The Great Adventure! VISION OF THE SEAS 12-Night Med Cruise: A Full PICTORIAL Review!

We also browsed through the aisles just kind of checking out what Spanish supermarkets are like and it was so interesting that they had so many fresh items at such reasonable prices (freshly made sangria for €1 a glass, paella for €2, fresh fruit cups for €1, even the cronut craze has made its way to Spain and you could pick one up in the supermarket for €2.75). We picked up some cava to enjoy back at the room, as well as some pastries to have for breakfast the next morning.

DSC_0365.jpg

IMG_5893.jpg

IMG_5895.jpg

DSC_0366.jpg

I noticed that some of the honey I bought in Montserrat was leaking in one of my bags, which was kind of a downer, so we grabbed some extra plastic bags at the supermarket and headed out to pick up some last souvvies in Las Ramblas before hopping in a cab for a quick ride back to the hotel.

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

I wanted to take a walk through Montjuic, but Mom and Stephanie were absolutely exhausted, so we compromised on walking around the courtyard.

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

We could even see Las Ramblas from the hotel! The views from Montjuic were really amazing.

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0388.jpg

And as we were walking along the perimeter of the courtyard, we noticed that our cruise ship was already docked!

DSC_0393.jpg

Mom and Stephanie went back to the room to start re-packing their luggage for embarkation, but I lingered outside for just a little while longer, wishing we had one more day to explore Barcelona.

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

I headed back to the room before the sunset (…at 9:30 pm…) to get some packing done and take a shower. BBC News was the only English television station, so I spent the rest of the evening out on the terrace, staring out at the lights of the harbor. The Barcelona portion of our trip was drawing to a close, but we had two weeks of new places to explore ahead of us.

IMG_5908.jpg

I can't tell you how much this review is making me smile ... It's definitely one of the best I've ever read. Keep up the great work! :)

Awww getting replies like this makes ME smile! Thank you so much for following along!!!

Great review.......that meal looks awesome!......our trip dies not include barcelona but I feel like i've been there just by looking at your pictures!

Well then mission accomplished! :D

Outstanding writing and pictures! Looking forward to the rest of your review! :)

Thank you! :D

Really enjoying your review. Photos are amazing and love the commentary. Such a joy to follow along. Thanks for all time and effort in putting this together. I love touring the world without leaving the house. ;)

Gwen :)

Me, too! :D Thanks, Gwen!

DSC_0370.jpg

You took a photo of the apartment building we will be staying in prior to our October 7 cruise. :)

We'll have the fourth floor apartment with the curved window and the two street facing balconies. We'll be in BCN for five nights prior to our cruise.

Thanks for the fun review (preview of our trip).

In a way, La Boqueria kind of reminds me of Pike Place Market in Seattle, which I know you are visiting soon! All out food pictures are making my mouth water

I am loving this review so so much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love your review. We are on Sept. 25th sailing and will spend 2 1/2 days pre cruise in Barcelona! I got so excited when you said you were on full day tour with Barcelona Day Tours - we will be on same tour and your review made it that much more real! Thank you for taking the time to do this review. Will be "sailing" along with you through the rest of your review.

I am so enjoying your review. Thank you so much for posting.

Thank you for following along!! :)

Love your review ! We will be going on this cruise on in six weeks and also transiting through Heathrow, so your helpful hints are much appreciated

Glad to hear it! :D

You took a photo of the apartment building we will be staying in prior to our October 7 cruise. :)

We'll have the fourth floor apartment with the curved window and the two street facing balconies. We'll be in BCN for five nights prior to our cruise.

Thanks for the fun review (preview of our trip).

That's a cool coincidence! GREAT location you'll have there!

In a way, La Boqueria kind of reminds me of Pike Place Market in Seattle, which I know you are visiting soon! All out food pictures are making my mouth water

I am loving this review so so much!

Haha yep! Getting sent out to Seattle again for work next weekend! Hopefully the rain that's forcasted will stay away -- I want to get back to Pike Place!

I was supposed to be out in Seattle this week but my VP is (another hilarious coincidence) on a European cruise and we're on a travel freeze until he gets back, so I go out to Seattle Sunday through Thursday, fly back to O'Hare to catch a plane to Florida for the Labor Day weekend. It's going to be a longggggg week!

Great review thanks for posting.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Thanks for reading along!

hello yes this is awesome we are doing the med next year. I have been to Italy but we want to see Spain and yes this is leaving me waiting for more!!!

Glad to hear it! Should have more for you tonight and tomorrow!

Love it! !st thread I have ever subscribed to.

Well I am honored to be your first subscribed thread! :D

Love your review. We are on Sept. 25th sailing and will spend 2 1/2 days pre cruise in Barcelona! I got so excited when you said you were on full day tour with Barcelona Day Tours - we will be on same tour and your review made it that much more real! Thank you for taking the time to do this review. Will be "sailing" along with you through the rest of your review.

You will LOVE your tour with Barcelona Day Tours! We're already looking at tours to do next May when we do our next Eurotrip!

Thanks for reading along! It inspires me to write more knowing that people are enjoying it and following along!

Glad to hear it! Should have more for you tonight and tomorrow!

That's what I believe is called a " tease"

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

It's also called "I have tickets to see Dirty Dancing: the Musical in a half hour so I better scoot my patootie out of my apartment!" :D