Conquest Muster Drill

cruisergal 1

What time is the muster drill on the Conquest usually held? Should we do the Meet & Greet before or after the Muster Drill?

When I was last on the Conquest in September, it was still in Miami, and that safety drill was held around 3:30 PM. Sailaway was around 4.

As for the M&G, when to hold it depends, to some degree, on how grandiose the plans are. If it's a small, quickie session, you can hold it at 2:30 or 3 and still make it in time before everything else shuts down. On the other end, some people might have their own plans for the sailaway, which I have found usually occurs right after the drill. I suspect you're better off quizzing the people in your roll call about what time they want to gather.

Between 3:30 and 3:45pm.

As far the M & G, I have found that if you hold it during sail away, most people will not attend. IMHO around 2pm is best and has always been well attended.

We have always done it just after muster and if an active roll call will be well attended.

2pm will find some not yet on the ship and others on but having lunch and getting settled.

Many have had another one the first seaday.

We have always done the M&G after muster.

That way everyone is on board and has had time to go to their cabins. They can spend a little time or more as they choose. They will know the time and can't be involved in other activities. Depending on where you locate the event they can stay and enjoy sail away during that time as well.

Thx everyone for your replies. I have organized many M & G's, both before and after the muster drill. This will just be an informal gathering, as there are over 30 people on our roll call, but not very active, and I don't get many responses when I asked when and where they want the M & G to be held. So I guess I'll make the executive decision, based on your replies....

We have always done Meet and Greets the next day, which seems to be an at sea day many times. It is so much easier planning it that way instead of trying to get together on embarkation day. I think you'll get a better turn out the next day.

• 3 months later...

On the Conquest is the muster drill done in one of the lounges or standing outside like sardines near the lifeboats?

Also if it is outside Anyone know WHY? Since all the other Carnival ships have it in the lounges

Thx

"All" the other ships do NOT have it in the lounge!

It is supposed to be near the lifeboats that you will use in an emergency.

The Conquest had it outside by the lifeboats.

The Spirit Class ships also hold it outside by the lifeboats.

Perhaps some of the larger ships hold it in the lounges??

Not sure why as you wouldn't be in a lounge in an emergency!

"All" the other ships do NOT have it in the lounge!

It is supposed to be near the lifeboats that you will use in an emergency.

The Conquest had it outside by the lifeboats.

The Spirit Class ships also hold it outside by the lifeboats.

Perhaps some of the larger ships hold it in the lounges??

Not sure why as you wouldn't be in a lounge in an emergency!

I asked the ?? Because I read this from another post "We just got off the Dream yesterday and as of last Sunday, November 8, everyone was required to participate in the muster drill. This one was conducted a little different from our previous ones and seemed to go much smoother. Our muster station was in the Crimson MDR and it was full.

Wanted to see if they were changing to having them in lounges on the Conquest too

I asked the ?? Because I read this from another post "We just got off the Dream yesterday and as of last Sunday, November 8, everyone was required to participate in the muster drill. This one was conducted a little different from our previous ones and seemed to go much smoother. Our muster station was in the Crimson MDR and it was full.

Wanted to see if they were changing to having them in lounges on the Conquest too

Your original post wasnt phrased as a question but as a fact. You ascribed the muster process to be the same for ALL ships based on what you read in one post about the process of one ship. All passengers have ALWAYS had to attend the muster drill as conducted on the ship they are sailing.

You misinterpreted was was being stated in the post you quoted.

Your original post wasnt phrased as a question but as a fact. You ascribed the muster process to be the same for ALL ships based on what you read in one post about the process of one ship. All passengers have ALWAYS had to attend the muster drill as conducted on the ship they are sailing.

You misinterpreted was was being stated in the post you quoted.

Oh well EXCUSE ME for using All and not being more specific....I guess I should of said On A Lot instead of All 😆😆

Here's what I also found:

On Destiny class ships, the muster drill is held outside, adjacent to the lifeboats. On Dream class ships, it's held inside at various venues and a video is shown directing you to where you'll board the lifeboats, should you need it. On Fantasy class ships, the beginning portion of the drill is held inside at various venues (except for 1 muster station which is on the Lido Deck) and then you're led up to your lifeboat.