Carnival Sunshine 8/8/15 8 day sailing review with pics

jimbo5544

following with great interest - we are sailing Oct 23rd and would love to see recent pictures of the Sunshine, we are very familiar with Conquest Class ships and the Triumph, but not the Sunshine

I downloaded my pictures last night and was a little disappointed in the number I took (vs what I normally shoot on a cruise), I took about 200. I have asked others in our group to allow me to use their pics, so hoping for a greater variety at the least. That being said, I think I have a fairly good mix as well as some other pics I took of the ship when we slept over on her for the naming ceremony in 2013 which I will be drawing on (interiors mostly) for some of this review. If you are looking for something specific and don't see it, please ask and if I have something I will post it.

We'll i am looking at the pride April of 2016. Lol

Funny you should mention that, we were talking last night about possibly doing the Pride again (4th time overall but 1st since the dry dock) this coming April. Which sailing are you considering?

... When are we going to cruise together? Knocked another one off the list of people here I want to cruise with (Tom and Cheryl) on this sailing.

Hey, I resemble that remark !!

Very much enjoyed meeting the two of you guys at the Diamond party. It's amazing that I didn't see you again until debarkation morning - but that speaks to all the things one can do onboard !!

Looking forward to reliving some of that fun week in your review. :)

Tom

Hey, I resemble that remark !!

Very much enjoyed meeting the two of you guys at the Diamond party. It's amazing that I didn't see you again until debarkation morning - but that speaks to all the things one can do onboard !!

Looking forward to reliving some of that fun week in your review. :)

Tom

LOL, yes you do! I did see you one other time as you were being marched through the MDR on the way to kitchen as part of the Chef's Table, but you did not see us....

Edited by jimbo5544

Looking forward to your review. We are trying to decide between the sunshine or the dream out of New Orleans for spring break. New Orleans is a lot closer to us but sunshine has the ropes course and other upgrades and my son really wants to do that.

Looking forward to your review. We are trying to decide between the sunshine or the dream out of New Orleans for spring break. New Orleans is a lot closer to us but sunshine has the ropes course and other upgrades and my son really wants to do that.

Hopefully the review will assist in helping you make the decision. We have been on both and enjoyed them both. Of course you are correct, there are some Fun 2.0 features on the Sunshine that are not on the Dream. Feel free to ask any questions along the way.

Enjoying your review so far. I have the Country Inn Suites booked for my cruise in April. They say to call the day before we arrive to book our shuttle to the port for the next mornig. Is it going to be a mass of people waiting for the hotel shuttle or do you think I should book my own private shuttle and not have to deal with the masses. We like to get an early start to the port. We want to leave the hotel by 10 a.m.

Enjoying your review so far. I have the Country Inn Suites booked for my cruise in April. They say to call the day before we arrive to book our shuttle to the port for the next mornig. Is it going to be a mass of people waiting for the hotel shuttle or do you think I should book my own private shuttle and not have to deal with the masses. We like to get an early start to the port. We want to leave the hotel by 10 a.m.

It was not as bad as the Radisson was the previous trip. If you call ahead you will be fine.

Looking forward to your review. DH and I are fixing to book a cruise for next year with our parents and they both want to go to Aruba and Curacao. We have never traveled to those ports either so I can't wait to see what you thought about them and what activities y'all did.

Well, that railing looks like I could almost reach out and lean on it!

Tom

I just got home and looked at the folder. I need to retrCt, it is from another camera (my brother's) a Nikon D750, don't know the lense.

Looking forward to your review. DH and I are fixing to book a cruise for next year with our parents and they both want to go to Aruba and Curacao. We have never traveled to those ports either so I can't wait to see what you thought about them and what activities y'all did.

I should get to at least Aruba tonight I hope, curaçao will probably be the day after. We did something different in Aruba and one of the cruise highlights. Stay tuned!

After we boarded the ship, we headed up to our room to drop off our carry on bags. For those who have not seen the interior of a Captains Suite, here are some pics. This is from inside the bedroom looking back across the wall with the TV back towards the door.

http://i61.tinypic.com/huk6jk.jpg[/img