NYC’s Liberty of the Seas 9 Day Picture Review

Great review! We are doing the 5 day Bermuda run in October on Liberty. I noticed you dined at both Chops and Portofino. If you had to chose one which one would you pick?

It would be Portofino for me.:)

After the Galley Tour, we hung out around the ship

vSQsM5xvF_s

There was a crazy storm around Cape Hatteras, but that only lasted for a short time. It was sunny and calm by the late afternoon

19588250584_446511889d_c.jpg

Said our goodbyes at the Diamond Club

20216641341_91c79f0121_b.jpg

Noticed an error in the latest RCCL brochure. What's wrong with this picture?

20216641251_3725d9bf3e_b.jpg

Then back to the cabin to pack. Worst sight on a cruise.

20022882548_a0e489b275_b.jpg

Waiting for us in the cabin. Used to #1, never saw these before.

20210910235_8b0717f528_b.jpg

It would be Portofino for me.:)

My husband and kiddies are not big seafood fans but I heard that the filet in Portofino is sometimes better than Chops. I also want to eat there one last time before they are all phased out. If we don't get there on Liberty in October I have one last chance on Jewel in November :D

My husband and kiddies are not big seafood fans but I heard that the filet in Portofino is sometimes better than Chops. I also want to eat there one last time before they are all phased out. If we don't get there on Liberty in October I have one last chance on Jewel in November :D

I've had that filet at Portofino and I've never had anything better in Chops.

20023525780_f47d411506_c.jpg

20024945949_22f494c2b8_c.jpg

Even planes are cruising these days

20217281881_1ebe1988a2_c.jpg

19588892834_b2956dea8e_c.jpg

Coming along side

20203354502_8fd343e077_b.jpg

Docked right at 7 am, but self departure didn't start until 7:30ish. Seems like everyone had the same idea, so it moved slowly, but it wasn't awful.

19588892694_7d2d00c2e8_c.jpg

There is a Suites/Pinnacle immigration line all the way to the left. Never saw that before.

Total time from cabin to terminal door - 31 mins. Stand by for summary and score.

The acappella group The Edge Effect was fantastic!!!!

20212592935_0fa0f542d0_c.jpg

20186331376_76ab09f3bb_c.jpg

20204392792_a021552752_c.jpg

Love and Marriage was fun

20025990299_a61ef30d9b_c.jpg

20024574428_9af104ff5a_c.jpg

Magician Jason Bishop's production magic was fair, but his slight of hand close up magic was outstanding.

20025990159_436db8e803_c.jpg

The Ice Show is a 10!!!!

I hate jugglers so I won't say that Juggler Adam Kario was awful.

Slept through artist and impressionist Greg London and The Quest.

We were surprised Saturday Night Fever was on the final night, so there was no Farewell Show. We love the Farewell Show.

We were surprised Saturday Night Fever was on the final night, so there was no Farewell Show. We love the Farewell Show.

That is odd.

Do you happen to have the 9 day planner?

Just wondering whether this was the plan or whether they had to scramble around a last minute change in a headliner's travel plans?

http://us.cdn2.123rf.com/168nwm/pictrough/pictrough1002/pictrough100200037/6394248-business-man-behind-tall-stack-of-folders-square-format.jpg

Hi Ken, great job. Look what's waiting for you back at the office:D

Hi to Paulette

Worse than that, the contract expired last night so we are in strike mode. Don't you miss it??? All the best to Mrs Setsail.

That is odd.

Do you happen to have the 9 day planner?

Just wondering whether this was the plan or whether they had to scramble around a last minute change in a headliner's travel plans?

As planned

20205372436_4adeaf5b9b_h.jpg

20051080129_d91cd1db6f_b.jpg

Cabin – The Grand Suite was in very good condition

Suite Attendant – Jean from Mauritius was excellent. He folded all of our clothes, supplied extra ice and always addressed us by name. We received 3 towel animals in the 9 days.

19616980493_1053e7c520_c.jpg

Cruise Director – The only thing bad about Dru Pavlov was his daily joke hahahh

Concierge – Carlos was just OK – He is a very nice guy but his execution left a lot to be desired this sailing. I emailed him 3 weeks before the cruise requesting over the water cabana #5. I followed up a week before the cruise and sent another email after I received his introductory email 3 days before the sailing. I received no reply at all. We ended up with Cabana #4 so all was not lost, but a quick reply would have been a good display of customer service. Additionally, on the 1st night we asked him to make reservations for us at Portofino’s for the 2nd formal night – day 8. He wrote our request down in his book. The day before formal night (day 7) we asked him what time was our reservation. He then contacted Portofino’s to make the reservation. Finally, he sent all Suite guests a letter saying he would assist with self departure; however he was not in the Lounge at 7:45pm to assist like he said he would be. #firstworldproblems The Lounge bar staff was great.

Diamond lounge – Jorge was fantastic. There were only 63 Diamond and above on this sailing, so the lounge was very calm. Lounge bar service was outstanding. Diamond and above kids are not allowed in the lounge after 4:30pm and do not receive the 3 drink coupons on their sea pass cards. This does not seem fair. They should at least get the coupons on their cards.

Bar service - Fair – On 3 occasions the bartenders did not follow the correct recipe for the ordered drink. When I would inquire, they made no attempt to correct the drink; they would offer it to me for free. I also noticed the bars were not fully stocked. The Windjammer Bar, Boleros and the Platinum Theatre bar had no chocolate for mudslides and no guava mix. For most frozen drinks I was charged in the $10 range, down from the $14 charged on Indy in April.

Internet Service – Slow, but usable – definitely not O3B or Voom speeds. Skype video, and iMessage worked, Facetime and Good client vpn didn’t.

20237682415_03949923f3_b.jpg

Food – (Subjective) – Good – Windjammer food was hot and seasoned appropriately. Chops suite breakfast was outstanding. Room service was prompt and the food was hot. Bring back the Vidalia onion tart and the old mud pie!!!!!!

20211674096_c38e8efb45_z.jpg

20237940245_ecb3c80de7_z.jpg

Misc – No problem bringing on a case of water or an extension cord.

Shout outs – Hotel Director Xavier Matthias, Extreme Cruise Ship star and Guest Service manager Savio Lopez, Barefoot Beach Manager Roberto – King of Labadee and the Adventure Ocean Team

Conclusion

This cruise had a very demanding Northeast crowd. On numerous occasions I heard guests complaining about things from the elevators, to the hotdogs on Labadee not being grilled enough. The Alcohol packages have increased the number of intoxicated people. I was surprised by the number of loud tipsy people at Barefoot Beach. From a crew perspective, I witnessed a number of “front of the house” staff members with sub par English skills, which lead to some tension, especially at Guest Services. Finally, it’s a shame it took RCCL this long to bring a freedom class ship to the NY area. NYC deserves it!!!!! Lady Liberty is a fantastic ship and NY is lucky to have her, until Anthem gets here in November.

Total score 97%

Another excellent vacation, we remain loyal to Royal.

This is Ken Jarvis and I approve this review - Thank you for reading.

Stay thirsty my friends…

19615028524_d21d60b941_b.jpg