Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

I agree with duct tape.

I don't read the water cooler often and have just found that mysty has been posting about the cruise. There would be others like me that would like to follow along.

How do you know who isn't reading her posts? Many people say one thing and behave completely differently, don't they ;) The cooler is the most widely viewed thread on SS CC and both you and DT found it promptly as many others do. I mean no disrespect but Mysty can post where she chooses and not have to pander to those that simply seem to wish the cooler harm by disrespecting it and it's regular contributing inmates.

I do genuinely take your point but the reason why Mysty plucked up courage and posted on CC in the first place was solely due to the cooler against the background of less than friendly and congenial behaviour by some elsewhere, and she posts here because this is where she was welcomed and where she made friends. I suspect that one reason is that she can post comments here and not have to justify or explain. In any case. she indicated she might post here and in her own thread as and when she fancies.

:)

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Oooh! I bought one of those from Amazon on Flack Friday and wrapped it up and gave it to the wife as an xmas gift for her to moan about to all her friends and family at "what I've been bought". It wasnt really an xmas gift... just a tease! But yes we love it too. Chips are superb! Got any recipes?

I use the airfryer for almost everything. Where do I start.

This mornings croissants, pies, sausage rolls, last nights sausage sandwich, small roasts, char siu, scampi, fish fingers, chicken pieces, roast pots, baked pots, etc etc.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Quote: I use the airfryer for almost everything. Where do I start?

Question: What about Tempura??? Does it work with the light batter and no oil?

No, you cannot use freshly battered items as it isn't a deep fat fryer. It's an oven where the air cirulates under as well as around the items.

Very good for frozen fish in batter though .... tastes just like a fish and chip shop.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Oh our pre packed frozen battered stuff is truly gross...

would an air fryer work if I pre fried?

Pre-fried in batter is what I meant. Because the air circulates all around it, excess oil drips off and it's crisp underneath as well as round the sides and on top. Frozen fish is mostly better and fresher than "fresh" fish. So fish in batter pre-fried is perfect. If you pre-fried though - why would you then airfry?

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Not here...

our frozen fish comes in a box and tastes 3 weeks old...

guess down under we get spoiled.. when dad brings in his haul fresh from his day out it takes some beating

That's a shame. You are lucky to have a dad that goes fishing. I remember always hearing in Sydney that the main complaint is that the fish market export all the best fish and keep and import substandard stuff.

In the UK we are lucky in that we get very good supermarket frozen fish and you cannot detect it isn't fresh. I really only buy frozen fish now as it's frozen on the boats. I also buy pre-fried fish in batter which is wonderful.

Jeff

Interesting to read about the air fryer.....l use the Marks battered fish at times so this sounds ideal...l also use the Tesco fresh hand cut chips which would obviously do well too Jeff?

It's been a bad morning, Father has been to the hospital with severe vascular problems and we have been told there is nothing that can be done for him due to his age and poor health. Very sad and quite a shock.

Looking at some of the discussions on the boards today it does tend to put things into perspective. From a cooler point of view....I think Mysty is more than capable of choosing where to post.

Sophia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sophia - ditto to what jp says. Once you have enough money to eat, have clothes to wear, and somewhere to live, the only really important thing is health - which you realise as you get older. We are all inclined to be frivolous on these boards, and why not, but every now and again remember that it is of little importance in the long run.

Kind thoughts to you and your family.

Lola

Interesting to read about the air fryer.....l use the Marks battered fish at times so this sounds ideal...l also use the Tesco fresh hand cut chips which would obviously do well too Jeff?

It's been a bad morning, Father has been to the hospital with severe vascular problems and we have been told there is nothing that can be done for him due to his age and poor health. Very sad and quite a shock.

Looking at some of the discussions on the boards today it does tend to put things into perspective. From a cooler point of view....I think Mysty is more than capable of choosing where to post.

Sophia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Desperatly bad news re the progressing story about dad. I hope things work out ok and it's impact.

All airfryer stuff is a matter of trying as the instructions are useless.

Jeff

Thanks one and all for your lovely comments and support. :) I will attempt to post in the 2016 WC thread and of course, I will continue to post here. Likely the cooler may have more in depth reporting.

Today we are in Lima. We have an early evening ship excursion called "A Night Out In Lima" which will include dinner at Casa Aliaga. Hope to get some food pics!

Have a great day all!

Hi M,

Your last piccies were very good!

Enjoy your dinner .... and practice your Limaricks ......

:D

Jeff

Thanks J! Hopefully I can continue to please with Frances working hard to capture the wonders of our world. :)

Family brag time ...

Last night my son-in-law, who has previously bowled a 299, 298, 290, and 289, bowled his first 300 game.

A picture with my seven year old granddaughter was chosen to be on a Jones Soda label ...

ImageUploadedByForums1452890307.278588.jpg.94b81eeafbe2590fda761274b7863b72.jpg

did you get hammered today like we did? Our bathroom skylight blew away, for a while you could take a shower without turning the water on. :(

V8Babe: Sophia' date=' sending special thoughts your way. Karin [/quote']

Glad that Mark has an excellent "sense of humor" dealing with such a serious home challenge. Yes, you can save both water and money when needing to be taking such a shower under those conditions. Congrats on the bowling success, Jones bottle fame, etc.

Yes, best wishes and thoughts for Sophia. Loved Jeff's nice food pictures, etc. The "air fryer" stuff is way above my modest microwave-level cooking skills. Sounds interesting!! Sounds challenging with the weather in Florida.

Been busy continuing to get ready for our first visit to Africa. Only ten days till we depart. Lots has been prepared, but much more to do. Am having breakfast this morning with a long-time friend who just got back from South Africa, cruising near Botswana, etc. Plus, did three local TV show tapings during the past day and a half discussing the Thursday GOP Presidential debate, Tuesday's State of the Union speech and other state political issues. It's good to be busy, working with the media and having varied projects and things to get done!! It helps keep you focused and be organized to get more accomplished. Plus, produce a little money in still be working, etc., to fund these future travels.

Plus, a concert in Columbus tonight with a famed music artist from the UK. More later!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 133,475 views for this posting.