D+ concierge question

Hi, will be traveling the AOS in two weeks aboard a JuniorSuite. My niece (20 years old) is a D+ and the rest of us are Platinum. I was wondering if all the people in the JS are allowed to use the CL given her D+ status and our luggage tag says D+. Thanks!

Hi, will be traveling the AOS in two weeks aboard a JuniorSuite. My niece (20 years old) is a D+ and the rest of us are Platinum. I was wondering if all the people in the JS are allowed to use the CL given her D+ status and our luggage tag says D+. Thanks!

JS cabins do not have Concierge Club privileges and Guests 21 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

Edited by cruisenfever

JS cabins do not have Concierge Club privileges and Guests 21 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

Thanks. But my question is if i will be given access to the CL since she is staying with me on the same cabin. We are aware the JS does not include the CL perks but being a D+ does. Thanks!

Thanks. But my question is if i will be given access to the CL since she is staying with me on the same cabin. We are aware the JS does not include the CL perks but being a D+ does. Thanks!

Unfortunately you will not since you stated that you are a Platinum Member in your first post. Only Suite Guests (those in a GS or higher)/D+/PC Members are eligible to use the CL. Being in the same cabin has no bearing on who can and can not use the lounge. Your C&A level does.

Edited by cruisenfever

Unfortunately you will not since you stated that you are a Platinum Member in your first post. Only Suite Guests (those in a GS or higher)/D+/PC Members are eligible to use the CL. Being in the same cabin has no bearing on who can and can not use the lounge. Your C&A level does.

Thanks!

nope. JS do not have access to the CL at all. only she would be allowed in the D lounge. Royal does not extend privileges to cabin mates.

again no. you must be D+ in your own right or staying in a full suite.

I just contacted RCCL and they told me we would have all the benefits including CL access. I'll let you know how it goes once we board...

The link I provided above is current and it's unfortunate that many of the reps that work at RCI have never been on a cruise or don't even know their own policies. I bet if you called again, you would get a different answer.:D

I just contacted RCCL and they told me we would have all the benefits including CL access. I'll let you know how it goes once we board...

More misinformation from an RCI rep who has probably never set foot on a ship and has no idea what the policies are.

You are not in a full suite. You are not Diamond Plus. Why would you have any expectation of a benefit that you have neither earned nor paid for? If everyone who was cruising with a friend brought that friend to the lounge, there would literally be no room for those of us that have legitimately earned that privilege. We often cruise with our best friends who are Platinum. We have never even thought of taking them to the Diamond Lounge, or to share our free drinks on our Sea Pass card with them. To me that would be just plain wrong.

Edited by cello56

I think you're setting yourself up to be highly embarrassed when you get kicked out of the lounge. We all know how much to believe what the CS reps say as they are often wrong. If I don't have it in writing, it's not happening - even then.

I might have this wrong:confused::confused:, but since your niece is not yet 21, even if she is D+ herself, I don't think she would be allowed in the CL or DL during the evening cocktail time unless her D+ parent/guardian is accompanying her. She would have access to the lounges during other times. I believe only D+ pax over 21 get the 3 cocktail time drink vouchers as well, so if she's only 20 she won't get that benefit either.

We've seen kids under 21 allowed in the CL with their parents if cruising in full suites. We haven't seen it in the DL, although I think there may be exceptions on a ship by ship basis.

Judy

I thought these forums were more friendly. I just asked a simple question. You don't need to attack me for requesting information.

I am not trying to take advantage of her D+ status, nor I would try to gain access to the CL if I am not allowed. I have cruised with my niece before (on balcony cabins) and have been able to access the CL with my own card, given her D+ status without problem. Since the last time we cruised was 2013, and so many changes happening, I was wondering if this too, changed. People really need to chill. If you cannot answer a simple question without being rude or disrespectful, then please don't.

I thought these forums were more friendly. I just asked a simple question. You don't need to attack me for requesting information.

I am not trying to take advantage of her D+ status, nor I would try to gain access to the CL if I am not allowed. I have cruised with my niece before (on balcony cabins) and have been able to access the CL with my own card, given her D+ status without problem. Since the last time we cruised was 2013, and so many changes happening, I was wondering if this too, changed. People really need to chill. If you cannot answer a simple question without being rude or disrespectful, then please don't.

Unfortunately, these boards are not friendly. Sorry for this, I often get the pleasure of experiencing this myself. To answer your question, only D+ can get into the CL lounge and D and D+ can get into the D lounge. As you stated a junior suite will not provide access to anything and only offers an extra credit for your cruise. Maybe your niece will offer you a drink or two from her 3 drink nightly coupon and you two can enjoy this in a separate lounge. Have fun on your cruise boriqua.

Unfortunately, these boards are not friendly. Sorry for this, I often get the pleasure of experiencing this myself. To answer your question, only D+ can get into the CL lounge and D and D+ can get into the D lounge. As you stated a junior suite will not provide access to anything and only offers an extra credit for your cruise. Maybe your niece will offer you a drink or two from her 3 drink nightly coupon and you two can enjoy this in a separate lounge. Have fun on your cruise boriqua.

Thanks! But she's 20, she won't be getting any free drinks. We'll just buy the drink packages that best suits us.

I might have this wrong:confused::confused:, but since your niece is not yet 21, even if she is D+ herself, I don't think she would be allowed in the CL or DL during the evening cocktail time unless her D+ parent/guardian is accompanying her. She would have access to the lounges during other times. I believe only D+ pax over 21 get the 3 cocktail time drink vouchers as well, so if she's only 20 she won't get that benefit either.

We've seen kids under 21 allowed in the CL with their parents if cruising in full suites. We haven't seen it in the DL, although I think there may be exceptions on a ship by ship basis.

Judy

I am never sure if the cut off is 18 or 21. especially since 'adult only' can be 16( solarium) , 18( lounges after a certain hour and the adult only shows) or 21( drinking in most instances)

OFFICIALLY, the last update permitted children in the CL after much complaint by Suit Pax but made no changes to access in the DL for cocktail hour.

UNOFFICIALLY. as far as DL access, you will not know until you actually board whether or not kids will be granted access with or without parental accompaniment

I think you will find that since her niece is under 21 she will not get the 3 drink credits loaded onto her SeaPass card.

Ill-informed RCI customer service reps strike again. :rolleyes: Just don't be disappointed when you are not provided with access to the CL due to your (not your cabinmate's C&A status.

As your niece under 21 and can not drink during cocktail hour, apart from getting coffee during the day time why do you want access ?

Breakfast, internet access, tour reservations, that kinda thing. We have always received excellent service from previous concierges and like the way they help us every time. My son has autism and it is a lot easier to use the concierge for dinner reservations, tour reservations etc., instead of Guest Services. We booked the JS since there was nothing else available. We were looking for a GS or higher but, unfortunately there was nothing available.

So, that's the reason why I was asking. Not because we want free drinks. But because it could make our time more enjoyable by avoiding certain hassles.

Thanks for asking.