Waterproof day bag

iowacruiser10

We head out on our Alaskan adventure later this month and I'm looking for some advice on waterproof day bags. Our cruise departs in early September so I'm preparing for some rain and the last of my preparations is trying to figure out how to carry my camera on our excursions and protect it (as much as possible) from the water.

I've researched a few bags and found the pacsafe (Camsafe V9) to be perfect but a little pricey. Just wondering if there are any other suggestions or bags I should look into.

Thanks in advance!

We head out on our Alaskan adventure later this month and I'm looking for some advice on waterproof day bags. Our cruise departs in early September so I'm preparing for some rain and the last of my preparations is trying to figure out how to carry my camera on our excursions and protect it (as much as possible) from the water.

I've researched a few bags and found the pacsafe (Camsafe V9) to be perfect but a little pricey. Just wondering if there are any other suggestions or bags I should look into.

Thanks in advance!

Ahh, the never-ending quest to find the perfect camera bag... I know it well.

You have a ton of options at all different price points. Any Lowepro bag with "AW" in the name has an all-weather cover-- they're probably your cheapest option. Most Tenba and Think Tank Photo bags have rain covers as well (though Think Tank is pricey). Clik Elite and F-Stop Gear are outdoorsy camera bag brands, if you're going to be hiking or need to carry a hydration bladder. You can also go on B&H's website and filter for bags that have rain covers:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=Features_Rain-Cover&ci=174&N=4075788795+4115872515

big ziplock

cheap and use once and toss away . . . put it in any other bag (not waterproof) for easy carrying

it is as fancy as I got when I worked in the Aleutians and Bering Sea

Ziplock bags are the best and they also help prevent condensation on the lens when going from air conditioned ships into the heat.