Buying bottles on 1st leg of a B2B???

I do not have any experience with this, but read a couple of weeks ago where someone said they have a list of B2B cruisers and will not give them purchased liquor after the first leg. I wonder if there are long lines and they are in a hurry if they will bother to check. It would be safer to get someone else that is just doing the first leg to purchase it for you.

Edited by kteachcruiser52

I do not have any experience with this, but read a couple of weeks ago where someone said they have a list of B2B cruisers and will not give them purchased liquor after the first leg. I wonder if there are long lines and they are in a hurry if they will bother to check. It would be safer to get someone else that is just doing the first leg to purchase it for you.

Thinking about doing that if it's the only way to go but would much prefer to get them myself if possible.

Just completed a b2b on the Carnival Fascination (Aug 24 and 29th sailings.) We did buy alcohol on the first leg and picked it up on Aug 29. They never said anything. We bought bottomless bubbles the second cruise to enjoy with our rum! Fascination crew were very disorganized so not sure how well this would work on another ship. Pick up of the alcohol was really slow though. The first week it took us 35 min and an hour the second week.

We did a back to back in 2014 and they delivered the alcohol that last night of the first cruise. We had it for the second cruise. May of 2015 alcohol that I purchased during the first cruise was delivered to the room the last night but cabin steward removed it until the last night of the second cruise. We were the only back to backers! :( Both were on the Fantasy

Edited by momstreat

Just completed a b2b on the Carnival Fascination (Aug 24 and 29th sailings.) We did buy alcohol on the first leg and picked it up on Aug 29. They never said anything. We bought bottomless bubbles the second cruise to enjoy with our rum! Fascination crew were very disorganized so not sure how well this would work on another ship. Pick up of the alcohol was really slow though. The first week it took us 35 min and an hour the second week.

thanks at least we have one answer now see how it is on other ships

It was posted (I think JH page) that when the new policy was implemented in July, you could not longer take your bottles back to your cabin if they were purchased the last night. People who were upset about having to stand in line the morning of deembarkation said they were just going to wait and purchase it late the last night so they could pack it in their suitcase and avoid the morning lines. The reply was that would not work because no one would be allowed to purchase liquor and take it to their room the last night. Last night purchases would go to the central place to be distributed the last morning.

Edited by kteachcruiser52

Terry. We did B2B on 2 different ships out of the same port in January. Wee took both of our boarding passes and were allowed to take 24 bottles of pop each and 2 bottles of wine each. I had posted on John Heald's page to ask this before we cruised. He did say as long as you had both boarding passes this was permissible. The lady checking us did not even question the pop, but had to speak to a supervisor about the wine. We were allowed to take it on.

It was posted (I think JH page) that when the new policy was implemented in July, you could not longer take your bottles back to your cabin if they were purchased the last night. People who were upset about having to stand in line the morning of deembarkation said they were just going to wait and purchase it late the last night so they could pack it in their suitcase and avoid the morning lines. The reply was that would not work because no one would be allowed to purchase liquor and take it to their room the last night. Last night purchases would go to the central place to be distributed the last morning.

Anyone else?

t was posted (I think JH page) that when the new policy was implemented in July, you could not longer take your bottles back to your cabin if they were purchased the last night. People who were upset about having to stand in line the morning of deembarkation said they were just going to wait and purchase it late the last night so they could pack it in their suitcase and avoid the morning lines. The reply was that would not work because no one would be allowed to purchase liquor and take it to their room the last night. Last night purchases would go to the central place to be distributed the last morning.

Sounds like we are back to picking them up the last morning then.

t was posted (I think JH page) that when the new policy was implemented in July, you could not longer take your bottles back to your cabin if they were purchased the last night. People who were upset about having to stand in line the morning of deembarkation said they were just going to wait and purchase it late the last night so they could pack it in their suitcase and avoid the morning lines. The reply was that would not work because no one would be allowed to purchase liquor and take it to their room the last night. Last night purchases would go to the central place to be distributed the last morning.

Sounds like we are back to picking them up the last morning then.

If you pick them up the last morning can you bring them to your room if you are on a back to back?