Staying in Ft. Lauderdale

turtleash

Suggestions needed... My boyfriend and I will be staying in Ft. Lauderdale a couple days early prior to heading out on the Eurodam in November. Have stayed in Florida a TON but never around here. I have done some searching but anyone have any places they love and want to suggest. I would love to stay in a place that is more cottage style and right on the beach, you know, open door beach and water right there. Not sure if fort Lauderdale has that type.if not any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated, Got airfare booked tonight so moving right along!

Suggestions needed... My boyfriend and I will be staying in Ft. Lauderdale a couple days early prior to heading out on the Eurodam in November. Have stayed in Florida a TON but never around here. I have done some searching but anyone have any places they love and want to suggest. I would love to stay in a place that is more cottage style and right on the beach, you know, open door beach and water right there. Not sure if fort Lauderdale has that type.if not any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated, Got airfare booked tonight so moving right along!

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g34227-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida-Hotels.html

If you want to be on the most private part of Fort Lauderdale Beach proper (without buying a condo) take look at Lago Mar. I'd also recommend that you use Google Earth or Google Maps Street View when you look at lodging options. That way you'll know where you are in relation to the beach.

We're doing Eurodam in November, not that it matters to your question, but I felt the need to cheer. 😄

Look at Hollywood Beach for cottage style on the beach. There are so many choices that are rated highly on tripadvisor and other places. There are some that have bicycles for their guests to use on the broadwalk. There are also many bicycle rental shops that have tandem and other neat bikes.

Hollywood Beach is very close to the beach and has many affordable places to choose from to stay. We wanted to do the new Margaritaville, but they're all booked up. So, we're just zooming in on Google Maps & Earth to see exactly where we want to stay & what will be nearby.

Dania Beach is between Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood. The south end of Fort Lauderdale Beach is on one side of the channel. Dania Beach is on the other side. Look up John U. Lloyd State Park for the location.

Listen to POA-1

He is from there and his condo is on the water! He will give you great info!

Check out Hollywood Beach!

Good location lots of condos and hotels.

Denise :)

Thanks for the plug. :) The Lago Mar is where we put overflow guests who come to visit. It's nice and private - but it's not really close to a whole lot of restaurants or shopping. For that, you'd want to be further up the beach.

A hidden gem, IMO, is the Pillars Hotel on Birch Road. It's on the intra coastal and about a block from the beach, but their pool overlooks the intra coastal. It's also a whistle stop on the water taxi.

Edited by POA1

Thanks for the plug. :) The Lago Mar is where we put overflow guests who come to visit. It's nice and private - but it's not really close to a whole lot of restaurants or shopping. For that, you'd want to be further up the beach.

A hidden gem, IMO, is the Pillars Hotel on Birch Road. It's on the intra coastal and about a block from the beach, but their pool overlooks the intra coastal. It's also a whistle stop on the water taxi.

My usual vote also for The Pillars.

Oops!!

I forgot! You recommended Lago Mar and it was wonderful,

Sorry. Good choice actually excellent choice!

Denise:)

PS maybe our paths will meet some day over your excellent recommendation of a good wine!

Wanting to look for a Condo to purchase around Holloywood Beach! With a ocean view! Love ours here at home with the view of the Pacific Ocean, but we are drawn to your little piece of heaven. If all goes well next year and we will give our condo to our daughter!

Oops!!

I forgot! You recommended Lago Mar and it was wonderful,

Sorry. Good choice actually excellent choice!

PS maybe our paths will meet some day over your excellent recommendation of a good wine!

Wanting to look for a Condo to purchase around Holloywood Beach! With a ocean view! Love ours here at home with the view of the Pacific Ocean, but we are drawn to your little piece of heaven. If all goes well next year and we will give our condo to our daughter!

Can I be your daughter ;):D?

Can I be your daughter ;):D?

Love you CruzChic!!!

You always have a sense of humor and you tell it like it is!

Love it here can not complain at all! Love the ocean and maybe a change. At one time we were thinking of Maui, but I would be home sick for my grand puppy!!! I know silly. My ocean is pretty, but, not sooooo blue as in FT. lauderdale.

Thinking of humidity!

Will see!

PS,

This will be a surprise for her( our daughter). She travels all over the world, and calling home is hard with her job. This will be a good thing for her!

How's work going for you?

Sorry Walt got off track we will stick to subject!

Love you CruzChic!!!

You always have a sense of humor and you tell it like it is!

Love it here can not complain at all! Love the ocean and maybe a change. At one time we were thinking of Maui, but I would be home sick for my grand puppy!!! I know silly. My ocean is pretty, but, not sooooo blue as in FT. lauderdale.

Thinking of humidity!

Will see!

PS,

This will be a surprise for her( our daughter). She travels all over the world, and calling home is hard with her job. This will be a good thing for her!

How's work going for you?

Sorry Walt got off track we will stick to subject!

I'd love to live by the ocean in sunny California especially in winter. I'm still not working:rolleyes:, haven't even had an interview. Companies are still laying off here at an alarming rate. I hope something happens soon. My condo sure is getting cleaned out.

I'm sorry about the thread drift too. It was my fault for being silly.

U do share so much good info. Trying the new follow feature in Tapatalk out on u. 😊

I'd love to live by the ocean in sunny California especially in winter. I'm still not working:rolleyes:, haven't even had an interview. Companies are still laying off here at an alarming rate. I hope something happens soon. My condo sure is getting cleaned out.

I'm sorry about the thread drift too. It was my fault for being silly.

No do not be silly! Sometimes this is the only way to communicate to a lot of our special CC people!

I did not mean to pry, I just remember how devastating it was for you!

Maybe we can all meet in Ft Lauderdale on a cruise!!

I love so many of you!

Sorry Walt off again!

To the original question Hollywood Beach area for sure for the OP!

No do not be silly! Sometimes this is the only way to communicate to a lot of our special CC people!

I did not mean to pry, I just remember how devastating it was for you!

Maybe we can all meet in Ft Lauderdale on a cruise!!

I love so many of you!

Sorry Walt off again!

To the original question Hollywood Beach area for sure for the OP!

Considering all that's happened in the last 6 months it's been a blessing to be unemployed. I think you need a cruise mid October on the eurodam. It would be great to meet you.

Considering all that's happened in the last 6 months it's been a blessing to be unemployed. I think you need a cruise mid October on the eurodam. It would be great to meet you.

Same here!

Some day!

Happy sailings, and most important good health!

See you