Barcelona Hotel

djg541

Has anyone stayed in Barcelona pre cruise booked via HAL?

Im trying to find out what hotel they're using currently.

Am considering a cruise embarking from there in April '16.

Does HAL change hotels on any schedule or random? or at all?

Thanks

DJG

Per the HAL web site today.

PRE PACKAGES

GALLERY HOTEL BARCELONA (Value)

img_port_default.jpg

This modern, luxury hotel is ideally located in the cultural heart of Barcelona, between the Rambla de Catalunya and Passeig de Gracia, and close to Antoni Gaudí’s most important monuments including La Pedrera.

HOTEL HESPERIA PRESIDENTE (Downtown)

img_port_default.jpg

Located in the in the heart of Barcelona, welcoming guests into a stylish environment that blends art, comfort and convenience.

MELIÁ BARCELONA SARRIÀ (Downtown)

bcnhtl.jpg

The completely renovated Meliá Barcelona Sarrià, in the cultural and commercial heart of the city, is a few minutes from Avenida Diagonal and the Paseo de Gracia. Enjoy a quiet stroll through the historic streets of Gaudí’s City, while discovering the best restaurants and shopping areas, including the famous Illa de Barcelona.

I would be more than happy to help you!

We stayed a week prior tou our cruise at Hilton Diagonal Mar

Address Passeig del Taulat 262-264 Barcelona, 08019

Phone 34-93-5070707

We stayed with Hilton points!

Great place across the street is a wonderful enclosed mall with great restaurants, and the beach in walking distance and out front the metro!

We spent the nite prior to our cruise at:

Hotel Eurostar Grand Marina

Moll de Barcelona S/N, Barcelona

34-902932424

Right across from the terminal and it is beautiful.

The blue bus is in walking distance which can transport you to your cruise ship. We chose to take a taxi that morning.

Such a wonderful place. Walking distance to Magnamar shopping center with wonderful restraints and shops!

Starbucks 👍

La Boqueria, and Las Ramblas sooooo close!

We will be in Barcelona again in late Oct after our Med cruise again and will be there again at the same hotel for a week prior to going home after 2 months.

Hope this helps!

Denise:)

We stayed at Hotel Oriente Ramblas, 45 - 08002 Barcelona. About halfway up the Ramblas, some rooms overlook the Ramblas. We did it on our own and saw several cruise people also staying there. I don't think this was a hotel arranged by cruise lines, but many cruise passengers chose it.

I would be more than happy to help you!

We stayed a week prior tou our cruise at Hilton Diagonal Mar

Address Passeig del Taulat 262-264 Barcelona, 08019

Phone 34-93-5070707

We stayed with Hilton points!

Great place across the street is a wonderful enclosed mall with great restaurants, and the beach in walking distance and out front the metro!

We spent the nite prior to our cruise at:

Hotel Eurostar Grand Marina

Moll de Barcelona S/N, Barcelona

34-902932424

Right across from the terminal and it is beautiful.

The blue bus is in walking distance which can transport you to your cruise ship. We chose to take a taxi that morning.

Such a wonderful place. Walking distance to Magnamar shopping center with wonderful restraints and shops!

Starbucks 👍

La Boqueria, and Las Ramblas sooooo close!

We will be in Barcelona again in late Oct after our Med cruise again and will be there again at the same hotel for a week prior to going home after 2 months.

Hope this helps!

I would second the Hilton, Diagonal Mar... great location on the Mediterranean, we actually have stayed in Barcelona about 5 times... have also stayed at the Hotel Arts (a Ritz Charlton). Love Barcelona.

We stayed at the Hotel Montecarlo for the second time this past April. It is a wonderful hotel in a fantastic location right on the Ramblas and within walking distance to everything. It is also VERY reasonably priced. We took a cab from the hotel right to the port. Very quick, very easy. If you would like more information feel free to email me at helen647@aol.com and I will be happy to give you some additional information.

Helen

In fall 2014 we used HAL for our pre-cruise hotel and we stayed at the Melia Sarria. We liked it very much. Breakfast, if not included, is a bit pricey but I have to say that it was an excellent buffet. We loved the neighborhood; adjacent to Avenida Diagonal as well as a residential neighborhood with lots of local restaurants and tapas bars. It is a short walk to the Metro as well as the HOHO bus. Loved the room. Well appointed but like most European hotel rooms, a liitle tight by most US hotel standards outside NYC.Would definitely consider staying there again.

Edited by mikeange

In fall 2014 we used HAL for our pre-cruise hotel and we stayed at the Melia Sarria. We liked it very much. Breakfast, if not included, is a bit pricey but I have to say that it was an excellent buffet. We loved the neighborhood; adjacent to Avenida Diagonal as well as a residential neighborhood with lots of local restaurants and tapas bars. It is a short walk to the Metro as well as the HOHO bus. Loved the room. Well appointed but like most European hotel rooms, a liitle tight by most US hotel standards outside NYC.Would definitely consider staying there again.

I agree with mikeange. I stayed there last November. I didn't want a big breakfast (it was about $16CDN) so the young man outside the restaurant asked me what I wanted. I told him a muffin and coffee. He told me to sit at a table in the small bar area and brought me 2 muffins and a coffee - FREE! You can also get a small breakfast of cheeses, juice, coffee at the cheese restaurant off the lobby. Note: the walk in the airport from the plane to baggage was very looooong.

Edited by Sue from Canada

We stayed at the Hotel Majestic, modern, a bit pricey but excellent. It's a block in either direction to two of the Gaudi houses, so walkable. Also a block to the red or blue HoHo bus stops. A beautiful rooftop pool & bar with a view of the cathedral.

We live close to the Hilton Diagonal Mar and I second (or 3rd) it as a great choice. It would cost about (rounding up) 20€ to get to the port by taxi and around 40€ to get to the hotel from the airport (these are prices from my house, but I'm only about a block away). Another choice, (away from the crowds, but also near the beach) is the Barcelo Atena Mar. I have stayed there and it is comfortable with views of the beach and close to public transport. The Barcelona Bus Turistic HOHO bus even has a stop out front. I can't say much for the hotels in the city center as I haven't stayed in one.

If you end up at the Hilton, try Tagliatella for Italian food or Sagardi's for tapas. Mmm!

Ok, off my Barça soap box! ;)

Edited by HollandDisneyPrincess
Rounded up on the prices, just in (suit)case!

We live close to the Hilton Diagonal Mar and I second (or 3rd) it as a great choice. It would cost about (rounding up) 20€ to get to the port by taxi and around 40€ to get to the hotel from the airport (these are prices from my house, but I'm only about a block away). Another choice, (away from the crowds, but also near the beach) is the Barcelo Atena Mar. I have stayed there and it is comfortable with views of the beach and close to public transport. The Barcelona Bus Turistic HOHO bus even has a stop out front. I can't say much for the hotels in the city center as I haven't stayed in one.

If you end up at the Hilton, try Tagliatella for Italian food or Sagardi's for tapas. Mmm!

Ok, off my Barça soap box! ;)

We love, love, love Tagliatelle ! The Hotel recommended also Sagardis also!

This will be our 4th trip to Barcelona, and we always stay both going on our cruise a week before, and coming back from cruise. Since this time we will be coming back from 2 mos late Oct. and will be at the Hilton for 12 days.

Lucky you living there. So love Barcelona!

Poor OP, asks what hotels HAL uses and gets recommendations ;)

There are so many wonderful hotels in Barcelona but if the OP plans to use a pre-cruise HAL hotel, they are not an option.

I have found that most times (exception was London), HAL hotels are far pricier than if you do it yourself and then the world of possibilities opens up to you. :)

Hilton would not be one of my picks in Barcelona but we can all just agree to disagree. If there is no festival, etc. going on, far prefer to stay in Barri Gottic or even on Las Ramblas.

Hope the OP enjoys Barcelona. It's a city we always enjoy returning to :)