need to change cruise due to NCL changing our reservation, losing our perks?

Manbo

Unfortunately, by NCL extending our Jan 31 cruise by 2 days, we must reschedule. After 3 calls to NCL, I am being told I must wait until Aug 10 for answers to the following questions:

1. Can I rebook at the same price I paid originally?

2. Do I lose the double Latitudes Points I got for booking early?

3. Does my UBP reflect the old or new gratuity charges?

4. Do I have to pay the new DSC?

Keep in mind, NCL made the change, not us! I am hoping that we can just move 2 weeks earlier, and keep everything as it was. Doesn't seem too much to ask, does it????

In my opinion what you are hoping for is more than fair given the circumstances. If I were you I would be insisting that to receive the perks etc that were with your original booking. If you do not get that from the person you deal with when re-booking I think you should keep escalating the matter higher until you do. It is the cruise line that has made the changes to the original contract, why should you have to give up anything else in order to accommodate them and the adjustments they have made. The onus should be on NCL to make you happy. I feel the same for everyone caught up with the itinerary changes as well.

Best of luck getting everything resolved to your satisfaction.

Rochelle

OP sorry to hear about your booking. I hope it is works out in your favour. If you haven't done so already I would suggest printing off all materials relating to your original booking as a template for you expectations, we've had to fax them in to some office monkey before

Unfortunately, by NCL extending our Jan 31 cruise by 2 days, we must reschedule. After 3 calls to NCL, I am being told I must wait until Aug 10 for answers to the following questions:

Keep in mind, NCL made the change, not us! I am hoping that we can just move 2 weeks earlier, and keep everything as it was. Doesn't seem too much to ask, does it????

I just called to reschedule our week long Mexican Rivera 2017 cruise. I moved to a month earlier. Everything transferred as I had it booked and even saved $800 on the fare. The ultimate packages we had booked (in a suite) were the newer packages with the device charge. Can't answer to that aspect.

Hope it works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were you I wouldn't worry about this too much; just relax and see what they say next Monday. I am sure it will work out for you or at least you will get some compensation. You are right, they changed the dates, not you.

If I were you I wouldn't worry about this too much; just relax and see what they say next Monday. I am sure it will work out for you or at least you will get some compensation. You are right, they changed the dates, not you.

My only concern is if NCL doesn't honor my previous reservation price and perks, I just may "Jump Ship" and do RC from Baltimore to San Juan and right now the flights are pretty reasonable!

My only concern is if NCL doesn't honor my previous reservation price and perks, I just may "Jump Ship" and do RC from Baltimore to San Juan and right now the flights are pretty reasonable!

don't blame you, but it isn't going to do any good to worry or even be concerned right now; you will have your answer in less than a week. good luck, I can't believe they will not make some adjustments and allow you a chance to get what you thought you were booking.

There seems to be a great deal of inconsistency from NCL towards customers whose sailings they have altered.

Our 8th October 2016 sailing on Jade has been cancelled by NCL. We have only been offered the opportunity to transfer at the current fare and keep the promo of UBP that we have, to one of 4 sailings on Jade in Sept 2016. We have not been offered the option of transferring to the previous weeks sailing departing on 1st October.

We can transfer to any other sailing but only at current fares and will lose our UBP.

However, we have been told that we cannot make any changes until 17th August at the earliest.

There seems to be a great deal of inconsistency from NCL towards customers whose sailings they have altered.

Our 8th October 2016 sailing on Jade has been cancelled by NCL. We have only been offered the opportunity to transfer at the current fare and keep the promo of UBP that we have, to one of 4 sailings on Jade in Sept 2016. We have not been offered the option of transferring to the previous weeks sailing departing on 1st October.

We can transfer to any other sailing but only at current fares and will lose our UBP.

However, we have been told that we cannot make any changes until 17th August at the earliest.

I think it's very much a lottery, who you get on the phone.

Iam in the same boat as you since our Jade cruise was cancelled. This posters cruise wasn't cancelled, just shortened. So sounds like they got different options. I also heard that cruisers on the Star?/Dawn? Are able to book their same dates and protect their price, but on the Jade which we have been booted from. It doesn't seem fair. It should just be treated as a port change for us, since the itinerary would have been the same,