Flight changed, do I have enough time?

JimLahey

This is for my return flight home...I had a 12:30pm flight from FLL, the airline changed it to 10:25am

The ship (Allure of the Seas) supposed to pull back into port at 6:30..should be no problem issue making flight home, right?

Call the airline & change it to a later flight

Just because the ship docks at 6:30 does not mean people are getting off then

Is this AC now Rouge flight???

Actually the RCI website says it pulls in at 5:30am, was looking on another travel site that said 6:30am

Keep same flight = 5 hours to get home + no Rouge

Later flight = 9 hours + Rouge :(

This is for my return flight home...I had a 12:30pm flight from FLL, the airline changed it to 10:25am

The ship (Allure of the Seas) supposed to pull back into port at 6:30..should be no problem issue making flight home, right?

IF you are in the first group leaving the ship (usually the "walk offs"), you arrive on time in the port, the customs line on the pier is not too long and assuming the taxi line is not too bad, you should be able to make it. The airport is only a 10-15 minute ride from the pier. We have been at the gate at 9 AM on previous cruises.

HOWEVER, many things can go wrong and you might miss your flight, so I would talk to the airline ahead of time and find out what your options are if you do miss it. Since they are the ones that changed your flight times, they normally are more willing to work with you than if you had made the changes. Knowing ahead of time what to expect and what your options are if you do miss your flight is critical IMO.

Allure will be the first ship into port and usually gets in on time, if not early. As long as your cruise is not the transatlantic, disembarking usually starts before 7am. If you are talking about the TA, then book the later flight, the ship always takes a lot longer to clear customs when it returns to the states after being overseas.

I would also check with your airline and see how soon you have to be checked in since you are headed to Canada.

If you self disembark, you can make the earlier flight as long as the ship gets to port on time. I would also have a plan B though so if you have to reschedule flights, you have all the information ready and can rebook before you even get off the ship.

Actually the RCI website says it pulls in at 5:30am, was looking on another travel site that said 6:30am

Keep same flight = 5 hours to get home + no Rouge

Later flight = 9 hours + Rouge :(

Tough choice

I think you need to check in 2+ hrs at the airport

Good luck with the decision

But if the cruise line doesn't think you will make your flight, they look after getting you on a later flight and it doesn't become your problem.

The OP can just call the airline & get on the later flight ...no problem either

:D

Edited by LHT28