Buying bottles on 1st leg of a B2B???

also waiting for info on this for our b2b on the triumph in January.

Especially confirmation about being allowed to bring 2 bottles each due to 2 different boarding passes? Can someone please confirm that this works?

Terry

Are you talking about wine on the first day that you carry on? If so, then yes. Just take both of your boarding passes and show them. Last time we were on the Conquest we were on a b2b2b and had 6 bottles of wine total for the 2 of us. At first the security guard said no and I then showed him our boarding passes and asked for a supervisor. He let us take them.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Are you talking about wine on the first day that you carry on? If so, then yes. Just take both of your boarding passes and show them. Last time we were on the Conquest we were on a b2b2b and had 6 bottles of wine total for the 2 of us. At first the security guard said no and I then showed him our boarding passes and asked for a supervisor. He let us take them.

I thought you are only allowed to bring one bottle each for the first leg of the b2b2 and one bottle each for the second.

Exactly, waiting for someone who has tried this since the new rules in July.

According to Carnival, the official answer is No. The people passing out the liquor are supposed to have a list of B2B cruisers and not give them the liquor until the morning of deembarkation of the second cruise. (I know stewards have a list of B2B cruisers.) Even if someone can tell you that they were able to get their liquor on XYZ ship on XYZ date and drink it on the second leg, it does not mean you will also be able to do it. Whether the policy of holding liquor until the end of the last cruise is implemented may depend on the ship and/or crew passing out the liquor. Different ships seem to implement a lot of policies differently. Perhaps you could go to the roll call section and go to a roll call a few weeks before your sail date and someone there can tell you if it worked on that ship. Otherwise you will just have to take your chances or get someone who is not doing a B2B to buy it for you. I know some of the Journeys cruises have over a 1,000 B2B cruisers. I wonder how well they will check with that many.

Edited by kteachcruiser52

While in any port buy two bottles of your choice at any local store and return to the ship. Go thru security you will be told to turn in bottles to the table collecting shore purchases. Turn in just one bottle. Security much to busy to see if you turned in both bottles. Return to cabin and enjoy.

According to Carnival, the official answer is No. The people passing out the liquor are supposed to have a list of B2B cruisers and not give them the liquor until the morning of deembarkation of the second cruise. (I know stewards have a list of B2B cruisers.) Even if someone can tell you that they were able to get their liquor on XYZ ship on XYZ date and drink it on the second leg, it does not mean you will also be able to do it. Whether the policy of holding liquor until the end of the last cruise is implemented may depend on the ship and/or crew passing out the liquor. Different ships seem to implement a lot of policies differently. Perhaps you could go to the roll call section and go to a roll call a few weeks before your sail date and someone there can tell you if it worked on that ship. Otherwise you will just have to take your chances or get someone who is not doing a B2B to buy it for you. I know some of the Journeys cruises have over a 1,000 B2B cruisers. I wonder how well they will check with that many.

Did you call or is this on the website?

Did you call or is this on the website?

I saw it on John Haeald website and then called to verify. I was going to get one bottle that is not available in U.S. as a gift and did not mind waiting in line at the end of the first cruise, but I will not wait in line the morning we leave the ship. They just told me the official policy on getting liquor you purchased on a B2B. The other - the possibility of being able to do this on some ships- is just from reading that a couple of people said they were able to do this. I will simply look for another gift.

How is this going to work? What time on debarkation morning will we need to line up? We plan to get off asap (fttf). And i guess people cant put luggage out the night before.

The published time is 6:00 am to 9:00 am. People are upset because people who put their luggage out the night before and are flying home will now have to put it in their luggage after they go through customs or at the airport and then reweigh their bags. People have posted it has taken anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours. Someone posted there are 2 lines: one for liquor purchased on the ship and one for liquor purchased on the islands. if you purchased both places, you have to stand in 2 lines.

The published time is 6:00 am to 9:00 am. People are upset because people who put their luggage out the night before and are flying home will now have to put it in their luggage after they go through customs or at the airport and then reweigh their bags. People have posted it has taken anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours. Someone posted there are 2 lines: one for liquor purchased on the ship and one for liquor purchased on the islands. if you purchased both places, you have to stand in 2 lines.

2 different lines? What a pain.

Anyone else?

So unless I'm missing something, the answer is that we still have no real answer.

The official response from John Heald and the Carnival rep I talked to is "No, you can not get your liquor at the end of the first leg of a B2B cruise." You will get it at the end of your B2B cruises.

The unofficial answer is it may work sometimes on some ships. It doesn't hurt to try. The worst thing that will happen is you will have the liquor to take home.

If you want to hear Carnival say, "You can pick up your liquor at the end of the first leg and drink it on the second leg" that is not going to happen.

The official response from John Heald and the Carnival rep I talked to is "No, you can not get your liquor at the end of the first leg of a B2B cruise." You will get it at the end of your B2B cruises.

The unofficial answer is it may work sometimes on some ships. It doesn't hurt to try. The worst thing that will happen is you will have the liquor to take home.

If you want to hear Carnival say, "You can pick up your liquor at the end of the first leg and drink it on the second leg" that is not going to happen.

Back to page 1.

Anyone else?

Page 1 bump.

Bump.

Just returned home from our B2B Conquest 9/13 & 9/21. We bought Vodka both on board & at port on the 8 day 9/13 leg. We were told to pick it up the last morning of the cruise 6-8:30 am in the dining rm. Went at 8 am and it was not available for pick up. It was being "held" in security until the end of our 2nd leg.

The last day of our b2b we again went to the dining room for pick up.

Just returned home from our B2B Conquest 9/13 & 9/21. We bought Vodka both on board & at port on the 8 day 9/13 leg. We were told to pick it up the last morning of the cruise 6-8:30 am in the dining rm. Went at 8 am and it was not available for pick up. It was being "held" in security until the end of our 2nd leg.

The last day of our b2b we again went to the dining room for pick up.

Finally. Thanks especially as we will be on the Conquest also.