Advice on what to wear/pack please

dreday3

So trying to make just a list for late November cruise.

We decided to do specialty restaurants on formal nights, so that is a non issue.

For dinner at night, I have cute skirts/skorts in solids and prints( few inches above the knees) with cute tops. Good? And of course, great shoes. :D then I can wear this rest of night for shows or bars.

My dilemma, what do people wear in the day? How many times a day do you change? Swimsuit and cover for pool....then we don't eat until 7:30, so I'm thinking just shorts and a top after pool/before dinner? We aren't hang at the pool all day kind of people.

Then the islands...plan to wear swimsuit and cover up to beaches, then come back early, put shorts on and go shopping around port. Then change for dinner?? :confused:

All advice welcome, I'm fully aware I may be over thinking this. I just don't want to be accused of overpacking...because I always do!:p

Swimwear with cover ups in the morning and day or shorts/shirt or casual dress. Dresses, skirts and blouses in the evening. We sometimes dress up only for dinner and pictures then back in shorts/top or less dressy wear for the late shows.

Swimwear with cover ups in the morning and day or shorts/shirt or casual dress. Dresses, skirts and blouses in the evening. We sometimes dress up only for dinner and pictures then back in shorts/top or less dressy wear for the late shows.

Thanks! So it seems I'm on right track with two outfits per day, not counting swimwear.

Sit down and make a list (as you have done). Then, omit half the clothes and replace it with twice the money you intended to spend! :)

Seriously, both my wife and I end up packing much more clothing than we need. Pretty much every outfit we take, we can wear at least twice, if not three or four times. I usually come back with literally half my clothes not having been worn.

The first time I cruised, I ended up not using one of my suitcases at all. I think you're on the right track - 2 outfits per day (and for me one outfit is shorts and t-shirt), plus a bathing suit.

It's true, you really wont need or wear as much as you think -- no need to bring 14 complete outfits. I always return with clothing that wasn't worn. Every cruise, I get a little better at packing less / more efficiently. I use my dinner clothing more than once, esp dark bottoms (capri's, etc), often just changing tops. Also for dinner, I bring a black top with a couple different ways to accessorize to make it look like a different outfit, which can be worn with a couple different color bottoms. So your dinner-wear can conceivably consist of 3-4 tops and 3 bottoms (if you aren't doing formal). I do still bring at least 5-7 different day tops, but only 3-4 pair of shorts expecting to wear them twice. At least two bathing suits since you'll be spending a lot of time at the pool, and a few cover-ups (in which case, you might not even need as many day tops as I bring).

There's no self-serve laundry on RC, but they do have laundry service in case you need to have some items washed.

Personally, I can not wear something more than twice in one week. It is just too hot! With that said, I also usually overpack. You will need beachwear/cover ups, then a mid day outfit of sundress or shorts/tee then an evening outfit. But don't go crazy, try to mix and match. Yes, you will need clean clothes all week! You can skimp a little on the mid day clothes, that is where I tend to overpack.

I always used to overpack, but have done better since I started using some of the packing advice that I've read:

Pick a color scheme using a few different colors so that you can mix and match outfits and wear some things more than once.

On casual nights, wear a top for the first time to dinner and then wear it later during the week with shorts during the daytime.

Bring a few pair of shoes that will go with multiple outfits.

Some people bring a simple black dress and wear it more than one night and change their look using accessories (scarf, shawl, jewelry).

Happy cruising!

I wear two outfits per day also. Shorts, t-shirt during the day and then whatever the outfit is for evening. After so many cruises I don't care to pack all the different shoes, purses, jewelry, etc. Just don't care anymore. One or none on the purse, more than likely none. One pair of dress shoes, flip flops and possibly tennis shoes.

So trying to make just a list for late November cruise.

We decided to do specialty restaurants on formal nights, so that is a non issue.

For dinner at night, I have cute skirts/skorts in solids and prints( few inches above the knees) with cute tops. Good? And of course, great shoes. :D then I can wear this rest of night for shows or bars.

My dilemma, what do people wear in the day? How many times a day do you change? Swimsuit and cover for pool....then we don't eat until 7:30, so I'm thinking just shorts and a top after pool/before dinner? We aren't hang at the pool all day kind of people.

Then the islands...plan to wear swimsuit and cover up to beaches, then come back early, put shorts on and go shopping around port. Then change for dinner?? :confused:

All advice welcome, I'm fully aware I may be over thinking this. I just don't want to be accused of overpacking...because I always do!:p

I actually think you will be fine with your choices. Below is a link to the Cruise Fashion/Beauty forum. Lots of lovely ladies with good advice.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182

Bring 2 swimsuits so 1 can dry while you use the other.

Otherwise you pretty much have it with multiple outfits per day. I usually pack 3-4 pairs of shorts/capris and 6-7 tops. Then I pack my evening wear here I'll mix and match bottoms and tops. I usually re-wear these since I only wear them for dinner

No one cares what you wear.....so freeing to just throw in the bare minimum.......couple of capris,maybe 3 shirts as I can be a spiller but always 2 swimsuits as I don't like putting on a damp and sandy one...a beach coverup that will wash and dry quickly in the sink and a rash guard for snorkeling and swimming in the sea....leaves plenty of room in my carryon for a fan,snorkel set san fins and a couple of books for the beach and tablet for the cabin.......

I always used to overpack, but have done better since I started using some of the packing advice that I've read:

Pick a color scheme using a few different colors so that you can mix and match outfits and wear some things more than once.

On casual nights, wear a top for the first time to dinner and then wear it later during the week with shorts during the daytime.

Bring a few pair of shoes that will go with multiple outfits.

Some people bring a simple black dress and wear it more than one night and change their look using accessories (scarf, shawl, jewelry).

Happy cruising!

Exactly what I was going to suggest.