starboard vs port side

ginger123snaps

Is there any specific reason why one would choose a room on starboard vs port side?

It used to really matter, but now with thrusters you never know how a ship will dock. Sometimes they back in and sometimes they don't. If you really want to get a panoramic view then take an aft facing cabin.

I tried to research this before. We always have a balcony so it's nice to think about sitting on the balcony as the ship pulls into port or being on a certain side to see some feature, but then the ship BACKS in or there is another ship blocking the view. Then there is trying to not be located under something like a bar or noisy area. Read room reviews if you are concerned about something like that.

Is there any specific reason why one would choose a room on starboard vs port side?

We only care when it comes to Dream class ships. We book Lido starboard side because the Lanai on deck 5 is non-smoking on the starboard side.

Please, people, do NOT turn this into a smoking vs. non-smoking thread.

Yes, I smell smoke from below on a moving ship.

The fact that you don't makes you luckier than me.

Thank you.

We only care when it comes to Dream class ships. We book Lido starboard side because the Lanai on deck 5 is non-smoking on the starboard side.

Please, people, do NOT turn this into a smoking vs. non-smoking thread.

Yes, I smell smoke from below on a moving ship. .

The fact that you don't makes you luckier than me.

Thank you.

Good grief. But you DID manage to start one, didn't you:rolleyes:

I have a thing with numbers. i need a cabin that ends in a 5. starboard side for me. port side also makes me really uneasy. dont ask why, cause im not real sure LOL

I like to see the pilot boat dude jump off......so I prefer a port side [emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

despite my reply, we did port side cove balcony 2 weeks ago on the dream. reason being was because most of our roll call (same group of people we sailed with last year) were also port side coves! So, we went with it. anyway, watching the pilot boat action was really neat! it happened right under our balcony!! ALSO, seeing the Elation sail by on its way back to port was also neat!! i had no clue that was going to happen (first time sailing out of NOLA) and it was pretty cool! we were all hoopin and hollerin at them, and them to us! i wish i would have gotten a video! took pics though....

IMG_6321.jpg.b3eac24c966c8dff5b18386be1b2b79d.jpg

Edited by KLD1019

Have been on both sides, just depends where and the direction we are cruising as to which side (were told to be on port side in Med and Alaska due to direction of sailing).....but in general, we do like starboard side better. And it does seem that we face the port much more frequently on the starboard side......just our experience!!