Upgrades

EDL

We were upgraded to Grand Suite on Navigator from Balcony. Didn't even know until checkin, the agent write a number on a sticker attached to passport. I asked her what the number was for, she said " your suite." I still didn't know what kind of suite, got to the door and there was a doorbell... It was like winning the lottery, best category we ever sailed in.

We were in a Jr. accessible suite on Legend last February and about 3 days into cruise, we were called and notified that we had won an upgrade to Grand Suite. We think that another passenger had an accident and needed accessible cabin and that's the reason for upgrade during cruise. We did not mind, the suite and concierge were wonderful!:):)

I wasn't upgraded by the cruise line but requested an upgrade due to big price drops. I booked an E2. With the first drop we went up to a JS and then the GS. Yes it was a small ship and the Mediterranean in November but it helped me to watch the prices.

I booked a Jr suite guarantee on Majesty and was assigned a Grand Suite 2 months before sailing! I can't wait. Another person sailing with me did the same thing and got the Grand Suite, while the 3rd person got assigned a jr suite.

We were upgraded on the Adventure in April and did not find out until we arrived to check in. The young man said our cabin number was xxxx and I said no that was the wrong cabin and he said yes ma'am it sure is, you have been upgraded. We originally had the covenanted corner aft balcony and were upgraded to JS aft. 1st time ever upgraded and very much appreciated. Just wonder how many times that happens at the pier?!!

Two years ago we booked a JS and about a month before sailing there was a one day price drop on GS cabins as many were unsold. We upgraded for about $20 each (for the whole 10 days, not per day), then about 2 weeks before sailing, I logged in to find we had received another upgrade from GS to OS (this one was free). It was amazing!

At the time we weren't Diamond members, so it was a real surprise.

Last October, Splendour out of Venice. Booked a JS, port side for the sail out. About a month ahead of time 5 people on our roll call were upgraded. JS to GS, GS to OS. We were all thrilled. Our GS was starboard, we "suffered" through!!! :D

Edited by artypharty

We were "upgraded" from two balcony cabins, side-by-side, to a two bedroom royal family suite on Jewel of the Seas So. Caribbean. Now, I do realize this is likely because they could book 8 people total into the two cabins we had reserved for 3 people, total. Still fun.

I have a question though - I see that people often book guarantee cabins, but I am wondering HOW? I don't see that on the Royal booking page. Is it when itineraries are first released, or closer to sailing? Or is it something you have to call for? As often as I check prices, I have never seen a Gty cabin category. Maybe I just choose the wrong sailings....

Thanks all!

...I have a question though - I see that people often book guarantee cabins, but I am wondering HOW? I don't see that on the Royal booking page. Is it when itineraries are first released, or closer to sailing? Or is it something you have to call for? As often as I check prices, I have never seen a Gty cabin category. Maybe I just choose the wrong sailings....

Thanks all!

Guarantee staterooms are not available on all sailings or even all categories. However, when they are available, they will show up on Royal's website.

If you look at the prices for the Vision transatlantic on Oct 30, 2015, you will see some inside and oceanview guarantee staterooms.

Edited by clarea