anyone on Equinox at the moment

I was on solstice when they had to do a deep clean for an outbreak of Noro from the previous cruise. The good news is that we had no problems whatsoever on our cruise. The bad news was that we were not allowed into our cabins until 6:30 PM and it was raining outside so everyone had to crowd into the interior of the ship. The ships are not built to have every passenger inside but not in their cabins. It was quite a zoo for the first few hours but absolutely fine after that.

We've been on after a super clean twice. Some of the things you'll encounter are

No salt and pepper on tables

No access to the library

No self serve at any venue

Removal of pamphlets and room service menus from cabins

Even more people than normal with hand sanitizer

I'm sure others can add to this list

This may help answer some of your questions: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2173115&highlight=norovirus

We, too, have embarked after a deep clean - waited in long lines at the port before anyone was allowed to board (so don't plan on going too early). Let us know how you get on as we are due to board her in a few weeks.

Another on this cruise. Given the one after ours is a charter I wonder if they are being super cautious. 2pm is now the boarding time with original departure at 5pm. At least Barcelona isnt raining Saturday. What a pain.

Quenz - I love the, even more people with sanitiser!

And it's real. After a super clean, There'll be crew members everywhere with sanitize Solution. Especially at the entrance of the Dinning room and the buffet.

and I'll be using as many as I can!!!!!

We came off the Equinox today --- we were informed of a 'small' number of cases of suspected norovirus but did not notice salt and pepper being removed although reading this I do recall the cabin room service information/menus disappearing. Now I know why! Interested to hear how you get on.

We came off the Equinox today --- we were informed of a 'small' number of cases of suspected norovirus but did not notice salt and pepper being removed although reading this I do recall the cabin room service information/menus disappearing. Now I know why! Interested to hear how you get on.

Welcome home, Gill :). Email me when you get a chance with your cruise report ;). Not long left for us now :).

I am just home today too. As people have said above salt and pepper, no self serve, more hand sanitizer etc. We didn't get sick but we made sure that we were really careful with hand washing etc. It will be fine. The staff were working hard to clean it. :-). Have a fab cruise.

Another on this cruise. Given the one after ours is a charter I wonder if they are being super cautious. 2pm is now the boarding time with original departure at 5pm. At least Barcelona isnt raining Saturday. What a pain.

Pushka

is this the long awaited cruise where you got an Aqua class cabin for the first time?

Can't wait to hear about your experience. :D

So glad we are in Aqua. Buffet is deserted and everyone is cramming into the MDR. Last night at 9pm the line on both sides was back to the Martini Bar. Yesterday they closed the gym. They were wearing biohazard suits. I think this is because the next cruise is a charter and we are paying for that and the cruise before us getting a couple of cases. Very disappointed in how this is being handled if there wasnt a major issue before ours.

We love Blu. And expedited embarkation was fantastic.

So yes Chamima - this is the one!

Edited by Pushka

We were on Equinox 7/18-7/25 and weren't aware of any issues, so whatever happened must have come up the following week.

We boarded Solstice once after a deep clean, and had to wait hours past normal boarding time (outside in the heat in Florida) before we were allowed on the ship. We didn't know ahead of time or we would have arrived later.

On the Equinox at the moment. Aqua Class is lovely. Great meal in Blu last night. Yes there are some measures in place but it isn't having any effect on my own enjoyment of the cruise. My better half has just said, as I'm typing this message, that I'm a glass half full type of person and it's bugging her. Oh well, everyone's different :)

On the Equinox at the moment. Aqua Class is lovely. Great meal in Blu last night. Yes there are some measures in place but it isn't having any effect on my own enjoyment of the cruise. My better half has just said, as I'm typing this message, that I'm a glass half full type of person and it's bugging her. Oh well, everyone's different :)

Yes, limited impact on Aqua. Last night they turned away Suite guests for a while from Blu :eek

We were disappointed our gym session was cancelled.

Its good everything is working for you. I was speaking to someone with a family of 7 in ATD. They had a booking for 8.15 made the day before. The queue at the door was long and they were told their appointment could not be honoured. These are the ones I feel sorry for.

Edited by Pushka

Yes, limited impact on Aqua. Last night they turned away Suite guests for a while from Blu :eek

We were disappointed our gym session was cancelled.

Its good everything is working for you. I was speaking to someone with a family of 7 in ATD. They had a booking for 8.15 made the day before. The queue at the door was long and they were told their appointment could not be honoured. These are the ones I feel sorry for.

Just curious, is ATD = select dining?

Our experience of select dining on B2B 2 weeks ago was that 7.30 -- 8.15 PM was a difficult time, due we were told, to the number of groups. This was before the noro alert.

Just curious, is ATD = select dining?

Our experience of select dining on B2B 2 weeks ago was that 7.30 -- 8.15 PM was a difficult time, due we were told, to the number of groups. This was before the noro alert.

Yes. Different cruise line. :p These people had a reservation made the day before. The other night the queue at 9.15 was back to the martini bar.

I am sorry to intrude on this thread, but I have reviewed several postings on other threads trying to discover which nights are formal nights on the Equinox travelling EAST (Barcelona to Istanbul). My roll call venue has not offered any replies and whereas there are several replies from travelers currently on the ship, I was hoping someone could chime in.

My great thanks in advance.

Dan:)

I am sorry to intrude on this thread, but I have reviewed several postings on other threads trying to discover which nights are formal nights on the Equinox travelling EAST (Barcelona to Istanbul). My roll call venue has not offered any replies and whereas there are several replies from travelers currently on the ship, I was hoping someone could chime in.

My great thanks in advance.

Dan:)

Don't think this will help you too much because ours is a unique itinerary.

Usually, Formal nights are Day 2 and the 2nd to last night. On itineraries with

a 3rd formal night, it is typically on a day where you leave port early (by about 5pm), followed by a sea day.

Our current sailing is atypical.

Pasted in (I hope), is the summary of our itinerary with Formal nights listed. It came from the Welcome Aboard Celebrity Today front page.

Hope this works; I don't dare chance previewing on ship's wifil.

Great cruise so far!

(Wifi is crazy slow this cruise)

2s1od40.jpg

Edited by JaneStarr

Usually, Formal nights are Day 2 and the 2nd to last night.

It really depends on the itinerary. On our recent 7 nighter, formal nights were days 4 and 6. We didn't depart Istanbul until day 2, and on day 3 we were in Mykonos until 3am. First sea day was day 4.