non alcoholic drinks package

moonshine17

Can a non alcoholic drinks package be bought on Nieuw Amsterdam. I wanted one that includes non alcoholic cocktails

Thanks

Yes you can. The last time we tried the package, we bought a $250.00 beverage card for $225.00 and used it for two tea total couples on a 14 day cruise. The net result was that we were drinking a lot of beverages that we ordinarily would not have, trying to use it up.

My recollection is that the discounted beverage card applied to everything, including alcoholic beverages, and we simply didn't order alcohol.

Yes you can. The last time we tried the package, we bought a $250.00 beverage card for $225.00 and used it for two tea total couples on a 14 day cruise. The net result was that we were drinking a lot of beverages that we ordinarily would not have, trying to use it up.

My recollection is that the discounted beverage card applied to everything, including alcoholic beverages, and we simply didn't order alcohol.

They stopped discounting the beverage cards a few years ago.

Edited by POA1

HAL stopped the discounted Beverage cards a long time ago.

You can buy the regular Beverage cards -- $50, $100, or $250 cards and use them for non alcoholic and alcoholic drinks as well as the specialty coffees and teas in the Explorations Café and bottled water.

The only advantage to these cards is that you don't have to keep a bunch of receipts to check over your statement at the end of the cruise. After I get a new receipt, I just toss out the old one. The receipt also shows the 15% gratuity that you pay on all drinks, etc.

Can a non alcoholic drinks package be bought on Nieuw Amsterdam. I wanted one that includes non alcoholic cocktails

Thanks

Here is the current Bar Menu that lists "mocktails" without alcohol:

http://hthttp://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Bar-Menu1.pdftp://

But the bartenders can mix almost anything without the alcohol.

Quote KK: "You can buy the regular Beverage cards -- $50, $100, or $250 cards and use them for non alcoholic ... drinks"

Just for clarification, does "non alcoholic" include sodas? Was going to buy DS the non-alcoholic card and me the soda card but if the NA card includes soda, will buy just the one card (larger amount, of course).

Edited by bcd2010

Quote KK: "You can buy the regular Beverage cards -- $50, $100, or $250 cards and use them for non alcoholic ... drinks"

Just for clarification, does "non alcoholic" include sodas? Was going to buy DS the non-alcoholic card and me the soda card but if the NA card includes soda, will buy just the one card (larger amount, of course).

Yes you can buy any drink with it, including special coffees, water, and definitely soda.

HAL stopped the discounted Beverage cards a long time ago.

You can buy the regular Beverage cards -- $50, $100, or $250 cards and use them for non alcoholic and alcoholic drinks as well as the specialty coffees and teas in the Explorations Café and bottled water.

The only advantage to these cards is that you don't have to keep a bunch of receipts to check over your statement at the end of the cruise. After I get a new receipt, I just toss out the old one. The receipt also shows the 15% gratuity that you pay on all drinks, etc.

I

I just checked the soda cards the other day and they are still discounted. $50.00 for $25.00.

I

I just checked the soda cards the other day and they are still discounted. $50.00 for $25.00.

That is not a "beverage card", however, it's a "soda card".

The difference in terminology matters when you go to purchase the card.

There is also a difference in what soda is given. With the beverage card, you can purchase a can of soda. The soda card allows you to purchase a glass of soda. Sometimes that glass of soda is dispensed from a fountain, other times it's half a can (more or less).

I was wondering about the "soda card," the one you buy for $25, but worth $50 in soda. Can you use that for specialty coffees or anything other than a soda?

Nope. Soda only, and usually fountain soda, at that.

Canned soda is given if the form doesn't come in fountain style (e.g. caffeine free diet Coke).

Nope. Soda only, and usually fountain soda, at that.

Canned soda is given if the form doesn't come in fountain style (e.g. caffeine free diet Coke).

Ruth is correct on the fountain or canned diet Coke, however on the Statendam earlier this year I found the sodas were served in a tall glass. Even with ice the drink was 18 ounces or more.

Thanks for the info on the soda card vs NA beverage card. There would be a savings with the soda card (but a trade off in product, i.e., fountain vs unopened can). I'm thinking it would be used more for the NA drinks and only an occasional soda - don't drink that much soda, water most of the time and we'll be carrying a case on. Unless I can confirm what I think I read here recently that we can order water for $3/6 pack on board.