjoyed waiting and will probably only book a a Gty again if same circumstances exist: no other cabin available. In this case it worked out great. Thanks to all for all of your help. Grams98

Very happy to report that 12 days out we received a very nice assignment. BA cabin, balcony midship port side bump out on Coral. Caribe 424. Had booked a Gty BZ. Only because no balconies were left 9 months ago!! Very happy with the results, but can't say that I enjoyed waiting and will probably only book a a Gty again if same circumstances exist: no other cabin available. In this case it worked out great. Thanks to all for all of your help. Grams98

It doesn't get much better than that.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be happy with an obstructed balcony especially since the obstruction is just that below the rail is metal. At least that's what people have said. Great to know Thrak and Colocruiser are going with. It is 15 nights. Love those longer ones. And yes, I will report back as soon as I know what we have😊

OK, so what cabin did you end up with, and hope your having a great cruise.