Change dining preference online??

chill6x6

15 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

DH and I will be in a Neptune Suite on the Zaandam.  We booked a September 2024 cruise in March 2023 and have been waitlisted for early seating.  So much for Suite preference 🙄 

We are also considering switching to Anytime (Is that the right name?) Dining for convenience. Most of our port calls depart by 5 PM, but several are later.  Although I enjoy having the same waitstaff and table-mates every night, I would not like to have to rush back to the ship to get ready for early dining.

Is early seating at 5:30 PM?  What time is late seating? 

This is a very old thread you bumped.

If you are on a Collectors cruise (2 separate cruises together), fixed dining seems to be waitlisted on those for whatever stupid reason.  but, since you are in a Neptune Suite, you should get your preference.

Early seating is usually 5:30 or 5:45 pm.  As of late, I’ve mostly seen 5:30pm

Main dining aka Late Seating ranges on different cruises.  It’s usually 8 pm but I have seen it at 7:45, 8 and 8:15 pm but primarily at 8 pm or 7:45.

If you like fixed dining, stick with it.  You can use specialty restaurants for your later ports if you choose.  The other option would be to ask if you can do open seating that night as the port is late (and not lose your fixed dining).  We were able to do that a couple of times on the smaller ships.  One of the benefits of them is they are more personalized.

And, your NS on the Zaandam will be larger than on the Vista, Signature or Pinnacle Class and the Neptune experience a bit more personalized since there are so few of them.  Have a great cruise 🙂 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kazu said:

And, your NS on the Zaandam will be larger than on the Vista, Signature or Pinnacle Class and the Neptune experience a bit more personalized since there are so few of them.  Have a great cruise 🙂 

On the Zaandam and Volendam the Neptune suites are larger (IMO).  The Neptune Lounge is a nicer experience IMO as there are FAR fewer Neptune passengers having access to it (about 50%).  Unless things have changed recently, you do not even have to use your cabin card for entry as the Neptune staff quickly learns who should have access.  Also, the passengers I have met in the Lounge seem to be friendlier and more open to conversation for some reason.

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

On the Zaandam and Volendam the Neptune suites are larger (IMO).  The Neptune Lounge is a nicer experience IMO as there are FAR fewer Neptune passengers having access to it (about 50%).  Unless things have changed recently, you do not even have to use your cabin card for entry as the Neptune staff quickly learns who should have access.  Also, the passengers I have met in the Lounge seem to be friendlier and more open to conversation for some reason.

Is the Neptune Lounge open for all meals?  Do you need a fixed dining time or a reservation to eat there? (This will only be my second HAL cruise, my first on Zaandam and my first in a Neptune Suite).