Quiet Places on Radiance

Sailing to Alaska on Radiance soon. I am a huge introvert and love watching the scenery go by in a quiet corner with a book and sometimes a beverage. Other than my balcony, I would love some recommendations for quiet spots to seek out. Thanks in advance!

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Viking Crown is inside. If you would rather be outside, the outside promenade is on deck 5, and is usually quiet. Note that one side would allow smoking.

At the rear of the Windjammer there is a covered, open air, dining area.

When not full of people eating it is shady, has a nice breeze, and you can listen to the sounds of the ship's wake.

Check it out!

You can also get to it via stairs from one deck up when the windjammer is closed.

DSCN6427_zpsff86806b.jpg

DSCN6426_zps04865445.jpg

Colony Club all the way to the back passed the Schooner. Comfy couch in the corner facing the wake. Aside from a few scheduled performances/activities it is quite relaxing and underutilized during the day compared to other spaces in my opinion.

I like both the Viking Crown Lounge and the Colony Club for quiet reading places with comfy seating.

I was on the Allure in April and could not find anything like this on that whole huge ship. Every place I tried was either closed for a private function or if I managed to sit down and start reading, someone would come in and start setting up for something (one time it was a memorial service!). The Viking Crown Lounge was closed for remodeling (or whatever they did up there) so that was not an option. The library on that ship is too small and was used for meetings. Everywhere else had too many people.

That's what I like about the Radiance class ships....lots of quiet places with lots of glass to look out at the scenery (unlike the Allure).

Colony Club all the way to the back passed the Schooner. Comfy couch in the corner facing the wake. Aside from a few scheduled performances/activities it is quite relaxing and underutilized during the day compared to other spaces in my opinion.

Agree!!!

Just got off Radiance last week. The promenade deck is quiet, but depending on the time of the year and the weather that day, it can be chilly.

We found that back behind the Windjammer (through the other 2 restaurants) to not be crowded even during lunch, and you can take your pick of sunny or shaded spots. I also agree that all the way back in the Colony Club can feel like a secluded spot on the inside. Unfortunately, some of the glass there is hazy, so pick the right spot for a good view.

The first time we sailed on a Radiance Class ship we didn't know about the open air dining area at the rear of the Windjammer.

We would go to the serving areas, fill our plates, and then head for the nearest open table.

It was the third day when all of the tables were full that we started walking toward the stern looking for a table when we found the open dining area. It was a big surprise.