Your opinion on Carnival Corp's new design?

InTheWASide

What do you think of the ship's LOOK?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the ship's LOOK?

• I like it
    • Not a fan
    • Other, see my comments below

55,000 Tons for 995 guests?

That sounds like a new Prinsendam?

Sir, what do you know?

That is what we all wish for!

There seems to be a trend that some of the new 'luxury' ships are being larger somewhat than what the original 'yachts' of Seabourn.

That is what we all wish for!

There seems to be a trend that some of the new 'luxury' ships are being larger somewhat than what the original 'yachts' of Seabourn.

Crystal's new 100,000 GT triplets will be, um, interesting. :)

I like the C stack, as well as the yellow tenders which add a dash of colour . It is always interesting to see a ship with a bit of a unique personality that experiments by throwing away the cookie cutter..

Lifeboat colours must “be of international or vivid reddish orange, or a comparably highly visible colour on all parts where this will assist detection at sea". So that pleasing dash of colour is safety driven, not an aesthetic choice by the design team. Win-win! :)

Lifeboat colours must “be of international or vivid reddish orange, or a comparably highly visible colour on all parts where this will assist detection at sea". So that pleasing dash of colour is safety driven, not an aesthetic choice by the design team. Win-win! :)

The correct colour for lifeboats is 'international orange. Then some years ago Disney came up with yellow lifeboats instead of white hulls. It was approved by Class and so... we got yellow boats. After that is was easy for Costa. I agree.... it looks good with the funnel and sparkling white ship.

Over centuries boats were white or dark mahogany ... insides tended to be a tan colour. Cunard had pale green boats on CARONIA. HAL's ROTTERDAM of 1959 had cream coloured boats... white green/white/green stripes.

Navy ships art not safety driven... they go for aesthetics and have their boats painted GREY! Nor do they carry enough boats of crew anyway!

....................... HAL's ROTTERDAM of 1959 had cream coloured boats... white green/white/green stripes.

..................................!

Official colors of the City of Rotterdam, Captain, also found in its coat of arms ;)

City%20of%20Rotterdam%20coat%20of%20arms_zpshdlksw9c.png

John,

Used in my tiles of PRINSENDAM.

Now... what is the meaning of the green white green?

Learned that on the old Nw AMSTERDAM when I was about 11. .... the same as the funnels of old HAL funnels.

Stephen

685247408_PRINSENDAMTILES.jpgwithRotterdamCity.jpg.11dbcb87c49e31fdbe9db4c9154a51aa.jpg

John,

Used in my tiles of PRINSENDAM.

Now... what is the meaning of the green white green?

Learned that on the old Nw AMSTERDAM when I was about 11. .... the same as the funnels of old HAL funnels.

Stephen

The white center band stands for the river Rotte; the two green outer bands symbolize the villages originally built on both sides of the river; I was born and raised in Amsterdam; big rivalry between those two cities as you probably know ;)

The white center band stands for the river Rotte; the two green outer bands symbolize the villages originally built on both sides of the river; I was born and raised in Amsterdam; big rivalry between those two cities as you probably know ;)

I'm partial to Maasdijk and the surrounding fields /Westland. ;) FloraHoland!

Edited by sppunk

I'm partial to Maasdijk and the surrounding fields /Westland. ;) FloraHoland!

That's close to Vlaardingen off the Nieuwe Waterweg/New Waterway. You'll go by it every time you depart Rotterdam via ship and head out to Hoek van Holland and the North Sea ;)

That's close to Vlaardingen off the Nieuwe Waterweg/New Waterway. You'll go by it every time you depart Rotterdam via ship and head out to Hoek van Holland and the North Sea ;)

Yup! It's one of the most serene and beautiful waterways in this world.

Great friends live there, can't wait to visit again!

I was told about the colours during lunch on the Nw AMSTERDAM with Cruise Director Bob Smith. Bob was CD on the Nw A from 1938 to 1974.... apart from the war years.

The other story he told was about the fire on the MORRO CASTLE in 1934. He was Cruise Director.

Pity the green/white/green is not used with HAL any more. People must think HAL is a Delft company!!!!;)

I was told about the colours during lunch on the Nw AMSTERDAM with Cruise Director Bob Smith. Bob was CD on the Nw A from 1938 to 1974.... apart from the war years.

The other story he told was about the fire on the MORRO CASTLE in 1934. He was Cruise Director.

Pity the green/white/green is not used with HAL any more. People must think HAL is a Delft company!!!!;)

My father was a kid at the time of the Morrow Castle fire. He used to talk about his father taking him "down the shore," as we say in NJ, to see the burning wreck.

I had no idea HAL employed cruise directors as far back as 1938. ss Morro Castle was a tragedy in 1934