Bring ur own Water & soda?

Yurita

I don’t know when this change occurred, but the Princess policy now states NO bottled water or cans of soda are to be brought aboard. This is what it says in the Princess answer book from the Princess web site on 10/5/2015.

“Liquor, spirits, beer, bottled water and canned or bottled soda are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol or any beverages outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.”

I wonder if Princess has changed the price for their bottled water on board.

Carnival lowered there bottled water prices. I can't remember the price but its not worth it to bring your own. I would think princess will do the same. This will help with boarding as they won't have to check peoples water. They also eliminate one way of smuggling booze on board.

Carnival lowered there bottled water prices. I can't remember the price but its not worth it to bring your own. I would think princess will do the same. This will help with boarding as they won't have to check peoples water. They also eliminate one way of smuggling booze on board.

$2.99 per 12 pack. Order in advance (delivered to your cabin) or once on board

27926-profile.png

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar free ice creams)

It was posted on another thread that Princess will start offering bottled water by the case and/or in a package soon. (Information purportedly gleaned from a TA or a site that can't be linked on here)

So as of this Saturday, I can still bring water on board?

27926-profile.png

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar free ice creams)

Not according to the Cruise Answer Book (p.20) where the rule mentioned in post #26 above came from:

https://book.princess.com/images/cc/brochure/downloads/Princess_Cruise_Answer_Book.pdf

And nowhere in the Answer Book or on the Princess website does it say

Policy states in begins in 2016.

(which applies to the increase in DSC but apparanetly not to the other new polices, enforcement of which will be tested by those like you on the next sailings)

I spoke to Princess this week. The policy begins in 2016. Yes, you may bring your water and canned drinks on board this Saturday.

See you on board.

Thanks for the information about bottled water ($2.99/12). Still more expensive than what I can buy it for but worth the hassle.

Where did you find the information about being able to purchase bottled water for $2.99 per 12 pack? I would like to order in advance.

That is Carnival's price.

Princess pricing is not yet known and you cannot yet order.

I will have to call Princess. I'm going on a cruise to Mexico and want the bottled water to take when I go onshore. Since the Grand is close to my home, bringing water onboard would not be an issue.

Margaret

If princess does not allow bottled water to be brought on board it would be an issue. They will take it from you on boarding. If they allow you to bring it on board they would have to allow everyone else. Looks like your only option is to buy a bottle on board and take it onshore.

Looks like your only option is to buy a bottle on board and take it onshore.

Or do what we do - bring good water bottles (ours are stainless steel) with us and load them up with ice and water from the ship. We have Contigo bottles and the ice remains more than 12 hours. They were $20 for 2 at Costco so they pay for themselves quickly and water as cold at the end of a long excursion as it was at the beginning is wonderful.

Edited by capriccio

I will have to call Princess. I'm going on a cruise to Mexico and want the bottled water to take when I go onshore. Since the Grand is close to my home, bringing water onboard would not be an issue.

Since you are sailing before January 1, you should have no problem.

If Princess added canned soda to their soda package I would be fine with the new policy. Their fountain stuff is crap. Most of the time the balance is totally off and it is either tasteless or flat. I can't stand flat soda. I think it was Celebrity that did do cans on the soda package.

Either way, on the world cruise next January at whatever price times 111 days, I don't think I am buying a soda package. multiply whatever the package cost is by 111 days and you just have one expensive addiction.

I also am trying to get off so much aspartame. I have been a Diet Pepsi girl for some time, and now they use sucralose. If I can't bring on Diet Pepsi I will just make iced green and mint tea in the fridge. They have mint tea bags and green tea bags, so that should work.